• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s MOON KNIGHT series starring Oscar Isaac (2022)
7 7

563 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 4:48 AM, jsilverjanet said:

Just finished episode 5

the show has been weak, poorly developed 

i understand how some of you might like it (because it's different), but has not been executed well

maybe because a lot of people are expecting a standard superhero series with a lot of action? they clearly went in a different direction with this series. I'm enjoying it so far. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, Lpgk said:

And what about the third personality we've been teased with? Is Jake only going to appear in the last episode only?

I'm thinking they have to, but who knows. There isn't much time. I mean, that third personality offed multiple people, it's not like a random plot hole or crew member in the background. 

On 4/28/2022 at 4:27 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I'm thinking they have to, but who knows. There isn't much time. I mean, that third personality offed multiple people, it's not like a random plot hole or crew member in the background. 

He was in this episode, just not named. He was the one who threatened suicide (you can see the nose injury appear that he has in the comics and accent was off)

On 4/28/2022 at 10:33 AM, Sauce Dog said:

He was in this episode, just not named. He was the one who threatened suicide (you can see the nose injury appear that he has in the comics and accent was off)

You're right. He was the one that offed some people in the earlier episode, was in the sarcophagus and had the different accent. I guess he would be the other alter since Stephen appears to be dead. It wouldn't be Moon Knight if he didn't have MPD after all. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:11 PM, Lpgk said:

You're right. He was the one that offed some people in the earlier episode, was in the sarcophagus and had the different accent. I guess he would be the other alter since Stephen appears to be dead. It wouldn't be Moon Knight if he didn't have MPD after all. 

Also once Steven died the scales balanced since there were only two identities left (equalling the two hearts), whereas before it was two hearts for three identities (and Jake most certainly knows everything the others are doing, so he doesn't need to be filled in about the past like Steven did).

On 4/28/2022 at 11:59 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Also once Steven died the scales balanced since there were only two identities left (equalling the two hearts), whereas before it was two hearts for three identities (and Jake most certainly knows everything the others are doing, so he doesn't need to be filled in about the past like Steven did).

I didn't think about it from that angle. I guess two hearts but three personalities led to the imbalance. 

Disney+’s Oscar Isaac-led “Moon Knight” debuted with its premiere episode watched for 418 million minutes during the Marvel Cinematic Universe show’s first five days of availability, according to Nielsen’s newly released streaming rankings.

For the week of March 28-April 3, “Moon Knight” didn’t make the ratings-currency company’s list of the Top 10 video on demand programs, though it landed at No. 6 for streaming originals. For comparison, “Hawkeye,” Disney+’s most recent Marvel original series, drew 852 million minutes viewed of its first two episodes during the same time span after its Nov. 24 premiere. Both series were given a weekly rollout from Disney+, but it should be noted that while “Hawkeye” had two episodes released on Day 1, while many viewers were home for Thanksgiving, only the first installment of “Moon Knight” was dropped on its premiere day.

On 4/28/2022 at 9:02 PM, alexgross.com said:

just outstanding acting work from oscar isaac in this last episode. really moving stuff. i'm loving this show even though i can't really share it with my seven year old son yet. 

I'd like to. But dragging the mental challenges for 5 episodes and only 1 more coming holds me back.

I'm guessing but being the MCU an appearance is coming by Blade or Werewolf By Night to plug the follow-on next production.

On 4/29/2022 at 5:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

I'd like to. But dragging the mental challenges for 5 episodes and only 1 more coming holds me back.

I'm guessing but being the MCU an appearance is coming by Blade or Werewolf By Night to plug the follow-on next production.

I don't know if people think it'd be too 'formulaic', but they really should have covered all of the personalities thru the first 3 episodes. It was spread too thin.

On 4/29/2022 at 5:24 AM, Bosco685 said:

With the focus on gods, I wouldn’t be surprised if Christian Bale/Gorr the God Butcher makes an brief appearance to plug Love and Thunder. 

On 4/29/2022 at 6:50 AM, awakeintheashes said:

With the focus on gods, I wouldn’t be surprised if Christian Bale/Gorr the God Butcher makes an brief appearance to plug Love and Thunder. 

On 4/29/2022 at 7:01 AM, Bosco685 said:

Very good point.

Probably jumps on the hippo's back, rides her around from realm to realm, then shouts, "I will kill your gods" as he lops off her head.

I am still sticking to this theory that Gorr will show up at the end of next week's episode and kill on the Eqyptian Gods. I can't see him killing the Hippo as that wouldn't have any impact as when I look at that Hippo I do see a laughable Barney running around. Maybe it will be a higher profile god that he kills.

On 4/29/2022 at 12:07 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

I'm not big on Moon Knight as a character but are fans of the book happy with this show?

Don't really see a way to get him into a movie now, he seems destined to stay a Disney + property.

Happy? Yes, but mostly no. I'm a big fan of the books, but none of my complaints with the series are about differences or changes they might have made (in fact, those are some of my favourite things; I love the costume redesign and separation of his identities in a much more explicit and hidden way - even the explanation of the Mr.Knight suit being personal to Steven. The only thing I don't enjoy is his super healing durability, which could be fine if framed in the right way but as it is ended up sucking all the tension out of every fight). I'm also fine with the amount of screen time the suit has been given.

The show does look and sound good, and for the most part very well acted. Casting has been perfection too. Where I find it to be a bore/slog is mostly the ----script and editing. Fights are poor and often pointless, and the episodes feel like they could have been tightened up considerably (episode three could almost have been cut outright without any real impact to the plot had they written the gods binding Khonshu at another point in the series). I don't foresee any MK movie coming from this, only including him in perhaps another team-up show with other characters (or the brief cameo in a larger movie where fanboys will just soil their pants at recognizing a slew of characters at once)

Edited by Sauce Dog

I watched 2 episodes and had a hard time getting through the second episode..

Was really excited for a horror based superhero  in Chicago that jetsets around the globe going on dank and creepy missions. 
sort of Indiana Jones-Batman-Dracula vibe.

What we got was a reimagined mess.

the source material was perfectly fine.

imagine if Chris Columbus decided to write his own  Harry Potter movie and throw out source material.

the amount of disrespect the comic industry puts up with just for agenda driven m she u is pathetic. 

my god just stick to source material Disney plus it’s not hard.

if I wanted to binge on searchlight films or character driven indie comedies with quirky cliche I’ll go watch eternal sunshine of the spotless mind or Napoleon dynamite again.

thanks for wasting my 2 hours,  give me superheroes in actual action scenes please.

Wtf is up with Disney plus and m she u?

rant off, cheers gents and ladies