• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 November 17 - 18 Comics Signature Auction - Beverely Hills

462 posts in this topic

WOW! Harvey Comics Library #1 "Teen-Age Dope Slaves" Cover $47K with juice. I know its mentioned in Seduction of the Innocent but didnt know it had that big of a following.

Well it doesn't Brian. If it had a big following it would have gone for a lot more ;)

Buscema Conans are strong this year. The buyers are obviously not listening to the Felix podcast where it was predicted they would be the first to turn to dust when art-mageddon comes.

Am I going to have to wait for another generation to die off before I can buy mine?

Buscema Conans are strong this year. The buyers are obviously not listening to the Felix podcast where it was predicted they would be the first to turn to dust when art-mageddon comes.

Am I going to have to wait for another generation to die off before I can buy mine?

I'm pretty sure those two Conan cover results qualified as "disappointing".

I'm getting e-mails asking why that X-Men #114 page went for only $15.5K. I also thought that Byrne Doc Doom pin-up was super cheap (guessing we'll see it on a dealer site for much more?)

But, yeah, you're going to have to wait a while for the current generation of buyers to age out. We were talking about 15-20 years from now. Obviously the overall market is still very strong now.

I thought the byrne stuff was reasonable in general. I was tempted to bid on that Thing #7 cover and the price didn't seem too bad to me

That's not a bad price at all for a Marvel Byrne cover from 1984. Yeah, very reasonable across the board for Byrne.

I'm getting e-mails asking why that X-Men #114 page went for only $15.5K. I also thought that Byrne Doc Doom pin-up was super cheap (guessing we'll see it on a dealer site for much more?)

But, yeah, you're going to have to wait a while for the current generation of buyers to age out. We were talking about 15-20 years from now. Obviously the overall market is still very strong now.

I thought the two Conan covers were nice but weaker examples of what John had done for the series.

Byrne Doom was a steal.

I think the two Conan covers were nice but maybe a little plain compared to others. Maybe that kept people away.

I agree with you and Brian. Neither was a great example. But, in this hot hot hot market, I still thought they'd fetch more.

Most likely the 114 went for what it did because it was Storm and Banshee as the mains...

Dang, that Johnny Craig VOH cover went cheap, no? I thought the days of these covers selling for that kind of price were long, long gone. Granted, again, not the best example, but, still...