• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,415 posts in this topic

On 6/28/2022 at 9:53 PM, followtheleader said:

Guy had a bunch of odd and rarer boxed items.

couple examples are the playsets for Blackstar and Crystar.  But yikes, they were pricey.

So I was afraid to ask how much this Voltron was.  

Happy that it was quite a good price.  Definitely has issues.  Should display well enough 

Patrick

20220628_214300.jpg

20220628_214104.jpg

Awesome stuff as always, Patrick! Man, playsets for Blackstar and Crystar, I don't think I've ever SEEN those before, much less had a chance to buy. That's very interesting.

On 6/29/2022 at 1:06 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm on the fence about the Haslab HISS Cobra HISS

Mainly the price point is holding me back, but the early bird exclusive might be worth it.(shrug)

Since I'm just a dabbler in Classified, the price point may hold me back. It looks really cool, but that's a lot of money for something that is probably going to sit in a box. Looks like they're going to have zero problem hitting that early bird goal, though. Not even up for an hour and it's already better than halfway there!

On 6/29/2022 at 1:06 PM, STORMSHADOW_80 said:

I'm on the fence about the Haslab HISS Cobra HISS

Mainly the price point is holding me back, but the early bird exclusive might be worth it.(shrug)

I'm probably backing it, as the HISS is probably my 2nd favorite vehicle behind the Rattler.  Not happy about the price, but with the hopeful early backer bonus, and 4 more possible unlockables, the value could get there.  Looks great with the light up features, the opening door in back, and the treads.   I'm sure it will look great in hand.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:52 PM, Mickey7 said:

I'm probably backing it, as the HISS is probably my 2nd favorite vehicle behind the Rattler.  Not happy about the price, but with the hopeful early backer bonus, and 4 more possible unlockables, the value could get there.  Looks great with the light up features, the opening door in back, and the treads.   I'm sure it will look great in hand.

The unlockables really will tell the tale. If there are, say, four more exclusive figures, suddenly I'm very interested! But if it's just somthing like blast effects or whatever, that likely won't put me over the edge.

Wow, only up a few hours and now it's over 6200. That 8k is going to be in before the end of day, and they gave a deadline of 7/6. I know the threshold is much lower than it was for the Skystriker, but that thing limped to the finish, making up huge ground in the closing hours. Classified fans are showing up for this thing, in a big way.

The price can be justified if there are incentive figures at each tier that is unlocked.  However, not so much of a bargain if we are unlocking leftover Transformers blast effects.

I am passing but I hear of guys army building this one or buying them for future resale. 

@PeteFromPetesBasement :baiting:

On 6/29/2022 at 10:26 AM, F For Fake said:

The unlockables really will tell the tale. If there are, say, four more exclusive figures, suddenly I'm very interested! But if it's just somthing like blast effects or whatever, that likely won't put me over the edge.

Wow, only up a few hours and now it's over 6200. That 8k is going to be in before the end of day, and they gave a deadline of 7/6. I know the threshold is much lower than it was for the Skystriker, but that thing limped to the finish, making up huge ground in the closing hours. Classified fans are showing up for this thing, in a big way.

can a figure fit in the turret? that was my favorite feature besides taking the turret out and stashing another figure inside.

On 6/29/2022 at 6:08 PM, Lpgk said:

can a figure fit in the turret? that was my favorite feature besides taking the turret out and stashing another figure inside.

You know, I’m not sure. I didn’t sit through the live stream, I wondered if they showed that? I would assume so, because if not, for $300 that would be a pretty big fail.

On 6/29/2022 at 3:19 PM, Namtak said:

Hail to the king!( i tought posting this in this week in my collection!but somehow i think its more suited for this thread!(shrug) duke nukem sealed memory card!

20220629_151030.jpg

What am I looking at? 

Is it a memory card with a faux figure on the end of it? 

Patrick 

On 6/29/2022 at 11:12 AM, F For Fake said:

Awesome stuff as always, Patrick! Man, playsets for Blackstar and Crystar, I don't think I've ever SEEN those before, much less had a chance to buy. That's very interesting.

Thanks!

It's only the 2nd Crystar boxed set I've seen.  Box and set were nicer.  He wanted to $800.  Not for me.  This playset is a real pain based on how it was made.  

Not sure if people have seen the Crystar dragon.   That's another super hard piece due to the wings. 

Also, only the 2nd Blackstar box.   It was surprisingly nice and much better than the 1st.   I think it was more, but I'm already forgetting. 

Patrick 

On 6/29/2022 at 10:33 PM, followtheleader said:

What am I looking at? 

Is it a memory card with a faux figure on the end of it? 

Patrick 

Yup

Can you imagine that monstrosity hanging from the end of your PS, or better yet, PSOne? lol

Crazy stuff they made back then....

The Mezco One:12 Fantastic Four set has been pushed back from April this year to February 2023. That's quite a setback for them, but I'd rather wait and get it done right. 

On 6/30/2022 at 7:46 AM, Cat said:

The Mezco One:12 Fantastic Four set has been pushed back from April this year to February 2023. That's quite a setback for them, but I'd rather wait and get it done right. 

I'm assuming everything must be severely delayed at Mezco. I was looking at my BBTS orders the other day, and forgotten that I still have the One:12 Constantine and Wolverine box set on preorder. Ordered both over a year ago, in April of 2021. That's a bit ridiculous. I would probably cancel them by now, but I had to pay a $10 deposit, so it won't let me cancel. 

As expected the Haslab HISS is already funded, in under 24 hours. They've got 9923 backers out of 8000 needed. Meanwhile, the most recent lightsaber is stalled at 1200. This is a crazy good response. I'd expect we'll be getting more Haslab Classified stuff after this.