• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,374 posts in this topic

Hello all! Back from the LCS, and with a nice collection of fresh Funko product. I lucked out completely, got the Jay & Silent Bob Soda’s, both of which are Chase! Yay! I also picked up the GITD Chase Tron, Build-a-Bear Furry n’ Fierce (but alas, they did not have the bear), Make a Wish Iron Man, and WonderCon Wall-E.

Not bad for a Saturday. Not bad at all. 

36756DCB-9C90-4A8F-B283-F2C7A0AE7129.jpeg

On 6/13/2022 at 3:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just wow... these are images from JediTempleArchives of the new Obi Wan figure set to debut in November and the (as of now) unannounced Vader.  These are a part of the Vintage Collection.  It is amazing what they are doing at 3.75" and people are somehow finding these on the shelves now, five months ahead of schedule. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.18 PM.png

Some really nice detail for that size.

This is bigger news for poster fans but does affect figure fans, but Funko has purchased Mondo. Didn't see that one coming. 

On 6/14/2022 at 9:16 AM, Cat said:

This is bigger news for poster fans but does affect figure fans, but Funko has purchased Mondo. Didn't see that one coming. 

Wow, that's really something. My fondest wish is that this means that people who want Mondo stuff WILL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO BUY IT NOW. I swear, I've had decent luck with Mondo, but I've had just as many misses, things that sold out in seconds, that I never had a shot at. Their business model was ridiculous. Edition sizes should have been much larger on so many things. Insanity. So, yeah, hopefully we'll get the same quality of posters and vinyl, and actually be able to buy them a little more easily.

On 6/13/2022 at 6:53 PM, Buzzetta said:

Just wow... these are images from JediTempleArchives of the new Obi Wan figure set to debut in November and the (as of now) unannounced Vader.  These are a part of the Vintage Collection.  It is amazing what they are doing at 3.75" and people are somehow finding these on the shelves now, five months ahead of schedule. 

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.18.07 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 6.17.18 PM.png

I don't do Star Wars, but that Vader looks like he'd be a ton of fun to have on the desk and fidget around with. I may have to pick one up if I ever see him.

They promised us so much for the 6 inch Star Wars line, but it's still the 4 inch Vintage Collection that's delivering. Unfortunately I feel I'm now in too far with the Black line to back out, although my extensive 4 inch collection would be easy to drop back into. Hmm. 

The upcoming Aayla Secura will be the first Black figure I've bought in quite some time. 

Edited by Cat

On 6/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, Cat said:

They promised us so much for the 6 inch Star Wars line, but it's still the 4 inch Vintage Collection that's delivering. Unfortunately I feel I'm now in too far with the Black line to back out, although my extensive 4 inch collection would be easy to drop back into. Hmm. 

The upcoming Aayla Secura will be the first Black figure I've bought in quite some time. 

I quickly realized that we would never get something in scale with the BMF Millennium Falcon in 6” scale so it was a no go with the exception of a few figures then I realized I had to make a clean break and … dumped them. 

On 6/15/2022 at 12:39 AM, Buzzetta said:

I quickly realized that we would never get something in scale with the BMF Millennium Falcon in 6” scale so it was a no go with the exception of a few figures then I realized I had to make a clean break and … dumped them. 

Wise move. In hindsight I wish I'd done the same, but they had such a strong start. Now their choices are just.. well, they're not what I want, and they're pegwarming like crazy around me so I can't be the only one thinking the same. 

On 6/14/2022 at 11:18 PM, Buzzetta said:

Finally... @Bosco685

lego is not only producing an official James Bond minifigure... but 'family'

Latest Lego leak adds Fast and the Furious and the Aston Martin in minifig scale.

IMG_3164.png

76912-1.jpg

76912-Fast-and-Furious-1970-Dodge-Charger-Set.jpg

76912-Fast-and-Furious-1970-Dodge-Charger-Box-Back.jpg

With ejectable seat for the aston martin?

On 6/14/2022 at 10:26 AM, Cat said:

Why?  Across the board any given 6-inch figure still has far more articulation and details than any 3.75-inch figure, and that definitely includes the 6-inch versions of Ben and Vader that are the alternatives to those two new Vintage Collection reveals from the Obi-Wan show.

The ONLY thing I like about the 1:18 scale is the vehicles are a more manageable size.

So went to two  Dollarama and picked up some other cars. I was on the ledge for The Batman green car but I grabbed it. Also found a Subaru WRX STI but not the version I wanted but hey its my favourite car. Also grabbed a 2nd McLaren F1 GTR. I love the look of this car and the colours. One of my favs.  Was grabbing sport cars and rally's.    I think i am getting addicted to Hot Wheels lol.:)

sportscars.jpg

sportscars2.jpg

NECA has hinted in a recent video that they may be doing IDW TMNT as well as 2012 cartoon versions. I'd love an IDW line: the main 4 turtles obviously, their badarse Shredder design, Alopex, Nobody, Jennika, just to name a few. I'd be all in for that.