• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,356 posts in this topic

On 10/4/2022 at 7:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Well, I was hoping the MOTU Origins Eternia set would be more in-line with the Castle Grayskull (which was less than $100). I knew Eternia would be pricier because it's huge, but $550?? :facepalm:

https://creations.mattel.com/products/masters-of-the-universe-origins-eternia-playset-hgw42

etenia.thumb.webp.07795589ee7e66eda9690a77a02ae535.webp

Dang when I read $100, I was hoping that by the end of the sentence lol that it would somehow equal that or even out. Looks tall and beautiful but for that cash, I'd buy dinner for someone 1st. :cheers:

On 10/4/2022 at 5:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Well, I was hoping the MOTU Origins Eternia set would be more in-line with the Castle Grayskull (which was less than $100). I knew Eternia would be pricier because it's huge, but $550?? :facepalm:

https://creations.mattel.com/products/masters-of-the-universe-origins-eternia-playset-hgw42

I've never seen anyone try to leash a snake.  Really like that central tower though.

I was tempted, considering that a complete vintage Eternia set is going to run a couple/few thousand dollars. But this just looks sorta...flimsy, to me, for the price. Of course, the original playset was legendarily fragile, but this one just seems off somehow. Can't place why. I dunno. I'd probably be willing to pay about half that.

On 9/27/2022 at 11:44 AM, Buzzetta said:

Walmart has the 90th Anniversary Lego Galaxy Explorer on sale for $75 with free shipping.

I happily thought it was a good deal at $100 when it came out through Lego and was very surprised that this showed up at Walmart to begin with. 

Here is a link if interested. 

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Galaxy-Explorer-Building-Set-for-Adults-who-love-Space-10497/140718640

image.thumb.png.3466857095eabefb38a3c33651dff1b9.png

Thank you for the heads up on this, I picked one up at my local Walmart today at the $75 price point.  I had been planning to save this for Black Friday to contribute to the free holiday set, but 25% off instant gratification was too good to pass up.

Happiness is opening the box, discovering there's no sticker sheet (all printed bricks!  Yay!) and putting together a classic Red Astronaut Minifig.  I really need to dig my original LL928 out of storage soon.

On 10/7/2022 at 6:06 PM, OtherEric said:

Thank you for the heads up on this, I picked one up at my local Walmart today at the $75 price point.  I had been planning to save this for Black Friday to contribute to the free holiday set, but 25% off instant gratification was too good to pass up.

Happiness is opening the box, discovering there's no sticker sheet (all printed bricks!  Yay!) and putting together a classic Red Astronaut Minifig.  I really need to dig my original LL928 out of storage soon.

Very glad to help. You will truly enjoy this set. 

On 10/11/2022 at 11:19 PM, Namtak said:

Aw the trashcan is missing!

Oh that's so perfect. Now I need to find me a 1/10 scale trash can!

On 10/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

That is badass but the pricing on some of this stuff is making me pass on principle. 

On 10/13/2022 at 10:27 AM, followtheleader said:

The Raph is so close to the movie version.   Really awesome piece. 

Patrick

I've got a whole display on the way to me. I've got all 4 turtles in their regular first movie look, Splinter, Shredder, 2 Foot Soldiers about to be shipped to me, and I've got the TMNT2 turtles 4 pack ordered (won't be out until 2023, although for some reason the 2 packs have been hitting stores already, which weren't supposed to hit until well after the 4packs were sent out), Tokka and Rahzar, and own Super Shredder already. I also have a spare single-packed 1st movie Donatello I picked up just to keep separately. Plus of course the Casey and Raph in disguise you see in this pic. Can't wait to get them all and set them up. 

Edited by Cat

On 10/4/2022 at 8:00 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

If I was Mattel and I saw people dropping $350 for a black plastic car with flames and a couple of figures, I would try to stick my hand in the honey as well.   

On 10/8/2022 at 3:50 PM, NSmith7275 said:

Loved the Six Million Dollar Man and Bionic Woman.  The television shows eventually went a bit off the rails, but for kids, it was good stuff.  The toys were very imaginative for the time, I think.

thumbnail_IMG_2603.thumb.jpg.c1ff7870adbdc8fd74468835410f8539.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2602.thumb.jpg.68efa8c08454cd2cdea7175029a268a6.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2601.thumb.jpg.0683d477c39031a75d3c81b5737d5370.jpgthumbnail_IMG_2600.thumb.jpg.d1416b88ad9669daac5980ebf2417d0f.jpg  

I LOVED these toys as a kid! You’re 100% correct in that they were really the best thing going in terms of options … it went way beyond just swapping out costumes/uniforms with GI Joe or action man. Here you got to take people’s faces off for goodness sake!
If I weren’t already digging myself deep down the rabbit hole of vintage WGSH Mego figures (look for a post in this thread very soon!) I could easily see Six Million Dollar Man figures OR Micronauts (that magnetic Baron Karza? I mean…come on!) being an obsession!  
Thanks so much for sharing!!!!

Edited by fmaz