• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,356 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Upcoming mezco One 1:12 Collective Fantastic Four. I've already given in and preordered this. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/167328

I don't always like Mezco's updates to characters, but thank goodness for the FF it's just a nice, classic team. 

I pre-ordered as well.  I'm not a fan of most Mezco cloth goods, and the uniforms on these look somewhat like sweaters, but the Thing looks spectacular, and the accessories are incredible.  Mr. Fantastic's stretchy swappable parts look hella fun too, I wish Hasbro would do that same thing with an upcoming Legends release of Reed.

2 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I pre-ordered as well.  I'm not a fan of most Mezco cloth goods, and the uniforms on these look somewhat like sweaters, but the Thing looks spectacular, and the accessories are incredible.  Mr. Fantastic's stretchy swappable parts look hella fun too, I wish Hasbro would do that same thing with an upcoming Legends release of Reed.

Their recent Dr Fate was my first Mezco 1:12 Collective, and it's pretty great, so if it's that good (and the 4 look waaaaay better) I'll be satisfied. 

Ugh... Yes, I would have spent $60 to preorder that set on Amazon to get that amazing version of Captain Rex.  Get Rex and sell the others to offset the cost.  :( Cannot wait for it to come back in stock. 

81JcaJ8aYsS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71C7QYVvDzS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta

2 hours ago, srezvan said:

It's getting harder and harder to find anything nowadays. These are my only significant toy purchases in months, if not a year. Both of these were local purchases, and I hope to be getting more Joes soon. About half of the Star Wars figures are complete. I made sure to take the figure trays out of the figure case (it needs to be cleaned, anyway), and found more weapons under the trays, which was a nice surprise. The Joes are nice, but some of the paint has rubbed off the Cobra logos. But, 4 complete figures, 2 drivers, and the Twins, so I'm happy.

20210615_173949.jpg

20210616_065624.jpg

#1 thing I hear from all of us long time buyers/collectors = There is nothing to buy in the wild anymore (super rare).

No worries on the HISS driver.  He is almost always missing that logo.  Must have been a terrible application.  The one I sold in the collection I picked up was nearly identical.  

I actually like seeing the extra accessories.  Tells me what the original had (or still does and didn't sell).  Looks like a couple Battle Pack items, later Snake Eyes sword, maybe a Crimson Guard gun, etc. 

Patrick

1 minute ago, followtheleader said:

#1 thing I hear from all of us long time buyers/collectors = There is nothing to buy in the wild anymore (super rare).

No worries on the HISS driver.  He is almost always missing that logo.  Must have been a terrible application.  The one I sold in the collection I picked up was nearly identical.  

I actually like seeing the extra accessories.  Tells me what the original had (or still does and didn't sell).  Looks like a couple Battle Pack items, later Snake Eyes sword, maybe a Crimson Guard gun, etc. 

Patrick

The only one I don't know is the gun with a base/pole. Some vehicle,  I think. I bought the Joes from a local collector,  so there is more coming later to compete my vehicles and figures. 

6 minutes ago, srezvan said:

The only one I don't know is the gun with a base/pole. Some vehicle,  I think. I bought the Joes from a local collector,  so there is more coming later to compete my vehicles and figures. 

Light gray in the middle? 

Pretty sure it's a vehicle.  Once confirmed, I can figure it out. 

Patrick

Hey guys. Not my usual area in here, but picked up a GI Joe collection from the mid-80s. Bunch of vehicles. Did my due diligence, figured what goes with what(to the best of my abilities) and found out what was missing/broken/repaired. Looking to sell everything. I know this isn't the buy/sell area, so won't make a sell post here, just wanted to let you guys know, that I'll probably do one in the misc sales area. Here's a list of what I have. Unless noted, in excellent shape and complete. I also cleaned everything. Most have all original decals. Only thing not on here is a Crossfire. Complete except the flag on the antenna. Works perfectly.

