• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,373 posts in this topic

On 8/30/2021 at 5:31 AM, Summydad1 said:

Haha. Merman is the best. When I was looking to get one, his face had to look good. 

3733A7FD-3D80-466D-AE27-BF7FC4886E9B.png

The paint on his face can be a tough one. 

He's a special case for me.  I bought most of the series MOC in the 90s.  

Then I moved them to storage for a LONG time.  When I looked at them in the last 2000s, I was super disappointed with my Merman.   

The back was pushed thru, card was super trashed.  MOC was a stretch.

So he was one of the few that I replaced MOC later in life. 

A really great character.

On a side note, I finally went thru my old loose MOTU box.  It was stored for almost 20 years.  I'm thinking I'm going to sell the majority.  But there were a number of pieces I didn't know about.  Hope to post a few here shortly. 

Patrick

Hello all!

Its been a slow week, only one pickup; the PIAB GITD Wanda Maximoff. Good looking Pop, lots of attention went into the sculpt on this one. I *should* have a bunch more to show you, but 'tis the season for shipping errors apparently.

First, a box chock full of Disney Stitch Funko Pop's that I purchased for my wife's birthday were stolen by UPS. Not "delayed," not "missing," I mean straight-up taken. The tracking showed them reaching the distribution hub the next town over, then they disappeared. This is not the first time we've had goodies disappear upon reaching that UPS location, and I'm sick and tired of UPS packages that manage to arrive at the house showing up with the a corner peeled back, where someone decided to evaluate if what's in the box was worth stealing. Of course, dealing with UPS "customer service" (yes, it belongs in quotes) is like taking a day trip to the 10th level of Hell, so I figure that's a bunch of money I may have well set on fire + my plans for the wife's birthday present are hosed.

Second up, PIAB is having shipping issues again. I have three orders with items that didn't make it, but are listed as "shipped." Customer service has always done right by me, even though they take 24-48hrs to respond via e-mail, so I'm hopeful it'll get resolved.

I did manage to score a complete set of Infinity Warps Pop's, so that's another Marvel set down. Trying to figure out what to do next; either clean up some of the older/outstanding sets, or focus on new pickups. Def. want to find one of those blacklight Carnage's though...:D

IMG_1853.jpg

IMG_1852.jpg

Edited by BabaLament
Add photos.

I kind of want to buy some AFA GI Joes because I mostly have all the comic books (and statues) I want, and I am a serious degenerate.  But when I got back into comics in 2019, GPA and Gocollect made it pretty easy.  Have not really found a similar resource for Joes (some have vague NOC pricing but not AFA) and they don't seem to be sold often enough to look at eBay recent sales.  Is there such a resource?  Any ideas?

On 8/30/2021 at 7:35 PM, Poekaymon said:

I kind of want to buy some AFA GI Joes because I mostly have all the comic books (and statues) I want, and I am a serious degenerate.  But when I got back into comics in 2019, GPA and Gocollect made it pretty easy.  Have not really found a similar resource for Joes (some have vague NOC pricing but not AFA) and they don't seem to be sold often enough to look at eBay recent sales.  Is there such a resource?  Any ideas?

I strongly recommend staying away from AFA Joes.

With that said, I would pay attention to three places where they are sold on a regular basis: 

Hakes

eBay 

Facebook Group GI Joe 1982-1994 

You can get a decent gauge on what they sell for by looking up realized auctions and BINs and to see what things were offered for in the FB Group.

Again last summer I almost caved and bought one and when I looked at the figure closely I noticed that the elbows were cracked.  The subgrade for the figure was the usual 85, but there was no way given the split elbows that the grade was still true.  We have seen the figures where the rubber band snaps on the graded piece leaving a floppy figures sealed on the card, but the broken elbows were alarming because it means that the plastic itself had further degraded. 

Just be careful. 

On 9/1/2021 at 9:33 AM, Nic8612 said:

I pre-ordered one as well!

I also got in on the Sentinel last year and just got a notification that it shipped today :)

Looks like it will be in production since we exceeded the target # :banana:  I'll probably also going to pre-order SS when it's up

On 9/3/2021 at 6:31 PM, nepatkm said:

My Mother visited last month, and brought a box filled with some of my old toys & other items with her. She is clearing out the basement, and brought a sample of what’s there and asked me to decide if I want these things or not…..Of course many more to be coming my way on our next visit. 

—Ahhh the great memories coming to me, going through some of these items:cloud9:

5A73F813-433C-4DDD-98BF-C107E2C6B1A7.jpeg

D00FACD0-AD00-44DB-A52E-6ACFCFCD5D86.jpeg

6B106AFF-F675-4B94-BEBD-545C2E37B7E1.jpeg

599DB6F4-D733-446B-93CB-512A607651AB.jpeg

5F30A9DB-DA6A-4F0D-83B3-93B274BC1832.jpeg

Man I wish my parents had a basement a long time ago lol

Jk

All that was there later was a bunch of band posters and baseball cards Haha

Sounds like fun, hope you enjoy!

^ I have that same Star Wars ESB figure case. I picked it up on about 1988, on or about. I LOVED Star Wars. Constantly peskered my family members, asking if they were sure all their Xmas presents bought and handed out were accounted for, because you know, you might have got me a Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Pilot Uniform figure as a birth gift (as you can see, I had an airtight case, and also that X-Wing Luke was my most wanted figure) and just let it mature like a fine wine. So while I loved Star Wars, I was born too late to experience the OT as it was in its prime. 

