• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Dr Who Thread
3 3

1,471 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I did a Stones of Blood picture back as a lad! The missing bit of the page is the K9 I posted earlier, which was swiped for the front cover :headbang:

dw1.thumb.jpg.b201fb7b514674db5eedf088cef787c9.jpg  k9.jpg.6f0b8350c26a3e0bfe1586bea28abb1d.jpg

Love it!!!

I can't tell you how much I love that episode!  When I was a lad myself, that and Pyramids of Mars were my favorites!

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

Love it!!!

I can't tell you how much I love that episode!  When I was a lad myself, that and Pyramids of Mars were my favorites!

Pyramids of Mars was such a good episode for a kid. The mummies are permanently etched into my memory as terrifying. Even though I've seem them since as an adult, and they're palpably not. 

Sutekh.....brilliant 

5 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Pyramids of Mars was such a good episode for a kid. The mummies are permanently etched into my memory as terrifying. Even though I've seem them since as an adult, and they're palpably not. 

Sutekh.....brilliant 

I've been known to randomly quote "Sutekh must live" as well as "Contact has been made" from The Invisible enemy. lol 

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

I've been known to randomly quote "Sutekh must live" as well as "Contact has been made" from The Invisible enemy. lol 

I know it's an obvious one, but I used this this a lot at school:

"You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."

9 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

I'm feeling nostalgic now.

I know it's bad form to blow your own trumpet, as well as being tough on the back, but this Tom Baker's pretty good isn't it? I can't believe I did that. It's all I can do to see straight nowadays, such are the dodgy old eyes...

Still, nice that I can share it here over 30 years later B|

And to prove a person is generally their own worst critic, I can still remember the bit I forgot to fill with black ink. It's in there somewhere....

dw4.thumb.jpg.575d04fc43f0b7812a916d79de025cf8.jpg

"You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain." ;) 

I love this thread!

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

"You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain." ;) 

I love this thread!

:headbang:

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

"You know, you're a classic example of the inverse ratio between the size of the mouth and the size of the brain."

:headbang:

21 hours ago, tv horror said:

I have been a fan of Dr Who since the moment it started back in 1963 and can remember Hartnell regenerating into Troughton and the hate surrounding the change yes including myself. I could not imagine MY Doctor being replaced by a new comer no nope nada no way! Then I fell in love with Troughton he was now my Doctor then came Pertwee no way was I going to enjoy this upstart however he did have a brilliant Master Roger Delgado and I continued watching. Then the arrival of Tom Baker I had given up on the regenerations by now I just except each Doctor there after. Funny story about Tom Baker I met him at a book signing here in Belfast and he was very approachable and funny, so as he went to sign my book I said to him "You have a woman's hands!" at that he gave one of the loudest laughs you could hear, You need to watch the Blackadder series to get the joke, he was hysterical in the episode as the Sea captain.

A great episode from a fabulous show.

21 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Up north we shortened that to "Is your arse as big as your mouth?"

19 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Up north we shortened that to "Is your arse as big as your mouth?"

You have a woman's arse! I'll wager that arse has never plugged the breach of a main beam in a ship a tossin' on the seven seas!

Rhubarb, rhubarb...

1 hour ago, Batman said:

2cxyg0.jpg

Give the man some credit.

He had remember his lines around a 70's Katy Manning in her prime.

Once she wore those white go-go boots in the season 9 opener, "Day of the Daleks" she became the most iconic companion.

237800118_maxresdefault(3).thumb.jpg.58e441b0c46bb645a5d888b3f22920fb.jpg

Granted, she wasn't the sharpest tack. lol 

DW04.jpg.468c4e18ea9f5f3c9dd42de30f2666be.jpg

8 hours ago, tv horror said:

I see what you did there...GRANTed as in Jo Grant. By the way have you seen the photo of her posed with the Dalek?<3

He never washed that plunger again.