• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

It's the Uncanny Valley.  That Indy looks VERY much like Ford, but it falls slightly short and ironically that makes it worse for many people than if it looked LESS like him.  Most Hot Toys figures have this same issue.  Sometimes they really nail the faces, but not often--usually they're right there in the valley of unease.

On 5/27/2022 at 12:58 AM, D84 said:

There are people who on the Sideshow Collectibles forum that says this Hot Toyys figure looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Though it's not perfect, "nothing like" is a bit of a stretch.

P1010019.thumb.JPG.ca0cb2b81f732072f1ae7dba06093be2.JPG

P1010029.JPG.9edb8494cb5612bd815bac185943fd47.JPG

Maybe not perfect but easily recognizable

On 5/27/2022 at 12:58 AM, D84 said:

There are people who on the Sideshow Collectibles forum that says this Hot Toyys figure looks nothing like Harrison Ford. Though it's not perfect, "nothing like" is a bit of a stretch.

Who thought the ball-grabber stand was a good idea?:facepalm:

On 5/29/2022 at 5:11 PM, Catwomancomics said:

Is this a new 6 figure vintage set or is it old news?

They are repacks from leftover stock from the retro line.

My understanding is that they will be on the same card that they were originally released on but in a boxed set sort of like the same way they released the three skiff guards. 

On 5/27/2022 at 5:58 AM, D84 said:

Looks like Seth Green wearing Indy's clothes IMO ;)

On 5/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, Dark Knight said:

I pre-ordered this from Ramen Toys.  Can't wait to get this in end of the month or sometime next month.  The Centurions toyline were my favorites toys as a kid. I still have some of the originals, but I can't wait to add these into my collection :banana:

Also pre-ordered Silverhawks Quicksilver.  Looks much better than the Super7 version in my opinion.

Centurions Ramen.jpg

Centurions Ramen inside.jpg

Cool that they're reissuing these. I used to love the show as a kid, but I don't remember ever having the actual figures. Of course, every now and then at a holiday or something, my mom likes to get out old photo albums or watch a VHS movie of an 80s Christmas or the like, and I end up seeing a toy that I had no memory of having. Sectaurs anyone? Ha! Had to do some research on that one. But I vividly remember watching the Centurions on tv regularly, I loved that show. 

STAR WARS BLACK SERIES AAYLA SECURA!!!! 

Btw… Vintage collection Pre-order was $1 cheaper on Amazon than Hasbro Pulse.  I ordered the Hoth soldiers on Pulse and the wandering Jedi on Amazon.

Hasbro Pulse is having a BONKERS "Power Days Sale", started this morning. I missed a bunch of stuff (most of the masterpieces sold out) but there are still TONS of deals here, like BLACK FRIDAY level deals. 40% off when you spend over $75. Runs through June 6th, but I don't expect most of this stuff to last that long. Black Zarak for $107, the Ark for $102. Snake Eyes and Timber set for $25! Great, great deals. Go take a look and don't hate me for what you're about to spend!

This link is directly to the TF stuff, but other brands are on sale as well.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/hasbro-pulse-power-days-sales-event?refinementList[vendor][0]=Transformers

Yea that's the best sale Pulse has ever run; the best before this was 25% off.  I already had most everything so I haven't bought anything yet, but I may get another Snake Eyes and Timber just to army-build that excellent dog which I already have two of.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:55 PM, fantastic_four said:

Yea that's the best sale Pulse has ever run; the best before this was 25% off.  I already had most everything so I haven't bought anything yet, but I may get another Snake Eyes and Timber just to army-build that excellent dog which I already have two of.

It's really pretty nuts! I blew through a couple hundred bucks really fast just catching up on Studio Series 86 stuff I need, and a couple of other odds and ends. Even the Three Zero GI Joe stuff is included, which is tempting!

I've already got another cart filled with stuff, hopefully I can scare up a little extra cash before the sale ends on the 6th. If not, I feel like I did well, but I'd like to take a crack at finishing out a few Beast Wars figures I don't have.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:59 PM, F For Fake said:

Even the Three Zero GI Joe stuff is included, which is tempting!

REALLY?  Hadn't noticed, let me check that out.

On 6/2/2022 at 4:00 PM, fantastic_four said:

Oh and I really want that GI Joe set that has the guy and his alligator.  Saw a review of that alligator and he looks terrific, although he's out of stock most everywhere for now.

It looks like a terrific set. I pre-ordered it from BBTS way back when it first went up for sale, so I should probably get it, oh, right around 2025 or so.