• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 November 17 - 18 Comics Signature Auction - Beverely Hills

462 posts in this topic

1. BWS conan #8 cover. I've heard the trifecta formula of the 3 B's really puts these in high demand... Babe, barbarian, beasts. This one kind of meets the criteria, I think. Safe to say it will crack $75K?

# 4 sold for 89k in 2014.

# 9 sold for 87k in 2013.

Seems a safe bet it cracks 75k, unless there is some qualitative reason this cover is deemed inferior to the other two (I can't really pick a favorite of the lot).

#8 sold for $500 in 1984, I would assume:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/conan-8-cover

Best, Lee

1. BWS conan #8 cover. I've heard the trifecta formula of the 3 B's really puts these in high demand... Babe, barbarian, beasts. This one kind of meets the criteria, I think. Safe to say it will crack $75K?

# 4 sold for 89k in 2014.

# 9 sold for 87k in 2013.

Seems a safe bet it cracks 75k, unless there is some qualitative reason this cover is deemed inferior to the other two (I can't really pick a favorite of the lot).

#8 sold for $500 in 1984, I would assume:

http://www.comicartads.com/content/conan-8-cover

Best, Lee

Just so we all feel bad, that's 1161.83 in 2016 dollars ;)

Yeah but what were the 1984 opportunities?

$500 would have bought 333 copies of TMNT #1. (: At say 10k a pop if appropriately conserved, they'd now be worth $3,330,000 :whistle:

Looks like 9am west coast

I take it you weren't a math major. :makepoint:

12pm West Coast

2pm Central

3pm East Coast

Internet proxy bidding ends 10 minutes prior to those times.

j

On my live bidding screen it says it starts in 11 minutes

Looks like bidding will start tomorrow...so everyone just step away, nothing to see here, check back tomorrow. Trust me.

I think I am about to see how small a fish I am in this world... :cry:

I am confident that you can out-bench press anyone who might beat you for the pieces you are going for. So, at least you have that going for you.

I am confident that you can out-bench press anyone who might beat you for the pieces you are going for. So, at least you have that going for you.

sweet