• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

I have been greatly, immensely disapppointed with the vast majority of all DC movies.  I JUST might see this in the theatre, if only for Batfleck.  This is the last chance though.  If this doesn't pan out, it'll be downloaded home watching DC movies from then on.

The real title of this movie should be called Batman : Flashpoint, the way they are advertising it.   Or maybe just come right out with it, Batman : No Way Home.

I know it's  not, but they are clearly painting it as a Batman movie almost more than a Flash movie.  Especially, when the rumor is Keaton's Batman has maybe 10 or 15 minutes of screen time.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:24 AM, drotto said:

The real title of this movie should be called Batman : Flashpoint, the way they are advertising it.   Or maybe just come right out with it, Batman : No Way Home.

I know it's  not, but they are clearly painting it as a Batman movie almost more than a Flash movie.  Especially, when the rumor is Keaton's Batman has maybe 10 or 15 minutes of screen time.

I watched the trailer a few times.

Keaton's Batman doesn't appear until 1:34 with a 2:56 run time. Not sure how Keaton is the main focus was determined from that trailer.

But if a grumble can be found, some will find it. Not saying that is you.

:angel:

On 2/14/2023 at 11:34 AM, Bosco685 said:

I watched the trailer a few times.

Keaton's Batman doesn't appear until 1:34 with a 2:56 run time. Not sure how Keaton is the main focus was determined from that trailer.

But if a grumble can be found, some will find it. Not saying that is you.

:angel:

Just comes across that way, with the repeated shots of Affleck's Batman also. Trailer made it seem like it was equally a Batman and Flash film.  Not a pure Flash film, and the Easter Eggs are clearly targeted at Batman nostalgia, and fans. Not saying they buried Ezra, he had many focused scenes, but they did somewhat minimize him when you consider this is supposed to be a Flash movie. 

On 2/14/2023 at 11:43 AM, drotto said:

Trailer made it seem like it was equally a Batman and Flash film.

Gonna wholeheartedly disagree here. In a trailer that features 2 Batmen, Supergirl, and multiple universes it still feels like a Flash-focused event.

Spoiler

They didn't even spoil Dark Flash in it!

The trailer definitely pulls nostalgia from Batman, and Man of Steel, though not enough for me to say that it distracts from the main character.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 2/14/2023 at 8:24 AM, drotto said:

The merchandising would agree with you. 

The DC Store dropped branded items tied to the movie

01_The_Flash_Hat.JPG.f87e910a815c992ac877793fa61f533e.JPG

01_The_Flash_Mug.JPG.34e56c0912ce679488f7928fae9db79b.JPG

On 2/12/2023 at 12:20 PM, Bill C said:

I'd say the whole grooming kids thing probably offends a lot of sane people also, and reasonably so

Yup. I am likely not going to see the movie as a result of it even though I am more of a DC fanboy than Marvel Fanboy. No need to support a POS human being like that.

Which is too bad as the trailer looks good.

Edited by kimik

What is the box office for this?  I mean the trailer was decent, but it seems like it has a few massive hurdles to overcome. 

1. Ezra has had about the worst press you could have without killing someone. I truly doubt he will ever play Flash again

2. It could be seen as the last film in a dead universe.  I know it is being used as the reboot film.

3. Despite our disagreements on the focus of the trailer.  This feels like a Snyder verse movie.  Some may like that, some may see that as a waste.

4. There will be no direct sequel.

My best guess is around $700 million.

On 2/14/2023 at 10:33 AM, drotto said:

What is the box office for this?  I mean the trailer was decent, but it seems like it has a few massive hurdles to overcome. 

1. Ezra has had about the worst press you could have without killing someone. I truly doubt he will ever play Flash again

2. It could be seen as the last film in a dead universe.  I know it is being used as the reboot film.

3. Despite our disagreements on the focus of the trailer.  This feels like a Snyder verse movie.  Some may like that, some may see that as a waste.

4. There will be no direct sequel.

My best guess is around $700 million.

It is a DC film so that may be optimistic...........

On 2/14/2023 at 10:43 AM, drotto said:

Trying to be a little optimistic. Think Shazam 2 will be around $400, and Aquaman around $650, for what it is worth.

