• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 2/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

love they used the old batman theme in the scene with batman jumping down

and everyone giving Gunn props here. This movie was made way before he was handed the reigns. some changes were made but those involved removing aquaman and wonder woman

so let's not start giving him credit when he hasn't done a damn thing

I saw some of the reaction videos where folks were say, "Thank you James Gunn!" Like he had set this all up years ago.

:facepalm:

I looked up the answer to my own question.  "We're figuring it out..."

https://movieweb.com/supergirl-sasha-calle-future-figuring-it-out/

I suppose they could be waiting to see how this actress gets received in the Flash before making a final decision.  Or, they might very well know already, but don't want to say she's out before the movie even opens, because that might leave a bad taste in some people's mouths.

On 2/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, jsilverjanet said:

love they used the old batman theme in the scene with batman jumping down

and everyone giving Gunn props here. This movie was made way before he was handed the reigns. some changes were made but those involved removing aquaman and wonder woman

so let's not start giving him credit when he hasn't done a damn thing

Any idea why Aquaman & WW removed?  And I thought I read somewhere that Cavill filmed a cameo for this around the same time as Black Adam, but his was also cut.  Any truth to that?

Can't imagine why they would be ok to keep Affleck in the film, but go out of their way to delete the others (esp. Momoa's Aquaman, who seems to be part of the going-forward plans-- at least near term).

???

On 2/13/2023 at 3:00 PM, The Commissioner said:

I wish there was more consistency with DC movies (as many of you have pointed out above). But after watching the trailer, this movie actually looks pretty good. You can never have enough Batman IMO.

I agree. Consistency is the whole point of Gunn's reboot.  It does look really good though and if it does a good job explaining the transition from the DCEU then the timing couldn't be better. 

On 2/13/2023 at 4:04 PM, Broke as a Joke said:

So I take it Flash couldn't carry his own movie so they just added as much Batman as possible.  Whatever works...

Exactly, I see this trailer as them pushing Keaton Batman so hard because they are afraid Miller is just so much damaged goods.

Also just as an FYI, my sister (who is not a comic book person but does watch most, not all, but most of the films) just asked my why DC copied the last Spiderman movie.

I laughed, because to the "lay person" I'm sure it looks like that.  I guess that is what happens when you announce a movie then take like a decade to get it to the theaters.

So I take it Flash couldn't carry his own movie so they just added as much Batman as possible.  Whatever works...

On 2/13/2023 at 4:18 PM, media_junkie said:

Exactly, I see this trailer as them pushing Keaton Batman so hard because they are afraid Miller is just so much damaged goods.

I think what it comes down to is Batman played a key part of the Flashpoint story. Which is why even in the animated movie, we had Thomas Wayne as a different form of the Batman story.

Not that I meant to disrupt anyone's questioning of the movie influences. :cheers:

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/13/2023 at 4:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

I think what it comes down to is Batman played a key part of the Flashpoint story. Which is why even in the animated movie, we had Thomas Wayne as a different form of the Batman story.

Not that I meant to disrupt anyone's questioning of the movie influences. :cheers:

Yes, I am aware that Batman was a big part of Flashpoint, I still think they are trying to distract us from "Flash" in a Flash movie.

This.

I want to see a Flash movie.

This looks like a Justice League movie, with (at least) two Flashes, two Batmen, and Supergirl.

On 2/14/2023 at 7:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

It was dumb to remove Superman, Wonder Woman, and Aquaman from this. Partially, because it'd be amazing to see even just a glimpse of Atlantis vs Themyscira.

The trailer looks damn good, though.

And even Cyborg. Though at that time the hurdle was the WB Studios leadership.

But seeing Shannon, True, Affleck, Keaton in what appears to be the wrap-up of the DCEU story for now does look intense. I was not expecting that.

On 2/13/2023 at 6:56 PM, D84 said:

batmanforeversmile-1280720-1623874636654-1646197820469.thumb.jpg.848c4664a4ffbfd91c63350920625035.jpg

01_The_Batman.thumb.jpg.1dbf5eebb3a7f688594def001001ce6b.jpg.d9610d12b27a0225bc35b329d4f96a37.jpg

I sense a lot of memes coming.

I am actually very enthusiastic with this movie but you’re right…

The meme levels are high. I wonder if that’s deliberate, because there’s no way they wouldn’t think that a head on shot of him in the cowl wouldn’t look silly. It looks silly from  this…