• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AVENGERS 57 CGC 8.0...ONLY KNOWN DOUBLE COVER GRADED FOR SALE.

198 posts in this topic

First of all chisox fan, i didnt call anyone stupid, i said im use to stupid stuff. If your going to attack me for something, at least attack me for something i actually said. And no, people wernt asking questions, people jumped on me immediately. And im still trying to be nice but it has become pretty clear that its ok for people to be a-holes to new people here. I dont have time to sit on chat boards all day so no, i didnt get a chance to introduce myself to anyone. Me and my wife just got a new house and i was trying to sell this fast to suprise her with something she wanted for the house but we couldnt afford right now since we just put a huge downpayment on this house so no, i didnt have time to search through the site and unfortunately that was a mistake by me but if you think for one second im going to sit here and let people attack me and not respond, think again. So, again, if people want to ask me questions im more than willing to answer them,.

Again, if you had bothered to at least due the minimal amount of research into this site and how it operates -- particularly the selling forum -- you would know that the number of first-time posters with huge books to sell right out of the gate are 95% of the time (that might actually be an optimistic number) scammers. And their M.O. is pretty much exactly how you've tried to sell your book here so far, so to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're not one, you've unfortunately then picked the exact wrong way to go about selling anything of value here. But again, the underlying message here is that you jumped right in without bothering to even read the clearly posted rules for selling in the forum (which your thread is still violating by now having no return policy or shipping method posted). People who've been here and gone through one after another of people who are looking for a cheaper alternative to eBay but who can't do even the minimum amount of diligence are going to be quick to call the next one in line out. That's why your thread has the responses it has -- and that's why almost every serious buyer here -- the one's who might actually pull the trigger on a $2000 book -- are going to quickly dismiss you at this point. But what do I know -- I've only watched the same thing happen over and over for seven years. (shrug)

You're brand new here to this community. No one knows you. You put up a high priced book with an inaccurate, misleading title and want cash. This isn't Craigslist. People spend a lot of time here and care about this place.

If you're going to be confrontational, people will treat your sales thread as the latest Friday thread and litter it with gifs and memes until it's eventually locked and/or poofed.

For all people know, you could be a shill or a scammer. Pump the breaks, learn how this place works and assimilate a bit or good luck making a dollar here.

I understand your point chisoxfan so i will go back and put in the shipping. Still also trying to figure out how to put a pic up cause its not working. And i do understand that there will be scammers. U cant avoid those no matter what site u go to unfortunately.

Avengers #57 with double covers from a recent lot purchase on E-bay!

Every once and awhile you can get really great deals looking for deals on E-bay. A couple months ago I purchased a Silver Age Lot of about 40 really beat up comics. They were advertised as such and the pictures that were attached confirmed it! Out of the lot though I noticed a copy of Sub-mariner #1 and Avenger #57 (1st Vision App.). There were a couple of other nice books that for the price would be great to have as readers. So even though I had read most or still have high grade copies I just couldn't pass up bidding on the lot.

Ok, I win the lot they arrive and I said to myself, that was a bad purchase :( Most of the books were even worst than the pictures showed in the listing but it's hard to tell sometime.

I couldn't complain the price was still fair, however this past weekend while going though some of the books I noticed that the copy of the Avengers #57 felt a little thicker than it should have. Did I not check it out when I first got it? I think not, I was disappointed that it was actually in the shape as advertised and just tossed it into a box. Well this copy had received 2 covers during production, so even though the exterior cover was a complete mess, the interior cover was very nice. So nice that I now plan to send it to Matt Nelson for pressing and then get an autograph by Stan.

I'm hoping it presses out to a 6.0 or better on the interior cover the exterior the best I can hope for is a 4.0 and I will keep everyone posted on the books journey through each process. See attached pic!

13800.JPG

See more journals by Dre

What a gold digger's find! This is better than I got SSWS #84 mixed with 8 War Comics (all are readers but SSWS #84) for only $2.99.

So, again, if people want to ask me questions im more than willing to answer them,.

I've asked three times for any sort of references. You've not replied to any.

If your user name is typical, then 77 is your birth year, which means you're only a couple of years younger than me, and it means you've probably been online for nearly 20 years unless you are amish. Do you have any online presence that can help show you're a legit guy who does legit transactions?

most new people, who try to sell before developing a reputation her just post their eBay ID to let people see their feedback and sale/purchase history.

Can you share your eBay ID? Any Chicago dealers know you well enough to vouch for you (just drop a name, there are enough people here on the boards that know the other dealers that it's an easy thing to show)? Any other message boards that you do transactions on?

Again, any sort of references? Or Does Bomberbob need to up his life insurance plan?

I understand your point chisoxfan so i will go back and put in the shipping. Still also trying to figure out how to put a pic up cause its not working. And i do understand that there will be scammers. U cant avoid those no matter what site u go to unfortunately.

You need an image hosting site. To put a pic up open up a free photobucket account. Upload images from your computer to photobucket. Once you've uploaded your images you'll find image code below that you can post into this thread.

It's natural for us to be suspicious about your sales thread. New poster, zero track record - if you have an ebay id it wouldn't hurt to post it here, fairly big value book, and you haven't read the sales forum rules.

Doesn't mean that you're a scammer but there's good reason for boardies to be skeptical. Silly gifs and negative comments are purely an indication of our concern. Keep smiling, answer reasonable questions, learn the selling rules and be patient. This is a great community of collectors and it's well worth hanging out here and buying and selling here.