• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

And finally, if anyone missed out on Jetfire the first two times, the third time is the charm. It's such a great sculpt and figure, I imagine he'll sell out yet again, and prices will climb once more. Apparently Sky Lynx is coming again at some point as well. I wish they'd give us Omega Supreme one more time, as I missed out on that guy the first go round.

Anyways, yeah, go get him if you need him.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/133865

On 10/25/2022 at 6:55 AM, F For Fake said:

And finally, if anyone missed out on Jetfire the first two times, the third time is the charm. It's such a great sculpt and figure, I imagine he'll sell out yet again, and prices will climb once more. Apparently Sky Lynx is coming again at some point as well. I wish they'd give us Omega Supreme one more time, as I missed out on that guy the first go round.

Anyways, yeah, go get him if you need him.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/133865

Love to get me a Omega Supreme 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:03 AM, MetalPSI said:

Love to get me a Omega Supreme 

Yeah, I could really kick myself for missing him on the first go-round. It was just one of those cases of never wanting to spend the money at the time, and now, well, I really wish I had! ha Since they've reissued Jetfire twice, and Sky Lynx is on the way, I'd say there's a chance we'll get Omega. Then again, they may do a repaint instead. I'm sure, given Hasbro's history of re-use, we haven't seen the mold for the last time.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:08 PM, F For Fake said:

Yeah, I could really kick myself for missing him on the first go-round. It was just one of those cases of never wanting to spend the money at the time, and now, well, I really wish I had! ha Since they've reissued Jetfire twice, and Sky Lynx is on the way, I'd say there's a chance we'll get Omega. Then again, they may do a repaint instead. I'm sure, given Hasbro's history of re-use, we haven't seen the mold for the last time.

I'd also love to see Omega again for the same resson. For some stupid reason I just decided to skip him. What the heck was I thinking?! 

On 10/25/2022 at 7:08 AM, F For Fake said:

I really REALLY wanted that Unicron, but just cannot afford it

Shipping alone is crazy

On 10/25/2022 at 9:16 AM, Cat said:

I'd also love to see Omega again for the same resson. For some stupid reason I just decided to skip him. What the heck was I thinking?! 

I tell ya, for me, it was just that he didn't seem to be moving that fast, and he was pricey. So I told myself "Eh, you've got time." Then one day I looked and he was sold out everywhere, and prices were getting silly. 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:24 AM, MetalPSI said:

I really REALLY wanted that Unicron, but just cannot afford it

Shipping alone is crazy

Oh yeah, tell me about it. I should have been all over it, but at the time I just could not justify the cost. Of course now that he's selling for like 4 times that cost, i am kicking myself. Oh well. I have to remind myself, "you can't have everything."

On 10/25/2022 at 11:30 PM, F For Fake said:

I tell ya, for me, it was just that he didn't seem to be moving that fast, and he was pricey. So I told myself "Eh, you've got time." Then one day I looked and he was sold out everywhere, and prices were getting silly. 

Yeah, that's what I did. I thought he'd come down a bit, and then poof, he just disappeared, leaving me high and dry. I had the money for him, I should have just got him while I had the chance. 

On 10/25/2022 at 11:31 PM, F For Fake said:

Oh yeah, tell me about it. I should have been all over it, but at the time I just could not justify the cost. Of course now that he's selling for like 4 times that cost, i am kicking myself. Oh well. I have to remind myself, "you can't have everything."

Yeah same here for Unicron. A good friend got him and he's such a beautiful figure, and absolute grail piece. But for me to get one would have cost me a bare minimum of $900AU, likely over a grand including shipping, and that's just too much for me to spend on a single figure, at that time and right now. So I'm happy for those that have him, but I can't afford him, and frankly, I don't even have the room for a figure that size anyway. So oh well. It is what it is. 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:36 AM, Cat said:

Yeah, that's what I did. I thought he'd come down a bit, and then poof, he just disappeared, leaving me high and dry. I had the money for him, I should have just got him while I had the chance. 

Yeah same here for Unicron. A good friend got him and he's such a beautiful figure, and absolute grail piece. But for me to get one would have cost me a bare minimum of $900AU, likely over a grand including shipping, and that's just too much for me to spend on a single figure, at that time and right now. So I'm happy for those that have him, but I can't afford him, and frankly, I don't even have the room for a figure that size anyway. So oh well. It is what it is. 

