• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CGC 8.0...ONLY KNOWN DOUBLE COVER GRADED FOR SALE.

198 posts in this topic

I call BS my friend is a degenerate gambler and he used his winnings as the down payment and the bank asked a million and one questions even though him and his wife made easily 6 figures a year and that was prior to 9/11

I'm curious as to what bank would give you a mortgage without an income what term and rate hell give them my name i am looking to buy a house

See, here we go again with people attacking when they shouldnt be. Im not going to turn this into a government/political thing but i paid taxes for years and when my family's company went under, the government did squat to help my family or me but it constantly helps illegals with that tax money i paid out for 18 yrs. The government and the illigals dont deserve a dime from me anymore. Plus, anyone that thinks social security is going to be around still in 30 yrs, keep dreaming...as far as the mortgage goes, it was done through my wife cause of her job as an administrator in the school district, not that its anyone's business. And news flash guys, ANYONE on here that sells and doesnt report it on their taxes is technically committing tax evasion so please enough of the judgemental . Starting to wonder how old are the ones im really dealing with on here. So can we please get back to the frikin book.

Sorry, i was working so i couldnt come on the page. You have questions, i can answer them. And yes i am new to the boards but im also still trying to figure this site out. If people have questions, feel free to text me. 630-461-2552...yes im putting my number out there. The stupid comments are getting old.

I thought you didnt have a job.......

If you know anything about chicago and poker, then u know theres a lot of underground poker games. They need dealers for those. I do that a couple times a week...again, not that its anyone's business

This is the best place to buy and sell comics on the whole of the internets. It is also a social and knowledgeable site.

Simply, the rules may be cloudy for a new member, but they are solid. References Matter. No Paypal is a no-starter for lots of us. Perhaps your wife could assist?

Good luck with your sale, and as a last bit of advice, put the shoe on the other foot here and evaluate the situation.

Dan

My take, (not that anyone cares...), is the guy most likely has the book and perhaps he went about it the wrong way in selling here for the first time, but he's definitely getting smacked around a little for nothing more than suspicion and speculation. Probably the best course of action at this point is for the OP to do what most legit new sellers do that have no one to vouch. Offer to sell the book COD via paypal. I don't see any other positive course for this sales thread to take...

Oh no Dan, i understand the situation and have put the shoe on the other foot. The issue im having is people attacking me as a person. Anyone who comes on here says the listed perfectly their first time is full of it. The thing i actually got a laugh from all this is the people attacked me for not paying taxes. Every single person that sells collectables...whether it be comics, sports cards, hot wheels etc., and doesnt own a business doing it, by not reporting it, they themselves are doing tax evasion. The taxes on collectables is called capital gain tax which is 28%. But im positive most on here are paying that right? lol now as i stated earlier, i would like to just get back to the book

And news flash guys, ANYONE on here that sells and doesnt report it on their taxes is technically committing tax evasion so please enough of the judgemental . Starting to wonder how old are the ones im really dealing with on here. So can we please get back to the frikin book.

We've actually had discussions about that, and Paypal does report sales for tax purposes.

Can anyone find a picture of this guy? I want to see how banjo this dude is!

Oh no Dan, i understand the situation and have put the shoe on the other foot. The issue im having is people attacking me as a person. Anyone who comes on here says the listed perfectly their first time is full of it. The thing i actually got a laugh from all this is the people attacked me for not paying taxes. Every single person that sells collectables...whether it be comics, sports cards, hot wheels etc., and doesnt own a business doing it, by not reporting it, they themselves are doing tax evasion. The taxes on collectables is called capital gain tax which is 28%. But im positive most on here are paying that right? lol now as i stated earlier, i would like to just get back to the book

Professional poker player, AND part time tax attorney? How do you even have time to go to cons?

Paypal reports it but again, do u guys pay them? I would say 90% is a no and that may be low balling that number. Plus if u guys have had that discussion before, im assuming its because of that exact reason...that none of you were paying them. So again, back to the book.

I don't see any other positive course for this sales thread to take...

I disagree.

This thread should have a link posted in the 'Guidelines' along with the heading of 'How not to sell' :makepoint:

Ninod77, listen. You effed up. You didn't do your due diligence as to the what and how of selling on this site. Then you're combative, and quite frankly, your reasoning doesn't make sense. No one is going to buy a book at that price point with so little information, and no Paypal. Too risky.

Your only choice is a mea culpa, join the community, let people get to know you, and you them, and see if this site is for you.

Otherwise, chalk it up to lessons learned, and move on. Would be best for all.