• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay The eBay Official eBay Thread eBay
33 33

4,172 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2024 at 2:58 PM, minutekev@50 said:

How I received a Conan 1 this morning off the Bay...just a sleeve, no cushion, no cardboard...

mid grade copy, which I knew bidding on, but it could have been much worse by the time it got to me thanks to the poor packaging. It's amazing in this day and age how many people who sell comics don't know how to ship them.

IMG_1.jpg

Who was the seller?

On 2/14/2024 at 3:01 PM, Pontoon said:

Who was the seller?

Waldorf729....looks like seller mostly sells sports cards, but does have a few comics (six or so) currently listed...could be an 'honestly, I don't know how to ship comics' mistake...but GOOGLE is always your friend when it comes to stuff like this I say

Edited by minutekev@50

Quick question for those who have had Ebay stores - is there a benefit to them aside from the extra free listings? I set one up this month to try it out and see if the savings in fees made it worthwhile, and discovered that there were no savings in fees at all for comics. The overview of benefits when you check the details before signing up seems intentionally vague so I was expecting some saving there, but nada. 

On 2/18/2024 at 8:13 AM, Stefan_W said:

Quick question for those who have had Ebay stores - is there a benefit to them aside from the extra free listings? I set one up this month to try it out and see if the savings in fees made it worthwhile, and discovered that there were no savings in fees at all for comics. The overview of benefits when you check the details before signing up seems intentionally vague so I was expecting some saving there, but nada. 

I have over 3,200 listings that renew every month (over 2,000 of them are comics). Last month I was only charged the 25-cent listing fee for 83 of them. I have the $27.95/month store subscription.

Big savings depending on the volume you have listed and how you list them.

Edited by Chip Cataldo

On 2/18/2024 at 9:59 AM, Chip Cataldo said:

I have over 3,200 listings that renew every month (over 2,000 of them are comics). Last month I was only charged the 25-cent listing fee for 83 of them. I have the $27.95/month store subscription.

Big savings depending on the volume you have listed and how you list them.

Right, I mentioned in my question that the extra listings were nice. Are there any other benefits for selling comics you are aware of?

On 2/18/2024 at 10:13 AM, Stefan_W said:

Right, I mentioned in my question that the extra listings were nice. Are there any other benefits for selling comics you are aware of?

The only other benefits I can think of don't have to do with having a store (I think...not quite sure). 

They are : putting in a 1-day shipping/handling time (you get 10% off final value fees) and being a top-rated seller (10% off shipping fees when you print labels through eBay).

On 2/14/2024 at 3:33 PM, minutekev@50 said:

Waldorf729....looks like seller mostly sells sports cards, but does have a few comics (six or so) currently listed...could be an 'honestly, I don't know how to ship comics' mistake...but GOOGLE is always your friend when it comes to stuff like this I say

Anyone who sells collectibles should know you take care in shipping these items. My guess is that this seller could be a product of the pandemic. 

Be careful out there. Nowhere in the title or description does the seller note this is the facsimile. The barcode is conveniently blurry as well. Surprised they didn’t use different lighting to make the red marvel logo look not so red.

Ultimate Fallout: Spider-Man No More #4

On 2/29/2024 at 3:48 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Be careful out there. Nowhere in the title or description does the seller note this is the facsimile. The barcode is conveniently blurry as well. Surprised they didn’t use different lighting to make the red marvel logo look not so red.

Ultimate Fallout: Spider-Man No More #4

Publication year of 2022 in item specifics but some don't look at all details. Shady Acres sales distribution nonetheless lol 

On 2/29/2024 at 4:24 PM, AbsoluteCarnage said:

Publication year of 2022 in item specifics but some don't look at all details. Shady Acres sales distribution nonetheless lol 

Either way it’s wrong lol The facsimile was released in 2021. But yeah, a lot of times I find the eBay generated item specifics are wrong, so I just ignore them altogether and look at the listing carefully and inspect the book as much as I can. 

What is really shady is how the seller states “Up for auction is an unopened copy of Ultimate Fallout: Spider-Man No More #4.” The “unopened” statement would signal that this is the original polybagged edition. Shady Acres AF 

Edited by awakeintheashes

So I sent an offer a few days ago, but never got a response from the seller. I figured maybe I did something wrong and he never received the message, so I sent it again and I got this message. Does this mean I was blocked? I have no idea how you block a person ... never do it. I'm pretty sure I didn't offend him ... my offer was roughly 80% (and all the listings were OBO).

ebay.jpg

On 3/8/2024 at 3:59 PM, Gaard said:

So I sent an offer a few days ago, but never got a response from the seller. I figured maybe I did something wrong and he never received the message, so I sent it again and I got this message. Does this mean I was blocked? I have no idea how you block a person ... never do it. I'm pretty sure I didn't offend him ... my offer was roughly 80% (and all the listings were OBO).

ebay.jpg

It means the algorithm caught something that is in the list of offensive language. My guess is "Pyscho" from the second of the books you are trying to get, but it could be "Sexy" as well. Heck, every "Layeau" could trigger that if it is a swear in another language.  

On 3/8/2024 at 4:02 PM, Stefan_W said:

It means the algorithm caught something that is in the list of offensive language. My guess is "Pyscho" from the second of the books you are trying to get, but it could be "Sexy" as well. Heck, every "Layeau" could trigger that if it is a swear in another language.  

Yep, you were right. I put a space between the letters of the 3 words you suspected might be the culprit and it went right thru. Thanks.

Anyone else having issues with eBay the past few days?

I'll look up a comic then go to SOLD and it will say 0 items found. I then switch to COMPLETED and see a mix of sold and unsold items.

Now, depending on what I look up, even the COMPLETED filter doesn't work properly.

Example: American Splendor 1

0 completed listings

image.thumb.png.a1168639c714ea557c8eb3c11579010e.png

Then switch to Terapeak:

image.thumb.png.1098d328ed404fd44671b7db35e24949.png