• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

On 10/13/2022 at 5:09 PM, fmaz said:

I LOVED these toys as a kid! You’re 100% correct in that they were really the best thing going in terms of options … it went way beyond just swapping out costumes/uniforms with GI Joe or action man. Here you got to take people’s faces off for goodness sake!
If I weren’t already digging myself deep down the rabbit hole of vintage WGSH Mego figures (look for a post in this thread very soon!) I could easily see Six Million Dollar Man figures OR Micronauts (that magnetic Baron Karza? I mean…come on!) being an obsession!  
Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

The whole Maskatron/Fembot concept creeped me out as a kid.  Even watching those episodes as an adult today I can understand the spook factor for a child.  But super original toy concept and, of course, a remarkable television show for its time.  I'll be on the look out for the Mego post!

Another one. This time it's Mattel and He-Man getting into the NFT scene, crossing over into each other's worlds. I get the impression actual toys may be attached to this, but I really don't know. Who cares with this stuff. Is anyone here dumb enough to get involved? 

Here's the link if you're interested: https://news.bitcoin.com/toy-manufacturer-mattel-and-cryptoys-announce-masters-of-the-universe-nft-collection/

On 10/20/2022 at 2:16 AM, profholt82 said:

I recently picked up a curio cabinet, so I've been making little displays of some of my collectables. And I decided to get a Venom to go with my Spidey. This was the coolest looking one I could find, from a company called Revoltech. 

20221019-120159.jpg

I hate to be 'that guy' but they're actually done by a company called Kaiyodo. The umbrella line is Revoltech, with the sub-line being 'Amazing Yamaguchi.' 

Nice score, it's a really nice Venom, and it looks great with the Spidey.

The Haslab Galactus is now shipping to the US.  I have a FedEx tracking number, but judging by how that went with the Haslab Sentinel it could take up to 8 or more weeks for it to go from "Label Created" to actually being in FedEx's hands.  Galactus is looking absolutely spectacular from the early reviews on Youtube.

On 10/20/2022 at 5:14 PM, followtheleader said:

I'm thinking 5 of these are lego.  Anyone know what the sword is from?

Patrick

20221020_171152.jpg

The wide grip reminds me of the Imaginext figures / playsets our son had growing up. They definitely had loads of medieval figures.  Just a guess though.

On 10/20/2022 at 6:28 PM, fmaz said:

The wide grip reminds me of the Imaginext figures / playsets our son had growing up. They definitely had loads of medieval figures.  Just a guess though.

Just found out that the sword is from 1983 Imperial Dragons and Knights. 

The silver weapon is actually the Pocket Power Glo Bones.  That's a pretty sweet little find. 

Just down to the seaweed.  I know the spears are lego.   

Patrick 

I'm stoked about the Star Wars ROTJ vintage re-releases. I've got two of the six already still MOC, the Scout Trooper and the Luke Jedi, but I'll happily buy new issues to display with them. To be fair my Luke Jedi cannot be called mint, as decades ago before I got it a moth took a nibble out of the corner of the card, and the bubble is brown, but it was either I give it a home or it was going to get opened, so I've had it for 20 years. The Scout Trooper is nice though, nice clear bubble, nice card. 

For anyone who wants a 1/12 to 1/10 scale car, check out the Bratz car. It's only $35USD, looks great, has working lights, and a lot of functionality for a great price. I'm really tempted to buy one myself. 

It's a red convertible, and would make a decent cheaper alternative to Ghost Rider's expensive ride.