• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

There really looks to be no down side to these boxes especially if you get them for $80 unless the price for opened sets start to fall drastically. I love me a mystery box!

Open box sold for $54 on eBay yesterday (just one example)

and one sold for $90+(another example)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-OPENED-SDCC-/311404958947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48812e94e3

There really looks to be no down side to these boxes especially if you get them for $80 unless the price for opened sets start to fall drastically. I love me a mystery box!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-OPENED-SDCC-/311404958947?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item48812e94e3

:baiting:

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

If I could take my losing lottery tickets in to a gas station and end up getting more for them than I have in them....win win

I think the price of the opened will go up once all the tickets are found

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

Low end Capitalism ! :banana:

So I opened my box that my friend picked up for me at SDCC. The box was bubble wrapped and box shipped. The problem is the Walking Dead #1 was bent at the top corner when it was inserted into the box (the factory box not the shipping box.) the box was unopened when it was shipped to me and I was actually doing an unboxing video when I noticed the damage.

My question Skybound will help or SOL?

I emailed Skybound as soon as I noticed it but not sure if they will contact me back. I know that Robert Kirkman's brother (I believe) comes on here from time to time. I was really disappointed as this was the book I wanted above all. Was going to submit the whole box for grading but not worth the effort now.

So I opened my box that my friend picked up for me at SDCC. The box was bubble wrapped and box shipped. The problem is the Walking Dead #1 was bent at the top corner when it was inserted into the box (the factory box not the shipping box.) the box was unopened when it was shipped to me and I was actually doing an unboxing video when I noticed the damage.

My question Skybound will help or SOL?

I emailed Skybound as soon as I noticed it but not sure if they will contact me back. I know that Robert Kirkman's brother (I believe) comes on here from time to time. I was really disappointed as this was the book I wanted above all. Was going to submit the whole box for grading but not worth the effort now.

:popcorn:

Pay $80, sell for $90

^^

What exactly is your problem with this product Ryan? This is no different than buying a case of Walking Dead trading cards, enjoying the Anticipation (which is super fun) of not knowing what you'll get in the product, and being able to then collect what you open.

You know what has grown NOT fun in comics?? Seeing the same people submit 50 copies of Lazarus, or Outcast (seriously, 1800 9.8 copies already??) or whatever the new "hot" comic is of the week.

Sure it's a gamble. That's the fun thing about it. I personally wanted a b&w set, but was 100% against buying a set on ebay. Why?? Because that's no fun.

"Artificial collectible" ??? Seriously?? 99.99% of all new modern comics are defined as this. I thought the WD#1, and Invisible #1 b&w editions looked cool enough for me to get.

Oh, and for those thinking ebay sellers will weigh, or w/e I bought this box of the bay, and hit this:

a8d0a84e-1f56-4918-b326-485dae12d170.jpg

Seriously don't understand some of the hatred on these boards lately, and not just in the modern section. People wonder why I haven't been active for mo's, but it's for these reasons.

Oh, and I support "mystery boxes" type sales if they come from legit sellers. Wonder why the "loot" craze is so popular??? It's the same concept. Don't mean to rant at you specifically Ryan, just addressing the issue as a whole though.

I got my two boxes from AWAX today.

One is mine, one is a friends. What a mistake that was!

Anyways, I picked one of the boxes.

I did it on perescope but i can't figure out how to link my perescope.

Guessing he hit a Golden ticket!??