• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

Last night it was a new episode of Better Call Saul. Tonight it's a new episode of Moon Knight. Suddenly I prefer Tuesdays to Wednesdays.

They should have left Moon Knight on the shelf. If you haven’t started this show, don’t bother. It’s complete garbage. The content Marvel has put on Disney has been mediocre at best with few bright spots. I’m going to stick out D+ until Kenobi and then I’m cancelling.  

On 4/27/2022 at 7:48 AM, bentbryan said:

They should have left Moon Knight on the shelf. If you haven’t started this show, don’t bother. It’s complete garbage. The content Marvel has put on Disney has been mediocre at best with few bright spots. I’m going to stick out D+ until Kenobi and then I’m cancelling.  

I'm glad that I don't pay to access D+, because without all of the legacy content, The Mandalorian may be the only thing keeping that platform alive.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:33 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'm still floored at the breadth and depth of people on social media claiming this is the most spectacular MCU production EVER!

And not just fanatical MCU fans. Even critics that are contributors on Rotten Tomatoes. Not that brings any credibility.

I mean, I understand if others like/love it, as I probably would have when I was in school and somewhat-obsessed with Egyptology (thanks, Yu-Gi-Oh). But we're 2 episodes away from the finale... And very little has happened...

On 4/27/2022 at 3:33 PM, Bosco685 said:

I'm still floored at the breadth and depth of people on social media claiming this is the most spectacular MCU production EVER!

And not just fanatical MCU fans. Even critics that are contributors on Rotten Tomatoes. Not that brings any credibility.

Well I thought six years ago Colliders Batman V Superman review was the low point but things are even worse nowadays.
(direction bad, acting bad, -script bad, boring film but comic book accurate Batman, good fight scene with Batman and Superman so 8/10)

On 4/27/2022 at 3:56 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I mean, I understand if others like/love it, as I probably would have when I was in school and somewhat-obsessed with Egyptology (thanks, Yu-Gi-Oh). But we're 2 episodes away from the finale... And very little has happened...

For people somewhat-obsessed with Egyptology I recommend going to Egypt to see the pyramids and Egyptian Museum for Mask of Tutankhamun.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:14 AM, godzilla43 said:

For people somewhat-obsessed with Egyptology I recommend going to Egypt to see the pyramids and Egyptian Museum for Mask of Tutankhamun.

Any concerns for tourists? My friends and I were just discussing travel, local law, and potentially bad areas to be a tourist. Africa and Egypt was brought up, as in the future I would love to visit the pyramids. I'm just not sure how foreigner-friendly Egypt is.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:14 AM, godzilla43 said:

I saw the Tut exhibit when I was a child in the 70s and again when it came around a few years ago, took my kids like my parents took me. We loved it, such dramatic and beautiful objects.

Maybe Egypt should be on my radar. I know a Magdy so I have an in.

On 4/27/2022 at 4:17 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Any concerns for tourists? My friends and I were just discussing travel, local law, and potentially bad areas to be a tourist. Africa and Egypt was brought up, as in the future I would love to visit the pyramids. I'm just not sure how foreigner-friendly Egypt is.

I don't know if I would feel safe to go there even now. I was in Kairo like twenty years ago but that was then. Those pyramids are really something people should see at least once.

On 4/27/2022 at 9:03 AM, godzilla43 said:

Well I thought six years ago Colliders Batman V Superman review was the low point but things are even worse nowadays.
(direction bad, acting bad, --script bad, boring film but comic book accurate Batman, good fight scene with Batman and Superman so 8/10)

I thought six years ago reporting sites had lost their mind when they exploded over THIS IS NOT MY SUPERMAN, or how they constantly regurgitated Mark Waid's reaction to Man of Steel where he stood up in the theater and screamed. So they wanted to reinforce how all fans should hate these films because the creator of Superman: Birthright already told us we should hate it.

You know - really stable and even-handed reporting without a lot of bias. :deadhorse:

I've been enjoying it. I really like the acting. Really like Steven Grant. Love the look of the show.

The latest episode wasn't my favorite, but so far I like that it has a different feel than other Marvel shows.

It’s getting very close to the point where I really won’t care anymore about the MCU. It’s approaching Star Wars level of I don’t give a carp what the hell they do, it’s over for me 😂. And that’s my review of Episode 5. :acclaim:

image.jpeg.969123bfe53c162d41dbf195bcc986c8.jpeg

Edited by Xenosmilus