• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 November 17 - 18 Comics Signature Auction - Beverely Hills

462 posts in this topic

Dang, that Johnny Craig VOH cover went cheap, no? I thought the days of these covers selling for that kind of price were long, long gone. Granted, again, not the best example, but, still...

I dunno. I mean I guess its a bit soft, but as you say, its just not the example anyone would be gunning for

Dang, that Johnny Craig VOH cover went cheap, no? I thought the days of these covers selling for that kind of price were long, long gone. Granted, again, not the best example, but, still...

I dunno. I mean I guess its a bit soft, but as you say, its just not the example anyone would be gunning for

Even the other Craig VOH cover (#31) barely did any better. Not a great one either, but much better than the #21 IMO.

Does bifurcation add to the ASM splash's value? Does it give it a kitsch factor?

I would argue it takes away value.

I live in Greenwich Village. So I am biased.

Barry worked hard to inch that one up!

Yup, he did a great job on that one. Just the right appeals to rarity as so on.

Surprised on how strong the Vampirella #36 back cover (published complete as a foreign edition of Vampirella) went for $20,315.00. Very strong.

Gene, did you get it?

Not me. Frankly, I've never liked this one - to me, the anatomy is all kinds of wrong. The arms are too long and misshapen; the bust is unflattering to say the least. I had no interest in it, but my friend did (even though I did not pull punches with my assessment of it!) I was sure he was going to win it, but, unless he upped his max bid, he will not have won it or even ended up as the underbidder.

Surprised on how strong the Vampirella #36 back cover (published complete as a foreign edition of Vampirella) went for $20,315.00. Very strong.

Gene, did you get it?

Not me. Frankly, I've never liked this one - to me, the anatomy is all kinds of wrong. The arms are too long and misshapen; the bust is unflattering to say the least. I had no interest in it, but my friend did (even though I did not pull punches with my assessment of it!) I was sure he was going to win it, but, unless he upped his max bid, he will not have won it or even ended up as the underbidder.

With that hammer I don't feel as bad for what I paid on the Vampirella #13 and the #110 I got earlier this year seems like a steal.