• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

http://tvweb.com/doctor-who-season-11-new-actor-ben-whishaw/

Apparently, Ben Whishaw is the early front runner for the next Doctor.A few other potentials are also mentioned.

Richard Ayoade was hilarious in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and The IT Crowd, but I can't see him as The Doctor.

I personally love the idea of Hayley Atwell. She is well known. Does not have on ongoing series right now since Agent Carter and Conviction have been cancelled. From everything I have seen, is a genuinely nice person. But most important, has expressed a very strong interest in playing the role (I guess many have though).

I personally love the idea of Hayley Atwell. She is well known. Does not have on ongoing series right now since Agent Carter and Conviction have been cancelled. From everything I have seen, is a genuinely nice person. But most important, has expressed a very strong interest in playing the role (I guess many have though).

Hmm no. Kate Bush is the only qualified female to play the Doctor

PJ Harvey.

I wonder if an American could play the Doctor?

After all Brits can play Superman,Spider-Man and Batman.

I like to see a American Doctor.

The only American actor who I could ever see play the role with a kind of quiet dignity and restraint would have been Morgan Freeman 10-12 years ago.

I literally think there would not have been one complaint about him being American.

My 2c

He just feels like he's been around the universe once or twice and has seen in it all with a twinkle of an eye.

The only American actor who I could ever see play the role with a kind of quiet dignity and restraint would have been Morgan Freeman 10-12 years ago.

I literally think there would not have been one complaint about him being American.

My 2c

He just feels like he's been around the universe once or twice and has seen in it all with a twinkle of an eye.

Hmm Christopher Walken

My 2c

Hmm Christopher Walken

He would make a most excellent "Master" after "Missy" gets done. hm

My 2c

He would be a good choice. I don`t know if his age at 77 would have an affect at him wanting to do a weekly series.

About JK Simmons as a wild card? I think he could pull it off.

jksimmons.jpg

PJ Harvey.

What about The Doctor's Daughter? or even Eva Green?

PJ Harvey.

Not Eva Green :eek:

PJ Harvey.

Not Eva Green :eek:

Okay, maybe not her. How about Theo James?