• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Persistent Ebayer wants to deal privately

1,072 posts in this topic

SO I'm crafting away, and a Aussie voice pipes up, sounded early 20ish and is asking people if they could make level 1 to 10 runes for a full set of armor. Willing to pay 10k gold.

Never trust an Aussie clad in armour with a fist full of gold.

We call them "bushrangers".

Dd56j3J.png

SO I'm crafting away, and a Aussie voice pipes up, sounded early 20ish and is asking people if they could make level 1 to 10 runes for a full set of armor. Willing to pay 10k gold.

Dd56j3J.png

That's the nickname I gave my...

Nah, Nevermind.

Dd56j3J.png

Ned Kelly?

I watched that movie.

My internet was running really slow for some reason this morning, and this thread was the only thing that would load quickly. Thank you all for dozens of pages of entertainment.

Now if only it'll be as much fun to read when I get home from work. Somebody needs to dig up some more stuff...

One thing this thread shows is that, as with most areas of life although especially in a hobby like this, how important trust is. And how fiercely communities like this protect each other from potential threats. It's good to know. :cool:

It's a great feature of this place.

Unless you are the one person who believes that self policing and outing scammers and shills is just mob mentality :eyeroll:

Okay, I'm confused and have some questions.

Why are the posting styles of Vger7 and SAGAT obviously different? Sure, an intelligent person could change their posting style to avoid detection... but we're talking about SAGAT here. (shrug)

It seems that Vger7's name is Charlie Kim. Is SAGAT's name Charlie Kim? Seriously, someone must know. Where's Twistty1 when you need him?

Is rave505@aim.com Vger7's email that SAGAT posted for him one time or SAGAT's email? There's a different email in SAGAT's profile.

Is this thread real?

Or is it fantasy ?

I'm just a poor boy...

(We skipped a part ?)

Anyway...

"...I need no sympathy. Because I'm easy come easy go. A little high little low."

Why are the posting styles of Vger7 and SAGAT obviously different? Sure, an intelligent person could change their posting style to avoid detection... but we're talking about SAGAT here. (shrug)

It seems that Vger7's name is Charlie Kim. Is SAGAT's name Charlie Kim? Seriously, someone must know. Where's Twistty1 when you need him?

Is rave505@aim.com Vger7's email that SAGAT posted for him one time or SAGAT's email? There's a different email in SAGAT's profile.

Think the general consensus is they are one and the same, although he may not be aware. Like raising Cain or Sybil.

The posting style is different because we are different people. Could a person change their posting style and maintain consistency if that's not who they are?

Yes... some one knows and he sits quietly reading and watching. I'm not asking him to take my side but he knows I'm not sagat and a simple confirmation could have ended this nonsense last night. But, I'm not a corporation. Maybe if I had some policy that he could stand on he would have done the right thing. But if we learned anything from this thread is that some people don't how to do the right thing unless it's written out by some corporate lawyer.

The real joke is, these people are simply trying to appear ethical for the sake of their reputation on this board... so that they can continue buy and sell comics. Instead of being able to see the big picture, their whole sense of morality hinges on whether people follow through on a deal or not. What a farce.

The posting style is different because we are different people. Could a person change their posting style and maintain consistency if that's not who they are?

Yes... some one knows and he sits quietly reading and watching. I'm not asking him to take my side but he knows I'm not sagat and a simple confirmation could have ended this nonsense last night. But, I'm not a corporation. Maybe if a had some policy that he could stand on he would have done the right thing. But if we learned anything from this thread is that some people don't how to do the right thing unless it's written out by some corporate lawyer.

The real joke is, these people are simply trying to appear ethical for the sake of their reputation on this board... so that they can continue buy and sell comics. Instead of being able to see the big picture, their whole sense of morality hinges on whether people follow through on a deal or not. What a farce.

If someone can confirm that you and Sagat are not the same person, I am imploring that person to come forward.