• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SDCC Skybound 5th Anniversary Box set (updated with Ticket totals)

1,760 posts in this topic

Would everyone still be champing at the bit and as excited if the Walking Dead #1 ticket has been found?

I am going to say no everyone would not be chomping at the bit, which brings us to the conspiracy theory that the Walking Dead golden ticket will be in a box that is sold form the Skybound store on Tuesday. If that ticket surfaces before Tuesday, would it not have the potential to kill Tuesday sales?

2c

I wouldn't say there's a conspiracy......otherwise they wouldn't be an Invincible #1 winner.

I don't think if WD got pulled, Tuesday sales would go down..... There is still ToT and Outcast. Both is still very hot.....

On a side note, did Kickman did all these books?? I know he did WD, invincible, ToT and Outcast. I haven't been reading Clone or MD so I don't know if he did those.

My question is, why would he put his signature on those books which he didn't write or contributed in?? Is it like an editorial thing, since he's one of Image's top dog??

I pulled a black&white out of my skybound box but was overall displeased with the condition, so i did some simple dry cleaning to the covers (most had rub from the back cover) and sold them. Although i kept the flash drive for the comics, i am surprised with alot of the walk through 9.8s as I assume most of the issues would have the same rub.

is it possible to find a ticket inside a box that has a B&W set.

He's got till Tuesday morning to unload these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-FIVE-YEARS-2010-2015-SKYBOUND-5TH-ANNIVERSARY-BOX-SET-SEALED-SDCC-/311404158500?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4881225e24

I messaged them to try and get a few off eBay. They replied with....

"You have to buy them off of Ebay so Skybound can track the orders needed to fill next week. Thanks JJ"

Then I asked if it was some sort of pre order for skybounds website realease since they aren't shipping til mid next week and they relied.

"I have no ideal, I just know we have sold over 300 sets in the store and online. Thanks JJ"

So I'm lost haha

Is it against ebay policies to list something you do not have in your possession?

Are they reliable/trustworthy at all? I have some eBay credit to spend, and wouldn't mind picking up one of these boxes. I just don't want to pick one up that has been opened and resealed.

This is the seller I got my box from; it was sealed and I ended up with a B&W set.

This thread is .......

:screwy: ??

It's brilliant marketing on Skybound's part. "Let's create a manufactured collectible (although we hate when people do that, but you know, monies!) and let's make it more enticing by making a limited few of the limited boxes B&W and then let's throw in some lottery tickets to make them even more enticing."

Just this thread alone is proof in the pudding it worked lol

Bravo Sybound... bravo. You are the masters of the mystery box

It's brilliant marketing on Skybound's part. "Let's create a manufactured collectible (although we hate when people do that, but you know, monies!) and let's make it more enticing by making a limited few of the limited boxes B&W and then let's throw in some lottery tickets to make them even more enticing."

Hey its capitalism at its best.. and for someone like me who loves spending my hard earned cash on comics, I will continue to do so :whee:..

I Just got 3 boxes in from eBay.. had the right wrap.. 1 B&W set and 2 regular. No golden ticket :( .. however, my B&W set looks to be in damn fine shape. Definitely worthy of a slab or two.

This thread is .......

You may think its a marketing ploy but I believe this is fandom. I didn't get any boxes but I enjoy following this thread and can't wait to see a fellow boardie get the ultimate golden ticket.

Out of my 3 boxes, 1 was a BW box, with all books being 9.8 or better copies. A special thank you to Dre for the stellar packaging on my boxes and other books from SDCC.

The gambler in me wants to buy 2 more, but only if the WD ticket is still in the wild by the time they go up on the site.

This thread is .......

You may think I know its a marketing ploy but I believe this is fandom. I didn't get any boxes but I enjoy following this thread and can't wait to see a fellow boardie get the ultimate golden ticket.

Fixed ;)

Out of my 3 boxes, 1 was a BW box, with all books being 9.8 or better copies. A special thank you to Dre for the stellar packaging on my boxes and other books from SDCC.

The gambler in me wants to buy 2 more, but only if the WD ticket is still in the wild by the time they go up on the site.

You're welcome! Happy to see you get a B/W!

This thread is .......

QFT!! Btw, the dream for TWD #1 CGC SS 9.8 ticket is still alive and kicking, because I got my box today and no dice! I got the regular covers and no "golden ticket," though I'm happy all the books look like 9.8 candidates.

:)

It's all revenue generating and helping the Skybound bottom line. Otherwise why make a gazillion variant covers to sell at conventions? I'm looking at you Outcast 'Photo' cover. And everyone downstream gets to earn coin off said collectibles. Win-Win.

Regardless, the product itself is pretty neat. And good value too. If you break down the elements: 10 books x $2.99 and consider you get digital copies of 10 volumes worth of books (roughly 50 comics), that's worth $80 or more.

Add in the thrill of opening up variants and golden ticket? Now where's line forming?

Whatever. We all know we're in it for a chance at winning WD #1 worth over $2.3k. Probably more.

It's all revenue generating and helping the Skybound bottom line. Otherwise why make a gazillion variant covers to sell at conventions? I'm looking at you Outcast 'Photo' cover. And everyone downstream gets to earn coin off said collectibles. Win-Win.

Regardless, the product itself is pretty neat. And good value too. If you break down the elements: 10 books x $2.99 and consider you get digital copies of 10 volumes worth of books (roughly 50 comics), that's worth $80 or more.

Add in the thrill of opening up variants and golden ticket? Now where's line forming?

Whatever. We all know we're in it for a chance at winning WD #1 worth over $2.3k. Probably more.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ this

USPS screwed up and the boxes from Dre won't be delivered till tomorrow

I may need to buy some more boxes...

What happened?

not sure but i'm guessing they read the zip code incorrectly

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 10:34 am on July 20, 2015 in CHICAGO, IL. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect