• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 November 17 - 18 Comics Signature Auction - Beverely Hills

462 posts in this topic

Wow! Rory Hayes!

You know its doing well when an artist that with all respect I haven't heard of has art go for 65k!

Just goes to show... people worry about too much supply hurting prices but when you put good stuff out there, people find the money, and in fact when its a big event sale it brings out big event prices in spite of supply.

I like Barry but he is tooo mellow for me zzz when it comes to auctioneer style

Barry did a super job.. And almost 1.6 impressive

I'm sure he does a great job. Just for me, personally, I find his style sleepy.

Couple of nice pieces. I won Tribal Stomp 10th Reunion Concert Poster by Shelton featuring the Freak Brothers. Was eyeing the Freak Brothers cover but went too high, the one pager was also nice but I decided to get the poster art. I have been collecting rock poster art for a number of years. Has Shelton done any other poster artwok?

My buttquotes with zero research are

1 60-80

2 8-10

3 35-45

Given how good my estimates are :insane:

1. I will be surprised if it doesn't crack $75k but not much hire

2. I love batman art but this one does nothing for me I don't think honk it is even on my track list. That said, it may hit someone's sweet spot so I expect closer to $10k than $5k

3. Boy talk about an iconic cover but you know, doesn't excite me but I sure there will be several people chasing it. I can't imagine paying over $50k. Personally I would not bid on it at all since it just doesn't hit my collecting interest.

3 is a tough one to handicap for sure. I saw it as under 50 for some of the same reasons, but all it will take is two people that like it for it to blow past that number. That being said, I don't think it happens.

Under 50 as predicted..... 46