• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,363 posts in this topic

On 8/19/2021 at 10:06 PM, followtheleader said:

Bought some cases.  Not great, not poor.  Better than the figures sitting in loose boxes. Will be fun to store them.

Patrick

20210819_200025.jpg

Mind if I ask where you got those cases? I've been on the lookout for something similar for my Super Powers and Secret Wars figures, but I've never been happy with what I've seen. And the Super Powers figures weren't all the exact same size, so that's also part of the challenge.

On 8/20/2021 at 1:45 PM, Dave2739 said:

Mind if I ask where you got those cases? I've been on the lookout for something similar for my Super Powers and Secret Wars figures, but I've never been happy with what I've seen. And the Super Powers figures weren't all the exact same size, so that's also part of the challenge.

Look for Star Cases that fit Hot Wheels. They fit MOTU figures and should fit SP figures, too.

On 8/20/2021 at 4:57 PM, scumdolly said:

Look for Star Cases that fit Hot Wheels. They fit MOTU figures and should fit SP figures, too.

Thank you, very helpful! Looks like Amazon has varying sizes available.

On 8/20/2021 at 2:45 PM, Dave2739 said:

Hello,

I got them from this seller on E-bay: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284016231067?hash=item4220afc29b:g:HCAAAOSwc7NfZNHM

They also have another wider size.  

I'd think the size I posted should to be good for Super Powers and Secret Wars.  I'll see if I have a loose Secret Wars figure to try.  

Concerning the different size figures, MOTU is the same.  Though they have the same basic design, the case I posted is better for those that have similar dimensions to He-man.  The odd/bulkier figures are not good in this case.  

This case is slimmer than others, like Zoloworld cases. 

Patrick

On 8/22/2021 at 7:02 AM, Chillax23 said:

Clearing out stuff from my parents house and stumbled across some Battle Beasts:

67953966_BattleBeasts2.thumb.jpg.38239a1f135d954e84676a37156196f6.jpg

Will keep some for my son and then sell the rest - need to see if there is a market for these bad boys

There is still a strong market on Ebay and you'll do better to sell them individually. Price varies by Beast, if complete, if rub/hologram works. I need a about 6 more to finish my set if you decide to sell.

Edited by srezvan

Ollie's is offering some really good deals on legend figures again. X-force wolverine, guardian,boom boom Wendigo baf series for 9.99 a piece. They also have 80 year marvel x-factor cyclops, ice man, and silver samurai for the same price. Scored a snap dragon voyager class transformer for $15, and a Voyager class combat g2 megatron for 19.99!

reduced-galery_image_15724_32028.jpg

NEW-Hasbro-Transformers-Generations-War-for-Cybertron-Earthrise-Voyager-WFC-E21-Decepticon-Snapdragon-18cm-Action-Toy.jpg

Anyone collect Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors?

They are a super pain to complete.  Literally every portion is a missing piece potential.

Kind goofy toys, kind of fun.

At least they aren't too pricey.

Patrick

Say I wanted to sell my AFA Graded Star Wars figures?  What venue would I use?

I am not going to use eBay

I am not selling them over the boards or FB.  (Not happening - this is not meant to generate a sale)

Does Hakes actually generate enough interest?  Is Comic Link the way to go these days?  Metropolis? 

I am hesitant to send these in the mail because an afternoon in a hot mail truck could detach the bubble from the card at this point.   So I 'might' hand them off to someone at NYCC.

I guess this is one of the 'big' ones. 

65186844587__45D2BEEB-DD16-438E-B0A4-567B26251738.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 8/28/2021 at 2:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

I am not selling them over the boards or FB.  (Not happening - this is not meant to generate a sale)

Does Hakes actually generate enough interest?  Is Comic Link the way to go these days?  Metropolis? 

I am hesitant to send these in the mail because an afternoon in a hot mail truck could detach the bubble from the card at this point.   So I 'might' hand them off to someone at NYCC.

There is a group on FB called DOND. I know you said you won't FB, but dude, you're missing out. Another member of these forums is in the group as well. The format is great because it's offer based, you don't have to accept any deal unless the right offer is made. Entry is based on a vouch system, so if you're interested PM me and we can get the ball rolling.

Edited by comicwiz

On 8/28/2021 at 12:49 PM, Buzzetta said:

One of my goals is to buy a Buzz item.

Lofty but attainable. 

Patrick

On 8/29/2021 at 3:15 PM, Summydad1 said:

I haven’t been buying comics this last year (or posting for that matter) but I have picked up a couple cool G1 Transformers to add to my 80’s collection. The jets in the case are a mint first wave pre-rub set.

7F130494-6C7F-4A72-9453-C3B47651247A.jpeg

43454CA3-22F3-48AA-8A91-D9DDB7B7404E.jpeg

95C8D36D-1872-45DB-B062-913BCB8C4F87.jpeg

97682BC2-AD0B-42CD-85C0-29E52928B6F0.jpeg

Very cool.  Nice display. 

Patrick

download.jpg

On 8/29/2021 at 10:41 PM, followtheleader said:

One of my goals is to buy a Buzz item.

Lofty but attainable. 

Patrick

The bubble is an 85 on that piece.  I like it a lot though and put it back in the cabinet.   I have a lot of memories looking at a couple of those cards.  I might bring them out to do a little write up.  I am probably going to continue keeping them until they fall apart. 

The Yoda and the Rebel Soldier have the best stories attached. 

There are plenty of other things in my sales threads this week even Vintage Joes and I posted two Vintage Transformers. 

Edited by Buzzetta