• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

On 6/6/2017 at 8:55 PM, adamstrange said:

This.

I had dinner with Jon and Bonnie last weekend and they asked how the bidding usually goes.  I said that I had seen enough interest already that indicated to me there was still a lot of bidding to come on many of the items.  They both expressed satisfaction with the decision to sell at this time and how the auction was being handled by ComicConnect.

Jon gave me a tour of what remains and, while just a tiny fraction of the original, they are all interesting pieces, many with sentimental value to him.

Mostly original art?

A  little of everything.

6 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

lol Very good. In truth more like 'Waiting for Berk' but I love the alliteration.

Just trying to keep up with the literary wordsmiths around here. Tally ho!

8 hours ago, Flex Mentallo said:

In my case it's ennui. I doubt I'll even bid - and even if I do, I doubt I'll win. Good luck to the rest of you, though!:foryou:

Ennui will be gone soon, look: Since I can't bid because they don't accept my credit card (Amex), I'm gonna talk with Mrs Pickie (Visa) about purchasing some fresh funny books!! :D

19 minutes ago, Pickie said:

Ennui will be gone soon, look: Since I can't bid because they don't accept my credit card (Amex), I'm gonna talk with Mrs Pickie (Visa) about purchasing some fresh funny books!! :D

do they take paypal?  paypal will take amex... if so, problem solved! except don't they cap CC payments at a relatively low $ amount?

Edited by G.A.tor

3 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

they take paypal, and paypal will take amex...problem solved! except don't they cap CC payments at a relatively low $ amount?

$2500 is the limit on credit cards, I send them a lot of personal checks...

I send them lots of checks but they don't always appreciate the special processing performed by my bank.  Evidently they are bothered by "Insufficient Funds."

Go figure.

Just now, adamstrange said:

I send them lots of checks but they don't always appreciate the special processing performed by my bank.  Evidently they are bothered by "Insufficient Funds."

Go figure.

people are just so intolerant these days.

30 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:
30 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Go figure.

people are just so intolerant these days.

well I nevah!

2 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I just got a call from Anthony at Comic Connect reminding me that there is an auction starting on Monday...anybody know anything about an auction and some guy named Berk?

No

2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
2 hours ago, lpsunburst said:

I just got a call from Anthony at Comic Connect reminding me that there is an auction starting on Monday...anybody know anything about an auction and some guy named Berk?

No

Don't let this guy try to hoodwink you!  The auction of Jon Berk's fabulous collection begins July 1 at 9 pm.   

3 minutes ago, Sqeggs said:

Don't let this guy try to hoodwink you!  The auction of Jon Berk's fabulous collection begins July 1 at 9 pm.   

Don't spill the beans!