• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,451 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Hasbro's planning on doing a Fantastic Four wave apparently, this time in the blue and white uniforms. It's not clear whether it's a wave or a Retro Collection to go with Doom. 

People have dug up from retailer listings that it's a retro collection with no BAF.  There are rumors that it's the four in the Byrne Negative Zone blue and white costumes plus Psycho-Man and High Evolutionary:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-28898

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

People have dug up from retailer listings that it's a retro collection with no BAF.  There are rumors that it's the four in the Byrne Negative Zone blue and white costumes plus Psycho-Man and High Evolutionary:

https://marvelousnews.com/252-28898

Nice! Although don't tell Byrne his costumes were blue and white, he'll crack it at you, and insist his were black and white, and it was later insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that made them blue and white. 

I hope Reed gets his Animated toy harness, that was actually kinda neat, and comics accurate. 

7 hours ago, Namtak said:

Annother great list!

6cce087277e711a143d134c24fe14364.jpg

I have done #4, did something like # 6 recently when I went into CVC and the alarms went off I got it in my head that it would be a good idea go get down on my knees and put my hands in back of my head as if I was about to be arrested.  Store managers ran over.  

I did #10 with my parents.  I was driving to the store near them and saw them in the distance as they were on a walk to get some exercise.  I queued up Rocky and pulled up along side them blasting it out the windows.  They started jogging.  Yes I filmed it too lol.

Edited by Buzzetta

8 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Nice! Although don't tell Byrne his costumes were blue and white, he'll crack it at you, and insist his were black and white, and it was later insufficiently_thoughtful_persons that made them blue and white. 

Maybe that was his intent, but when you're using black outlines as comics do to render your subjects coloring their outfits a deep black wasn't really possible so they would use some similar dark color instead.  I've heard him claim he wanted them to be black, but don't think I ever understood why he would do that anyway.  Below is the panel from FF #256 where the team returns from the Negative Zone to find their costumes have "become negative," whatever that means.  Their classic collars were black and the rest blue, so I get the black collars flipping to white--but why would blue flip to black?  The opposite of blue on the color spectrum isn't blue, it's yellow. You can't really tell what Byrne's intent as communicated to the colorist was in the panels below...maybe black with a bluish sheen?  No idea.

Maybe his idea was that the Negative Zone saps ALL color and that's why he didn't go yellow.  OK, but blue still wouldn't convert to black, it would be some shade of grey.  So I really don't understand what he was going for, he didn't have Reed clarify it in the panels, and from his complaining I guess future artists didn't understand his intent, either.  (shrug)

gBWW2_zeC-4yOInMQef-sffJ5jgvI9hj7M9MRuT_

Or, OR, how about a 3rd option: Byrne's just a grumpy old not worth listening to. (shrug)

But yeah, I always saw them as blue and white too. If he wants to insist they're black and white, fine. I'll give him no credit for the FF's greatest uniforms. To me the greatest artist to render them was Paul Ryan, that's who I think of when I picture them. He had a long run with them, and I hope these figures are based on his art. 

On 7/1/2021 at 12:35 PM, Buzzetta said:

This list is going around as per what Hasbro is doing with Transformers for the next year and a half.  

This could be accurate or it could be for entertainment purposes but ... it does make sense given the continuation of certain figures and the movie announcement. 

208619752_4788204544528189_9219831466088628538_n.jpg

208595266_4788204661194844_1905064378700571546_n.jpg

208325473_4788204641194846_8219465145675057780_n.jpg

209158257_4788204551194855_3905219638116898170_n.jpg

Revealed today... which was on the list as a Select Galvatron exclusive as was the Jurassic Park set.  

image.thumb.png.542713104111f84b820047cfd310ccc1.png

image.thumb.png.e5617fe94c3ada08c9b181759a1a6955.png

Lego Double Points ... looks like it will start on 7/12

The latest LEGO newsletter that was sent out today revealed that we will be getting double VIP points on the LEGO Shop next week. For one week (7/12 – 7/18), you will be able to earn double points on everything you purchase including pre-order items.   This is always good for sets that never see discounts like the modular sets and the more geared toward adults big sets like the Bugle or The Falcon. 

Filoni officially gets a Hasbro Pulse Exclusive action figure.  Pictured but not yet available for preorder. 

https://hasbropulse.com/products/star-wars-the-black-series-trapper-wolf

image.thumb.png.3f97afbb6f2567ed9bcad9f86e7e610e.png

image.thumb.png.a85c58bbdc8016921a5ad9ad4fdbe030.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Cantina Showdown - $105 

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/new/products/star-wars-the-black-series-the-power-of-the-force-cantina-showdown

Black Series with the Cantina Bar

To be honest, I think the pack in with Kenobi is odd.  They should have packed in the bartender as I cannot see him being offered separately. 

image.thumb.png.6577a493f3dbff8243e8f65f5c66f159.png