Over here Star Wars stuff had been off the shelf for years. Occasionally you'd get lucky. In '87 I found 4 ROTJ Admiral Ackbars just hanging on a peg, completely random. And they were clearanced. I was so happy to get my one, and leave the rest for other people like me. 

The final one was about a year later. This' kids' odds and ends' store was known to occasionally stock toys, but they were up at the counter, and usually trashed or already opened. Anyway I was walking past there with my mother one afternoon and she points out to me what's in the display window: the ESB figure case, and single carded POTF figures of Barada, ID8, and R2D2 with the pop-up lightsabre. I think my mother was just about as excited as I was, as I might finally shut up for a bit. Next day she went in and got then all for me minus thr pop-op R2. I already had the Sensorscope version, and why would you need more than 1 of the same droid? 

You've just brought up a brilliant memory id long forgotten about, so thank for sharing. It's amazing how much is there in our brain, just waiting for the right piece of stimuli to set if off and boom! You're back in your childhood. 

How wonderful. 

On 9/3/2021 at 7:46 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Man I wish my parents had a basement a long time ago lol

Jk

All that was there later was a bunch of band posters and baseball cards Haha

Sounds like fun, hope you enjoy!

What’s funny is the recommended for children 3+ on the Micronauts figures with small projectile parts @ADAMANTIUM

The 70’s children were invincible 😆

A lot of old matchbox cars, power records,transformers/Gobots,Shogun warriors,Mego and He-Man figures… Good memories.
Hate to know what already was trashed. 🤷‍♂️

:flamed:

On 9/3/2021 at 8:01 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

^ I have that same Star Wars ESB figure case. I picked it up on about 1988, on or about. I LOVED Star Wars. Constantly peskered my family members, asking if they were sure all their Xmas presents bought and handed out were accounted for, because you know, you might have got me a Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Pilot Uniform figure as a birth gift (as you can see, I had an airtight case, and also that X-Wing Luke was my most wanted figure) and just let it mature like a fine wine. So while I loved Star Wars, I was born too late to experience the OT as it was in its prime. 

Over here Star Wars stuff had been off the shelf for years. Occasionally you'd get lucky. In '87 I found 4 ROTJ Admiral Ackbars just hanging on a peg, completely random. And they were clearanced. I was so happy to get my one, and leave the rest for other people like me. 

The final one was about a year later. This' kids' odds and ends' store was known to occasionally stock toys, but they were up at the counter, and usually trashed or already opened. Anyway I was walking past there with my mother one afternoon and she points out to me what's in the display window: the ESB figure case, and single carded POTF figures of Barada, ID8, and R2D2 with the pop-up lightsabre. I think my mother was just about as excited as I was, as I might finally shut up for a bit. Next day she went in and got then all for me minus thr pop-op R2. I already had the Sensorscope version, and why would you need more than 1 of the same droid? 

You've just brought up a brilliant memory id long forgotten about, so thank for sharing. It's amazing how much is there in our brain, just waiting for the right piece of stimuli to set if off and boom! You're back in your childhood. 

How wonderful. 

Yes, great memories! Very glad to hear it sparked yours as well @Mecha_Fantastic :banana:

On 9/3/2021 at 7:58 PM, nepatkm said:

What’s funny is the recommended for children 3+ on the Micronauts figures with small projectile parts @ADAMANTIUM

The 70’s children were invincible 😆

A lot of old matchbox cars, power records,transformers/Gobots,Shogun warriors,Mego and He-Man figures… Good memories.
Hate to know what already was trashed. 🤷‍♂️

:flamed:

Lol true dat!

I'm old enough to remember smoke and stink bombs being sold by my ice cream truck. I never got the low down on if that was normal eek! :applause:

But yes! The toys were built well for the kids too at the time too, kind of like your parents refrigerator lasting forever but perhaps you buy new, better get that warranty!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/3/2021 at 8:02 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol true dat!

I'm old enough to remember smoke and stink bombs being sold by my ice cream truck. I never got the low down on if that was normal eek! :applause:

But yes! The toys were built well for the kids too at the time too, kind of like your parents refrigerator lasting forever but perhaps you buy new, better get that warranty!

Toys were built well in the 80s too with transformers and hemant etc

On 9/3/2021 at 5:31 PM, nepatkm said:

My Mother visited last month, and brought a box filled with some of my old toys & other items with her. She is clearing out the basement, and brought a sample of what’s there and asked me to decide if I want these things or not…..Of course many more to be coming my way on our next visit. 

—Ahhh the great memories coming to me, going through some of these items:cloud9:

5A73F813-433C-4DDD-98BF-C107E2C6B1A7.jpeg

D00FACD0-AD00-44DB-A52E-6ACFCFCD5D86.jpeg

6B106AFF-F675-4B94-BEBD-545C2E37B7E1.jpeg

599DB6F4-D733-446B-93CB-512A607651AB.jpeg

5F30A9DB-DA6A-4F0D-83B3-93B274BC1832.jpeg

The magnet-based Micros are one of my all-time favorite toys. 

Very heavy. 

Cool mini Shoguns. 

Pretty sweet that you kept some of the guns for the SWs.  

Patrick

I had a couple Battle Cats in the aforementioned box.

Noticed the date on one as 1976.  Instantly piqued my interest as that was long before heman and differs from the 1983 on the others.

Again, appears to be an early version.  Odd and interestingly, they put white pupils on the 76 versions but not later.  Couldn't have cost much or been timely, but makes sense as the face is covered by the helm.

Patrick

20210830_132146.jpg