• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, NewEnglandGothic1 said:

I'm kind of stuck in a Forum Phantom Zone at the moment. Arch is working on it. Hope he gets me out soon. Feels like I've been banned for something, which I do not understand?

Timey wimey stuff.

21 hours ago, NewEnglandGothicDUPE said:

I'm kind of stuck in a Forum Phantom Zone at the moment. Arch is working on it. Hope he gets me out soon. Feels like I've been banned for something, which I do not understand?

I'm sure Zod said the same thing :wink:

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Watched Mummy on the Orient Express Sunday for the first time. What a great episode.:cloud9:

I think Capaldi has created an age divide when it comes to who likes his version.  I think the older views like him a lot, while most younger viewers did not care for him.

Just got back from a Doctor Who-like adventure.

Doing an article on a flooded town, like the Capaldi episodes "Under The Lake/ Before The Flood."

In New Hampshire, you cannot feel like you are The Doctor with all the weird stuff that surrounds you.

But, I'm going to need a Clara-type companion. I will settle for a Leela as well.

DSC08383.JPG

13 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Just got back from a Doctor Who-like adventure.

Doing an article on a flooded town, like the Capaldi episodes "Under The Lake/ Before The Flood."

In New Hampshire, you cannot feel like you are The Doctor with all the weird stuff that surrounds you.

But, I'm going to need a Clara-type companion. I will settle for a Leela as well.

DSC08383.JPG

Wow... that's a lot of amenities for such a small community. A train depot AND a toy shop? When I was a kid, we had one of each with a population of 50,000!

12 hours ago, Batman said:

Wow... that's a lot of amenities for such a small community. A train depot AND a toy shop? When I was a kid, we had one of each with a population of 50,000!

I guess the toy shop was really a factory. It's where jumpin' Jacks were created. Those people were really cut off too. Not as much as the north of town was on the mountain. A lot of those folks didn't step foot in the center of town more than ten times a year. They relied on the mail man for actual news in their community. They moved their cemetery to higher ground and painstakingly recreated it to it's exact original state/design. 700 plots!

You can't help but feel like the Doctor when you enter these mysterious areas.

4 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Superb start to the new season.

Really did manage to seem very fresh.  Managed to combine elements of both the 10th and 11th Doctors, and the result was very much it own thing. Felt like a 11th episode at the beginning that then morphed into a 10th episode. Capaldi was excellent, and even my kids who have been meh on his run, really liked this. It also seemed like it would be an excellent starting point for a viewer new to Doctor Who.

The preview also made it seem like Capaldi may have had more influence on the contents of these episodes.  Many nods to past seasons (even classic Who), and well as showing the return of old villains and even older versions of those villains.  Furthermore, the prospect of two regenerations of the Master teaming up has me excited.

On 4/19/2017 at 4:09 PM, Comicopolis said:

Superb start to the new season.

It was different and the same. Might catch some grief for this, but couldn't they make 'star girl' the companion? I mean after Clara, Bill is a little rough around the edges.  Also, did anyone else get a

Spoiler

Killing Joke

feeling from the Doctor's reflection in the mirror of Bill's mum? Looking forward to smiling robots.