ASP - PYTHON PATROL  
COBRA F.A.N.G. MISSING (1) MISSLE AND RED ROLL CAGE
COBRA H.I.S.S.  
COBRA HYDRO-SLED  
COBRA NIGHT RAVEN S³P MISSING PILOT, (4) MISSLES AND (1) MISSLE POD. FRONT LANDING GEAR COVER REPAIRED
COBRA POGO BALLISTIC BATTLE BALL MISSING (1) MISSLE
COBRA SEA RAY MISSING PILOT
COBRA WOLF MISSING PILOT
DREADNOK THUNDER MACHINE MISSING DRIVER
FORWARD OBSERVER UNIT MISSING ANTENNA
L.C.V. RECON SLED MISSING PERISCOPE
MISSLE LAUNCHER PAC/RAT MISSING RADIO
SKY HAWK  
STUN - PYTHON PATROL  
TERROR DROME MISSING PILOT, (1) SMALL GUN CAP
TIGER CAT REPAIRED MISSLE LAUNCHER
TIGER FISH  
TIGER PAW  
TIGER SHARK REPAIRED BOTH VANES. ITEM IS COMPLETE
TIGER STING REPAIRED MISSLE LAUNCHER
TRANSPORTABLE TACTICAL BATTLE PLATFORM MISSLE LAUNCHER REPAIRED, RAMP HINGE FIXED

Finally able to cross this off my "MOC toys from my childhood" list.

I snagged one of ebay a few years ago but returned it cause the bubble was tore from the back board inside the box. Then I didn't see another one for years on ebay. But this one popped up last week and looked promising.

Arrived today and in-hand its spectacular. The tape seals are cut, but the cardboard is so firm it feels like it's never been opened. Still sealed bubble to board and no creases on the box top.

Not too much yellowing on the bubble (these seemed to yellow easily!)

20210619_153829.thumb.jpg.54b38fbd5c0c0364abdad7d677867d8b.jpg

clean back

20210619_153852.thumb.jpg.6d2c2db28b755c58d47bc00c44640136.jpg

And nice straight top edge.20210619_153842.thumb.jpg.6ede2a483171e721053ced09db96d7c5.jpg

I'm so excited!

35 minutes ago, miraclemet said:

Finally able to cross this off my "MOC toys from my childhood" list.

I snagged one of ebay a few years ago but returned it cause the bubble was tore from the back board inside the box. Then I didn't see another one for years on ebay. But this one popped up last week and looked promising.

Arrived today and in-hand its spectacular. The tape seals are cut, but the cardboard is so firm it feels like it's never been opened. Still sealed bubble to board and no creases on the box top.

Not too much yellowing on the bubble (these seemed to yellow easily!)

20210619_153829.thumb.jpg.54b38fbd5c0c0364abdad7d677867d8b.jpg

clean back

20210619_153852.thumb.jpg.6d2c2db28b755c58d47bc00c44640136.jpg

And nice straight top edge.20210619_153842.thumb.jpg.6ede2a483171e721053ced09db96d7c5.jpg

I'm so excited!

Contrats but what is a moc toy?

10 hours ago, marvelmaniac said:

930695055_G2-HasbroMarvelLegendsRetroFigures.thumb.jpg.8f8db859b816f31e684ab1eac0a047b0.jpg

I am soooooo tempted on the Spider-man.  Anyone remove these from the packages? 

38 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Contrats but what is a moc toy?

MOC - Referred to as Mint on Card

MISB - Mint in Sealed Box or Mint in Sealed Bag - depending on the item. 

MIB - Mint in Box (Box may be opened / seals broken)

ABS - Hard plastic that was used on vintage Joes 

I am trying to think of other common ones.  

14 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

MOC - Referred to as Mint on Card

MISB - Mint in Sealed Box or Mint in Sealed Bag - depending on the item. 

MIB - Mint in Box (Box may be opened / seals broken)

ABS - Hard plastic that was used on vintage Joes 

I am trying to think of other common ones.  

MOMC

Patrick

Yep. This Mantech is MIB (mint in box) cause it has its box and all its parts, though not MISB since the tape one either side is cut, but the toy is still sealed on its interior blister card inside the box so maybe it's MIB and MOC (mint on card) though that more commonly used to refer to action figures that are still in their original card/bubble package like for Star Wars and GI Joe figures. 

For my collection I only collect MIB or MOC pieces. No loose toys.

Edited by miraclemet