• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

My box from Dre comes tomorrow, hopefully it has something good .

If not sky bound will be getting more of my money on Tuesday lol

my 2 boxes struck out...i'll try again on Tuesday just for fun.

one was 800 grams and the other 801 grams....for what that was worth.

:sorry:

Dan

i think there would be a few grams difference if there was a golden ticket... heck a dollar bill weighs a gram... and they are nothing... those tickets look like cardstock...

Did you open the heavier one first?

My two boxes from Dre arrive tomorrow as well

yeah opened heavier just in case...then I started getting crazy and thinking maybe the bw was lighter because of the lack of ink...so I opened both

:cry:

oh and the plastic wrapper is kind of a crinkly plastic (tears in chunks) so if you buy a box on ebay and it has the kind of slippery non-crinkly plastic wrap (the kind you can ball up easily) you find at best buy or some other store that wraps their electronics, then it's probably been rewrapped.

Did you open the heavier one first?

My two boxes from Dre arrive tomorrow as well

yeah opened heavier just in case...then I started getting crazy and thinking maybe the bw was lighter because of the lack of ink...so I opened both

:cry:

oh and the plastic wrapper is kind of a crinkly plastic (tears in chunks) so if you buy a box on ebay and it has the kind of slippery non-crinkly plastic wrap (the kind you can ball up easily) you find at best buy or some other store that wraps their electronics, then it's probably been rewrapped.

Good to know for those who purchase boxes off eBay. (thumbs u

Would everyone still be champing at the bit and as excited if the Walking Dead #1 ticket has been found?

I am going to say no everyone would not be chomping at the bit, which brings us to the conspiracy theory that the Walking Dead golden ticket will be in a box that is sold form the Skybound store on Tuesday. If that ticket surfaces before Tuesday, would it not have the potential to kill Tuesday sales?

2c

Would everyone still be champing at the bit and as excited if the Walking Dead #1 ticket has been found?

I am going to say no everyone would not be chomping at the bit, which brings us to the conspiracy theory that the Walking Dead golden ticket will be in a box that is sold form the Skybound store on Tuesday. If that ticket surfaces before Tuesday, would it not have the potential to kill Tuesday sales?

2c

hm

Dan

No, because you still have a chance to get a set of B&W books.. And if you don't get any of the bonuses you still get a set of 10 cool skybound books and a flash drive with all first volume trades of the ten books.

So it's still a good deal at cost from the store (thumbs u

getting into this late, but how many tickets remain?

I know of five that have gone public. There were pictures of 3 winners claiming 4 tickets (one lady got two golden tickets) and someone on these boards got the Clone ticket. So, there are 15 left. I remember that one of the winners on the Twitter feed won the Manifest Destiny.

2c

I didn't want to say it but yeah, if I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that Skybound are holding back the WD1 ticket to ensure the run sells out. But I don't think they are: they'd be playing that up a lot more on social media etc.

On another conspiracy theory note, the lucky lady who got two tickets was wearing a Pop Culture company tee shirt (presumably an employee). Does anyone know if they bought tons of boxes to re-sell?

Because, having picked up a ticket, there's a way to ascertain if your box has ticket or not.

Whatever the case, incredible luck to pull 2 tickets out of 20.

From my earlier post:

This is what's been pulled so far (from a combination of Twitter feeds and what was posted here on the boards):

Birthright #1 x 1 (boardie's friend)

Clone #1 x 1 (mine)

Ghosted #1 x 2 (Skybound Twitter)

Invincible #1 x 1 (Skybound Twitter)

Manifest Destiny #1 x 2 (Skybound Twitter)

13 more tickets out in the wild!

From my earlier post:

This is what's been pulled so far (from a combination of Twitter feeds and what was posted here on the boards):

Clone #1 x 1 (mine)

Thanks!

2c

I didn't want to say it but yeah, if I were a conspiracy theorist, I'd say that Skybound are holding back the WD1 ticket to ensure the run sells out. But I don't think they are: they'd be playing that up a lot more on social media etc.

On another conspiracy theory note, the lucky lady who got two tickets was wearing a Pop Culture company tee shirt (presumably an employee). Does anyone know if they bought tons of boxes to re-sell?

Because, having picked up a ticket, there's a way to ascertain if your box has ticket or not.

Whatever the case, incredible luck to pull 2 tickets out of 20.

From my earlier post:

Clone #1 x 1 (mine)

Did you weigh your ticket? And congrats on the Clone!!