• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,374 posts in this topic

On 6/8/2022 at 8:06 PM, whisp said:

I honestly can't remember where I saw it.  Probably youtube but they where talking about a Snake Eyes Classified figure with your head sculpt for $60 usd thru Hasbro.  I can't seem to find it so maybe it was bs.

Might not be bs.  I think that was the price point for the personalized Star Wars figures.  This would be 6” scale.  

On 6/8/2022 at 8:08 PM, Buzzetta said:

Might not be bs.  I think that was the price point for the personalized Star Wars figures.  This would be 6” scale.  

Yep for a 6" figure and one of the older sculpts.  If they do Storm Shadow I want one lol.

Edited by whisp

ohhhhhh

Anyone else see this?  I have not been buying the modern retro line.  I passed on the sold off the Mando wave and did not pick up anything else...

This though?
Vader with a red handheld sword instead of a sliding version?  hm 

The Obi Wan retro wandering Jedi looks interesting as well... 

vader-retro-hasbro-478.thumb.jpeg.faa336b4f5619dd195e124cc01d54c81.jpeg

On 6/8/2022 at 8:00 PM, Buzzetta said:

Is that part of the same rumor going around that Hasbro pulse will be offering personalized Star Wars figures?  You send them some selfies and they print the head using a 3D printer. It won’t be injection molding but if the rumor is true and the mock up that leaked holds true it would look pretty sharp.  There was talk that if successful (again if true) that it would make its way to other lines. 

I also saw this, and I believe it extended to Joe, SW, Power Rangers, and Ghostbusters. Pretty sure I saw it on a Joe-centric Youtube video, will have to see if I can track that down.

On 6/9/2022 at 4:48 PM, reptilekingdie said:

Just picked up 

B3C9193C-44ED-49EC-9D34-05AB1AC816EB.jpeg

Be careful with the biceps on this figure. One of mine broke, and I know 2 other people who had the same issue. It'll still hold, but it'll fall off if you try to repose it. 

Beautiful figure, though. Nice pick-up. 

And I know I'm late on this, but I'm also a bit perplexed as to why they went with Bumblebee for the Striker. It's a beautiful headsculpt on it though, beterr than the Masterpieces, IMO. But there's a stack of other characters that would make more sense. Only thing that works for me is that both are scouts, but they could do better than that. I've been trying to think back to the Devil's Due comics, and who was what, but I can't remember (and don't have access to my copies, or the tpbs or omnibus right now) offhand, but I'm pretty sure 'Bee wasn't a Striker in those. 

@whisp

Found it... 

https://aiptcomics.com/2022/05/26/star-wars-selfie-series-haslab-reva/

It's to be called the "selfie series".

One of the better comments that I saw on reddit (where I think I first read this but cannot seem to locate right now) was that someone suggested sending in "selfies" of faces of characters that Hasbro has not made yet.   If you want that Michael Douglas Ant Man figure then this might be the way to go and 'sneak one by'.  Someone else had responded that they happen to look a lot like the Hammerhead species from Star Wars lol. 

UPDATE: It appears the Selfie Series won’t just be limited to Star Wars. Other toyline customers will be able to have a custom portrait on include Marvel Legends, G.I. Joe, Power Rangers, and Ghostbusters.

Here is another article on it with mockups in other lines. 

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/05/25/hasbro-selfie-series-reveal/

image.thumb.png.b2693defa82b33d842361f2f4021f070.png

On 6/9/2022 at 4:19 AM, Cat said:

And I know I'm late on this, but I'm also a bit perplexed as to why they went with Bumblebee for the Striker. It's a beautiful headsculpt on it though, beterr than the Masterpieces, IMO. But there's a stack of other characters that would make more sense. Only thing that works for me is that both are scouts, but they could do better than that. I've been trying to think back to the Devil's Due comics, and who was what, but I can't remember (and don't have access to my copies, or the tpbs or omnibus right now) offhand, but I'm pretty sure 'Bee wasn't a Striker in those. 

Agree completely. It IS a great head sculpt, and I'm not even a big Bee fan. But the character choice is just odd for this particular vehicle. I can only assume that they're not planning on making many of these, so they're going to shoehorn in the big characters whether they make sense or not. I'd love Hound as a Vamp.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

@whisp

Found it... 

One of the better comments that I saw on reddit (where I think I first read this but cannot seem to locate right now) was that someone suggested sending in "selfies" of faces of characters that Hasbro has not made yet.   If you want that Michael Douglas Ant Man figure then this might be the way to go and 'sneak one by'.  Someone else had responded that they happen to look a lot like the Hammerhead species from Star Wars lol. 

Detective Buzz strikes again! Thanks for confirming that this wasn't just a mass hallucination.

On 6/9/2022 at 5:36 AM, Buzzetta said:

@whisp

Found it... 

The article or video I saw actually showed a guy with his head actually sculpted on a snake eyes.  But yeah it will be something like that.

Edit: Didn't look at bottom link but yeah that is them.

Edited by whisp

On 6/9/2022 at 10:14 PM, F For Fake said:

Agree completely. It IS a great head sculpt, and I'm not even a big Bee fan. But the character choice is just odd for this particular vehicle. I can only assume that they're not planning on making many of these, so they're going to shoehorn in the big characters whether they make sense or not. I'd love Hound as a Vamp.

I'd have loved to have gotten those SDCC crossover sets they did for a few years running. They did a non-transforming Vamp Hound. We really need a transforming one. We've had a transforming snow cat, Rattler, and now Striker, and whatever tank Titanium Megatron was meant to be, how come we haven't had the most obvious? 

On 6/8/2022 at 11:36 PM, Buzzetta said:

@whisp

Found it... 

I can't speak for Power Rangers or Ghostbusters, but I believe the heads between Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black and GI Joe are somewhat interchangeable. There might be slight size differences, but I believe they all use the same general size. 

Edited by Lpgk

Bought some more Hot Wheels today.   Found an other Batman.  Got a couple cars that I thought looked cool.  Positive I had a Bone Shaker when I was a kid.  The Pixel Shaker I thought was cool since can hold a Lego and it was a Treasure Hunt.  There was a bunch of them but I just grabbed 1.

hotwheels2.jpg

On 6/8/2022 at 8:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

ohhhhhh

Anyone else see this?  I have not been buying the modern retro line.  I passed on the sold off the Mando wave and did not pick up anything else...

This though?
Vader with a red handheld sword instead of a sliding version?  hm 

The Obi Wan retro wandering Jedi looks interesting as well... 

vader-retro-hasbro-478.thumb.jpeg.faa336b4f5619dd195e124cc01d54c81.jpeg

This looks pretty cool, and I've liked a few of the prior retro figs like Mando. I just wish they would do away with the fake wear & tear on the cardback.  Looks cheap, and the card itself is a bit flimsy.  Happy they are making these figures though, and I'd like to see some retro playsets as well.

On 6/10/2022 at 7:50 PM, Mickey7 said:

This looks pretty cool, and I've liked a few of the prior retro figs like Mando. I just wish they would do away with the fake wear & tear on the cardback.  Looks cheap, and the card itself is a bit flimsy.  Happy they are making these figures though, and I'd like to see some retro playsets as well.

This is the first one I am buying to keep so the card will be tossed and it will be tossed in with the vintage collection.  I always wanted a Vader without the slide saber.  This looks like it could have been released as an additional wave after the 85' POTF line. 

I like it. :D