• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CGC 8.0...ONLY KNOWN DOUBLE COVER GRADED FOR SALE.

198 posts in this topic

Ok, I have to chime in on this one. I do happen to have a copy of Avengers #57 (raw) with a double wrap cover. I'm at work and will post pics of it later this evening. It's not a very attractive copy and I obtained it in a group of books I purchased off ebay. See my earlier post regarding the book. The copy I have is maybe a 3.5-4.0 outside cover and 5.0-6.5 interior cover. I intend to have it pressed and it will definitely need a cleaning before i sub it for grading.

And there you have it.

Avengers #57 with double covers from a recent lot purchase on E-bay!

Every once and awhile you can get really great deals looking for deals on E-bay. A couple months ago I purchased a Silver Age Lot of about 40 really beat up comics. They were advertised as such and the pictures that were attached confirmed it! Out of the lot though I noticed a copy of Sub-mariner #1 and Avenger #57 (1st Vision App.). There were a couple of other nice books that for the price would be great to have as readers. So even though I had read most or still have high grade copies I just couldn't pass up bidding on the lot.

Ok, I win the lot they arrive and I said to myself, that was a bad purchase :( Most of the books were even worst than the pictures showed in the listing but it's hard to tell sometime.

I couldn't complain the price was still fair, however this past weekend while going though some of the books I noticed that the copy of the Avengers #57 felt a little thicker than it should have. Did I not check it out when I first got it? I think not, I was disappointed that it was actually in the shape as advertised and just tossed it into a box. Well this copy had received 2 covers during production, so even though the exterior cover was a complete mess, the interior cover was very nice. So nice that I now plan to send it to Matt Nelson for pressing and then get an autograph by Stan.

I'm hoping it presses out to a 6.0 or better on the interior cover the exterior the best I can hope for is a 4.0 and I will keep everyone posted on the books journey through each process. See attached pic!

13800.JPG

See more journals by Dre

Oh they do trust me lol. When i told them once in the past about me getting my comic pressed and cleaned they asked me if nick duda did it...which of course he did...

How bout only known double cover pressed by Nick Duda

why not 'lone copy on census'?

. Asking $2,000 or best offer. No paypal. Cash, money order or western union only but meeting up in my area is preferred.

can you provide any references?

eBay ID to show that you've got a transaction history?

Something to make a potetial buyer not feel ok with wandering into your "preferred area" with 2k in cash in their pocket?

. Asking $2,000 or best offer. No paypal. Cash, money order or western union only but meeting up in my area is preferred.

Something to make a potetial buyer not feel ok with wandering into your "preferred area" with 2k in cash in their pocket?

No worries. Meet-up is at Phil's parking lot.

Any questions please feel free to ask.

OK...

Why did you not fill out your complete board profile when you signed up? I never understand that...

When is your birthday?

What is your occupation?

What are your hobbies?

What do you collect?

What is your most desired collectable [sic]?

Here ill tell u what since it seems so many people always seem to knock something someone has. These forumes are huge. Find one person here that may have one or may know of someone that has one. Please by all means, i beg u to do it. Most of u probably know a majority of each other on here so lets see u guys find another person with one. U want to knock me, so lets see u guys put up cause if u cant then for crying out loud, shut up

Jh9FbKh.gif

That was perfect lol