• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CGC 8.0...ONLY KNOWN DOUBLE COVER GRADED FOR SALE.

198 posts in this topic

Ninod77, listen. You effed up. You didn't do your due diligence as to the what and how of selling on this site. Then you're combative, and quite frankly, your reasoning doesn't make sense. No one is going to buy a book at that price point with so little information, and no Paypal. Too risky.

Your only choice is a mea culpa, join the community, let people get to know you, and you them, and see if this site is for you.

Otherwise, chalk it up to lessons learned, and move on. Would be best for all.

Great post.

Nino...in concert with a Google search, there's enough info in that Facebook fragment to figure out that you are indeed a "real" person in Chicago, and that the things you have disclosed about your personal situation ring true (I must say, however, that your youtube video about feeding the children is a little disturbing).

But, as others have said...please understand that this is not Instagram, Facebook, Craiglist, etc...members of this site are VERY protective of the pseudo-community we have here, and will sniff out B/S faster than flies sniff out mess. So, if you want to participate here, back off the ledge a bit, and begin again...

Do you actually collect comics, or did you just wind up winning this one in a poker game or something, and have no further interest in comics beyond that...sincere question.

Edowens, that youtube video with the kids was done on new years eve 2 years ago as a joke in response to a joke video a friend sent us an hour before then. Its pretty funny when u see actually see what lead up to it. Now i do collect comics but i sell as well. Just like i collect and sell hot wheels and sports cards as well. I keep what i like and sell the rest. Now for me, im not an Avengers collector so i sell what i get thats associated with them. Im more of a star wars, x-men, spiderman collector. I would never sell my NM 98, or X-Men annual #1 or things of that nature, just to give u an idea. And yes, im very active on social media. Some poker tournament wins are listed on google qhen u type my name as well. Its the most useful platform. As for this particular comic, i think i have someone thats going to buy it so if he does, then the rest of this post will be useless

Edowens, that youtube video with the kids was done on new years eve 2 years ago as a joke in response to a joke video a friend sent us an hour before then. Its pretty funny when u see actually see what lead up to it. Now i do collect comics but i sell as well. Just like i collect and sell hot wheels and sports cards as well. I keep what i like and sell the rest. Now for me, im not an Avengers collector so i sell what i get thats associated with them. Im more of a star wars, x-men, spiderman collector. I would never sell my NM 98, or X-Men annual #1 or things of that nature, just to give u an idea. And yes, im very active on social media. Some poker tournament wins are listed on google qhen u type my name as well. Its the most useful platform. As for this particular comic, i think i have someone thats going to buy it so if he does, then the rest of this post will be useless

Fair enough. Thanks for the response.

And news flash guys, ANYONE on here that sells and doesnt report it on their taxes is technically committing tax evasion so please enough of the judgemental . Starting to wonder how old are the ones im really dealing with on here. So can we please get back to the frikin book.

We've actually had discussions about that, and Paypal does report sales for tax purposes.

Can anyone find a picture of this guy? I want to see how banjo this dude is!

I'm new here and this is an interesting thread...

I just wanted to add, that yes, Paypal (as a Credit Card processor) is required by the IRS to issue a 1099-K form in the event that they process 200 transactions and the sum of those transactions is equal to or greater than $20,000.

If a 1099-K form is issued, your revenue has been reported. Oh, and revenue is not profit - you're taxed on your gains, not your revenue.

And news flash guys, ANYONE on here that sells and doesnt report it on their taxes is technically committing tax evasion so please enough of the judgemental . Starting to wonder how old are the ones im really dealing with on here. So can we please get back to the frikin book.

We've actually had discussions about that, and Paypal does report sales for tax purposes.

I just wanted to add, that yes, Paypal (as a Credit Card processor) is required by the IRS to issue a 1099-K form in the event that they process 200 transactions and the sum of those transactions is equal to or greater than $20,000.

If a 1099-K form is issued, your revenue has been reported. Oh, and revenue is not profit - you're taxed on your gains, not your revenue.

God knows I'm in the clear then...

What's the matter with you, bringing facts and relevant thoughts to this thread? Have you lost your senses sir?

This has been a great thread-- you guys make this a great place to hang out.

In defense of the board, I've been a member now for only a year or so, but I've been impressed with the generosity of the members in the various charity threads that've run here and the information you can find.

But they are harsh if you don't want to be a member of the community. When I first started here, I spent some time in the forums, and if you're honestly interested in comics and comics art this is a tremendous resource with some great people.

I didn't start selling or buying on here until I'd been around a while, and I've run several extremely successful sales threads -- and FYI I do report the income because as my tax attorney has advised I can also deduct the expenses of the hobby if I report the income which makes it come out-- few of us bought these high end collectibles at cover price when we resell, and I've gotten some great books from many members here.

One of the annoying things of the internet (and I don't do Facebook because it's filled with nonsense) is the anonymity invites people to say things they wouldn't normally say in public. I use my real name-- this is not a moniker, it's the same thing on my Drivers License-- by using my real name I stand behind whatever nonsense I say. Nothing hidden here. I think the 'net would be a more civil place if we all used our real names.

But again, this is a great thread-- and while it seems to be a legit book from a seller who just didn't do the diligence to sell here it has been a very entertaining read.

FYI, I just met up with Nino and I got the book. It was all legitimate. I will vouch for Nino. He's an avid collector that would like to offer more things on the Boards in the future. I hope we can welcome him next time.

http://www.myslabbedcomics.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=36671&GSub=887

:thumbsup:

FYI, I just met up with Nino and I got the book. It was all legitimate. I will vouch for Nino. He's an avid collector that would like to offer more things on the Boards in the future. I hope we can welcome him next time.

Great to hear but he still needs to adhere to the rules. A lot of this could have been avoided and now has left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Despite the sale, it's sort of disturbing that someone wants to justify tax evasion to a bunch of tax payers.

Great to hear but he still needs to adhere to the rules. A lot of this could have been avoided and now has left a bad taste in some people's mouths. Despite the sale, it's sort of disturbing that someone wants to justify tax evasion to a bunch of tax payers.

Don't forget about railing against those illegals who are taking his tax money :cloud9:

See, here we go again with people attacking when they shouldnt be. Im not going to turn this into a government/political thing but i paid taxes for years and when my family's company went under, the government did squat to help my family or me but it constantly helps illegals with that tax money i paid out for 18 yrs. The government and the illigals dont deserve a dime from me anymore. Plus, anyone that thinks social security is going to be around still in 30 yrs, keep dreaming...as far as the mortgage goes, it was done through my wife cause of her job as an administrator in the school district, not that its anyone's business. And news flash guys, ANYONE on here that sells and doesnt report it on their taxes is technically committing tax evasion so please enough of the judgemental . Starting to wonder how old are the ones im really dealing with on here. So can we please get back to the frikin book.

:banana::whee::cloud9:

It seems that u guys can constantly want to keep bashing people but facts are facts. EVEN if u pay your taxes from work, but dont pay taxes on your sales of comics or whatever else u may sell, your still doing tax evasion...plain and simple. You dont like the truth, not my problem but facts are facts...and thx bob for a smooth transaction. Yes i could have done better research to post on here but internet bully's really make me laugh