I feel ya. And yes, the size/space thing is another big issue for sure. Even if I'd wanted to pay the price to buy him, I have no idea where I would have put him! So, maybe it's for the best. If I ever managed to stumble upon a bargain, I can't say I wouldn't pull the trigger, but that seems unlikely at this point.

On 10/25/2022 at 11:39 PM, F For Fake said:

I feel ya. And yes, the size/space thing is another big issue for sure. Even if I'd wanted to pay the price to buy him, I have no idea where I would have put him! So, maybe it's for the best. If I ever managed to stumble upon a bargain, I can't say I wouldn't pull the trigger, but that seems unlikely at this point.

I asked my friend to leave him to me in his will, but he's younger than me sooooo that's unlikely to happen. lol

On 10/23/2022 at 10:37 AM, Cat said:

For anyone who wants a 1/12 to 1/10 scale car, check out the Bratz car. It's only $35USD, looks great, has working lights, and a lot of functionality for a great price. I'm really tempted to buy one myself. 

It's a red convertible, and would make a decent cheaper alternative to Ghost Rider's expensive ride. 

I bought this a few weeks ago and love it.  Takes up a bit too much room and is minimally useful for the superhero displays I typically do, but my main use for it was to have someone like Magneto or Colossus toss it around a battlefield display anyway so it's great for that.

The only issue is it's more of a 1:10 scale car, so it's slightly big for 1:12 scale figures.  But not so big that it doesn't work if you ignore something like She-Hulk looking comfortable in it when in reality she should be super-cramped up in that car.

On 10/25/2022 at 8:49 AM, F For Fake said:

Also, I don't pick up many Marvel Legends anymore, but I will buy any and every Outback-era X-Men toy they want to make. SO, I had to have this Bonebreaker BAF. Unfortunately, the wave he came with suuuuuucks. Still, it ultimately made the most sense to go ahead and buy the wave, and sell off the ones I don't want, as the BAF is selling for about $80 on eBay by himself. Luckily the "Do these claws look infected to you?" Wolverine figure didn't include a BAF piece, so I only had to get the other six figures. I wanted the Havok (he's a definite improvement over the old Wal-Mart figure, and the clip on energy rings are cool) and Sabretooth (the head sculpt is kind of a disaster, but the body type and colors are my childhood memories of the character), everything else goes on eBay. Vulcan? Darwin? Maggott??? Man alive, shelf-warmers galore in this wave. The Siryn figure is really nice, but I don't know the character, so I don't need to keep her.

I like this wave, particularly Maggott.   I wasn't familiar with him but the figure is the best-executed of the wave besides Bonebreaker and that awesome new Vulcan sculpt that they're planning to use as their mainstream male body from now on.

On 10/26/2022 at 1:36 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Can anyone suggest a toy T-Rex similar to the one in Batman's Trophy room?

What scale, and what exact style are you looking for?  Finding one that looks exactly like that one in the art you linked could be tough.

The best 1:18 scale Rex I know of is the recent Mattel Hammond Collection T-Rex; it's the first fully-articulated Rex in that scale that's ever been sold.  Creative Beast is also about to release a fully-articulated 1:18 scale Rex that's more scientifically accurate, but at $225 it's also far more expensive than the $50 Mattel Rex.  I was going to get the Creative Beast Rex, but once the Mattel Rex was announced earlier this year that's now my favorite one.

The best 1:12 scale Rex I know of is the Mattel Super Colossal Rex.  I have that one too.

The closest Rex to the style in that Batman art you posted that exhibits the traits paleontologists used to think applied to Rex that we now know is inaccurate I've seen is an older non-articulated Rex from a company called Papo, but that's really more of a statue than a toy figure and the scale wouldn't match most action figures if you want to display a Rex with other toys.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 10/27/2022 at 9:16 AM, fantastic_four said:

I like this wave, particularly Maggott.   I wasn't familiar with him but the figure is the best-executed of the wave besides Bonebreaker and that awesome new Vulcan sculpt that they're planning to use as their mainstream male body from now on.

I agree, Maggott looks like a well-made figure, but mentally I associate the character with the absolute nadir of the comics, so I just can't love him, no matter how nice the toy is ha Poor guy, I just cant' give him a chance! I vaguely remember the storyline that Vulcan came from, but it wasn't one that I had any affection for. It's a nice sculpt, I can see how the body will be useful down the line, but for me, if I don't have a strong nostalgic connection to the character, I really have no use for the figure.