I am thinking Aquaman goes higher than this film due to the Wan factor. He knows how to make movies that people watch en masse. Gunn is more of a niche market guy. Just like Reeves with The emo Batman. I understand that WB likes those types, but they do not necessarily generate $$$.

And if I am on the WBD Board or on their Exec Team, it is truly all about the Benjamins instead of the artistic merit of a film/film universe. 

Edited by kimik

What I wouldn't have given for a 2009-2015-era Flash solo film directed by Chris Nolan or Joe Carnahan, starring Ryan Reynolds as Wally West - and modeled after the first Iron Man movie.

As in...

• Origin story and explanation of the Speed Force
  • Early adventure scene where he stops a gang of villains robbing a bank (Boomerang, Captain Cold, etc.) - basically, lift it directly from Flash Annual 5 - the one with the Travis Charest art.
  • Introduce Eobard Thawne as the Big Bad / Reverse Flash. Have him murder a few people in truly frightening ways a la the Purple Man in Jessica Jones Season 1.
  • Flash v. Reverse Flash climax.
  • Post-credits that introduces Gorilla Grodd.

Short (100 minutes), simple (no world-threatening aliens, sky beams, time travel, etc.)

And minimal tie-ins (if any) to the rest of the Justice League.

Just lay the foundation, a la the early solo Marvel films. The art is in the telling - a tight -script by an established voice.

‘The Flash’ Was the Most-Watched Trailer of the Super Bowl Ahead of ‘Guardians of The Galaxy’ and ‘Fast X’

“The Flash” was the top ad in the game among all advertisers and was the top performing theatrical ad during the Super Bowl since 2018, according to EDO. Additionally, “The Flash” was the top ad in the game among all advertisers and was the top performing theatrical ad during the Super Bowl since 2018.

#TheFlashMovie trended globally in both breadth (number of trending terms: from Michael Keaton to Supergirl) and duration above every other movie, ahead of “Guardians of The Galaxy” and “Fast X,” according to ListenFirst.

The success of “The Flash” trailer compared to its competition could be attributed to Warner Bros.’ decision to release it online prior to kickoff, giving it a runway in which it was the top trending topic online before the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles took the field. Universal, by contrast, released the “Fast X” trailer days prior to the game while Disney’s trailer for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” was released online during the game, when more people were focused on the football.

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/14/2023 at 2:27 PM, Gatsby77 said:

What I wouldn't have given for a 2009-2015-era Flash solo film directed by Chris Nolan or Joe Carnahan, starring Ryan Reynolds as Wally West - and modeled after the first Iron Man movie.

As in...

• Origin story and explanation of the Speed Force
  • Early adventure scene where he stops a gang of villains robbing a bank (Boomerang, Captain Cold, etc.) - basically, lift it directly from Flash Annual 5 - the one with the Travis Charest art.
  • Introduce Eobard Thawne as the Big Bad / Reverse Flash. Have him murder a few people in truly frightening ways a la the Purple Man in Jessica Jones Season 1.
  • Flash v. Reverse Flash climax.
  • Post-credits that introduces Gorilla Grodd.

Short (100 minutes), simple (no world-threatening aliens, sky beams, time travel, etc.)

And minimal tie-ins (if any) to the rest of the Justice League.

Just lay the foundation, a la the early solo Marvel films. The art is in the telling - a tight --script by an established voice.

You could be bringing the same forum movie critic juju you brought to Venom, Joker and Avatar 2.

:violin:

On 2/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, Bosco685 said:

You could be bringing the same forum movie critic juju you brought to Venom, Joker and Avatar 2.

:violin:

?

We've been waiting for a Flash film since 2016 (you know, when this thread started).

I didn't know what I was expecting when a full trailer was released, but it...wasn't that.

With that trailer drop, are you honestly excited for this film? Seriously?

Looks like more of the same Snyderverse aesthetic (:sick:) and a multiverse / time travel / wannabe JLA film.

On 2/14/2023 at 4:57 PM, Gatsby77 said:

?

We've been waiting for a Flash film since 2016 (you know, when this thread started).

I didn't know what I was expecting when a full trailer was released, but it...wasn't that.

With that trailer drop, are you honestly excited for this film? Seriously?

Looks like more of the same Snyderverse aesthetic (:sick:) and a multiverse / time travel / wannabe JLA film.

Keep going

:wishluck: