• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Wasn't her last episode "Terminus" where she just wore a slip throughout it? <3  I might be thinking of Frontios though.  It was the one before Enlightenment. hm 

Terminus 5a79d7585f63c_DrWhoThumbsUp.gif.9f874cf2c0d2ff307da4c97d0b0e45cc.gif

Image result for nyssa doctor who terminus

Put some thought into this today.

So we are all in agreement that Peter Davison's Doctor murdered Adric?

He refused to save him due to the laws of the timey-wimey stuff, yet they travel around in a "time machine."

It's not really a spaceship.

Every episode, they crash land in a timeline where any action upsets the laws of time.

They do this on a week-to-week basis, ruining time.

...and there was no mutiny from Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton's characters whatsoever.

Making them accomplices.

They weren't as slow as Katy Manning's Jo Grant character (yet sexy) they could have pieced this together instantly.

But, they didn't. They didn't want to.

So, basically The Doctor wanted Adric to DIE!

...and no one stopped him. lol 

You would have thought if the Master wanted to really mess with the Doctor, he would have used his TARDIS to save him.  That would have been the most evil thing to do.  But, instead he unleashed the Chameleon to the group. :facepalm: 

6 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

So we are all in agreement that Peter Davison's Doctor murdered Adric?

Yes.

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Every episode, they crash land in a timeline where any action upsets the laws of time.

They do this on a week-to-week basis, ruining time.

No. There is only one event, and they are in it. Even when they go back twice. It's still the only way it ever happened.

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

You would have thought if the Master wanted to really mess with the Doctor, he would have used his TARDIS to save him.  That would have been the most evil thing to do.  But, instead he unleashed the Chameleon to the group. :facepalm: 

It was bad karma, to unleash Kamelion, yes.

He was so poo, when I drew this picture for DWB, I accidentally cropped him:

k2.jpg.e938bcba3009b4faae548b76a8c94ab4.jpg  2552917-kamelion2.jpg.dac2948021667a28457268822abd4c29.jpg

Poor Kamelion...

Image result for doctor who the kamelion gif

Talented.  You got his quizzical face quite right.

My sister was the artist.  I was the writer.

Now and then, my editor will let me write a Doctor Who type story (modern spin on an old legend.)  It's how I keep my upbringing of Doctor Who alive. :) 

Someday on my bucketlist I would love to actually write a Who episode.

19 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Talented.  You got his quizzical face quite right.

My sister was the artist.  I was the writer.

Now and then, my editor will let me write a Doctor Who type story (modern spin on an old legend.)  It's how I keep my upbringing of Doctor Who alive. :) 

Someday on my bucketlist I would love to actually write a Who episode.

That would be cool wouldn't it. What would your story be about I wonder NEG? I remember reading some fan fiction many years ago in my early teens. One story was about the Doctor landing on an unknown planet, close to death. Lots of reflecting,  then he waded out to sea to die. His last thought was the realisation it was Earth, and that his DNA would be the trigger to life and, therefore, us. It ended with him smiling and realising why he loved the human race so much. Not sure how plausible that was, but it always stayed with me. 

2 hours ago, Marwood & I said:

That would be cool wouldn't it. What would your story be about I wonder NEG? I remember reading some fan fiction many years ago in my early teens. One story was about the Doctor landing on an unknown planet, close to death. Lots of reflecting,  then he waded out to sea to die. His last thought was the realisation it was Earth, and that his DNA would be the trigger to life and, therefore, us. It ended with him smiling and realising why he loved the human race so much. Not sure how plausible that was, but it always stayed with me. 

I want to say I'm at the caliber of writing something like, "The Girl in the Fireplace," "Blink" or "The Doctor Dances," but I am not.

But, being a fan of the companions, I love to see a Doctor Who-less episode with the companions of past. 

I'm thinking the further adventures of Clara & She with their TARDIS.  The real trick is to make it feel like it's not a spin-off (K-9 and Company... "Mistress?" lol ,) but a one-off making you want more.

I started to fall in love this kind of episodic television after an Echo-less episode of "Dollhouse."

We invest so much in his companions during a run, as we are supposed to project ourselves into them, it makes sense to catch up with them from time to time. :) 

16 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I was spoofing Organik's debate scene in the hilarious time-travel movie "Detention."

"This girl only has one shoe!"

:roflmao:

Ah I see...

Anyhow, my shruggy emoticon was simply implying there was no issue with that statement ;) 

On 3 February 2018 at 2:04 PM, Batman said:

Just in case anyone isn't keeping score, Modern Doctors with Regional Accents are now winning 3:2.

Yup. Two with easy-to-understand northern English accents. Both sensible choices.

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup. Two with easy-to-understand northern English accents. Both sensible choices.

Wasn't Eccleston's accent the reason he left the series? I heard the producers wanted him to posh it up a bit but he declined.

It wasn't his accent that was the problem... It was his acting! More Dr Wooden than Dr Who.

Joking apart, it’s easy for me to understand Eccleston because he’s originally from only a few miles down the road from here, even though my accent’s quite different to his.

I also get that his accent might be relatively difficult for some, and why they’d have wanted him to try something posh or received.

It’ll be interesting to hear more of the new Doctor’s, as we didn’t get much during the regeneration.

On 10/02/2018 at 12:45 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Joking apart, it’s easy for me to understand Eccleston because he’s originally from only a few miles down the road from here, even though my accent’s quite different to his.

I also get that his accent might be relatively difficult for some, and why they’d have wanted him to try something posh or received.

It’ll be interesting to hear more of the new Doctor’s, as we didn’t get much during the regeneration.

I wasn't a big fan of the Eccleston portrayal. I never got the sense that he understood the character, or knew what to do with it. Rose on the other hand, was inspired. What a great actress Billie Piper turned out to be, against expectations. And such an interesting face.

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 4:09 PM, Marwood & I said:

I wasn't a big fan of the Eccleston portrayal. I never got the sense that he understood the character, or knew what to do with it. Rose on the other hand, was inspired. What a great actress Billie Piper turned out to be, against expectations. And such an interesting face.

I agree with the first part   (thumbsu

I really enjoyed the Christmas Special from last year “Twice upon a Time.”

Truly a great send-off for one of the best, if not the best Doctor.

Maybe my only complaint would be that it was slightly overloaded with returning characters for the 60 minute run time. A couple of them really didn't have enough time to make an lasting impression to the plot really.

Smart cliffhanger too, literally. lol 

13 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I really enjoyed the Christmas Special from last year “Twice upon a Time.”

Truly a great send-off for one of the best, if not the best Doctor.

Maybe my only complaint would be that it was slightly overloaded with returning characters for the 60 minute run time. A couple of them really didn't have enough time to make an lasting impression to the plot really...

Definitely a good episode. Great to see Mark Gatiss back on screen. Thought his character was well played... in a just-off-stereotype sort of way.

13 hours ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

...Smart cliffhanger too, literally. lol 

She drops to her death, spawning a new regeneration...

:wink: