• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

Doctor Who was created as a production on a shoestring budget on taxpayers dollars. The show in the early years was never about trying to make the most outlandish effects. The show was about putting together a great story, superb actors, and music to deliver a show that is believable. ...

Mostly I'm lurking through this thread, but, superb actors? Isn't someone forgetting the frequent presence of OTT villains (some of whom I'm sure I remember twirling their mustaches on camera)? And that guy chewing scenery in those episodes?

; )

I liked the OTT villains. The Master was the (ahem) master of them all.

This was an underrated one that had absolutely superb character actors.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Stones_of_Blood

Mainly Susan Engel & Elaine Ives-Cameron. (thumbs u

They are in there, sprinkled throughout the series. You just got look for them. :)

Somebody must have hit the button on that post. lol

Someone notified on a Dr Who post??

tardisnew.gif

Time for some action!

Well, I can't imagine that the Mods spend much time in this thread.

Maybe the Mods are the new Daleks hm

In other news - I watched the first two episodes of Class tonight and enjoyed them.

It's sort of Grange Hill meets The Tomorrow People meets Buffy - with a bit of gore.

My intro to Dr Who...miss watching vhs of this era with me Dad.

they must have been later reruns in Canada,as I was too young to have seen this on original broadcast...

Edited by porcupine48