• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hmmm.......interesting to note that there is now a CGC 9.4 copy of Fantastic 3 listed in their census population report.  hm

Because of who Jon is, he lets people handle the books raw if they want to and I did take the Fantastic 3 out of the mylar.  My prior comment was that the book was 9.4/9.6 so the grade is consistent with what I saw.  It's a spectacular book in person and I'm extremely grateful I was able to see it before it was sealed.

26 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
32 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

45 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hmmm.......interesting to note that there is now a CGC 9.4 copy of Fantastic 3 listed in their census population report.  hm

was just about to ask if anyone wanted to "guess" the grade... boo

FC looks 9.6. No matter, it is beautiful and it will surely shatter the Suspense 3 price.

Looks like there have been quite a few 9.4's and 9.6's added into the census population reports for the Fox books.  Yet at the same time, some of them are still absent of any books in the 9's grade condition range.  For example, only a CGC 4.5 shows up for Mystery Men 1 while a CGC 9.6 shows up for Mystery Men 31.  hm

So, maybe not all of the have been posted yet or some of the Church Fox books are not into the nosebleed uber high grade condition range that we were all hoping for.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine
Grammer

12 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Mysterymen 3 was the only example I could recall seeing two high grade copies.  It's very likely there are a few other duplicates but unlikely both of them to be as high grade and valuable as MM 3.

JonMysteryMen3.jpg

What a great pic! :applause:

The gloss on the Fantastic 3 is stunning.  This cover and National 7 were the two that I fell in love with when I discovered Lou Fine along with his Ray and Black Condor stories reprinted by Alan Light.  I wish I had the foresight back then to buy copies of these books back then.  Some other covers like Wonderworld 4 and Hit 5 were a couple of others.

Oh yeah, I didn't have any money - glad there was a reason o.O

But at least I have managed to acquire National 7, Wonderworld 4, and Hit 5 but the Fantastic 3 will likely forever elude me - too few of them and my wallet is too lean :cry:

7 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

there's only one non centaur I will target ( and hopefully take down!)

Well, Action 1 is a pretty big book after all, and certainly more than enough for most collectors to handle on its own.  lol

Edited by lou_fine

16 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, Action 1 is a pretty big book after all, and certainly more than enough for most collectors to handle on its own.  lol

I think he has had a few Action 1s. I would think there is no money in bidding for a copy unless he keeps it for years(shrug)

1 minute ago, woowoo said:
20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I think he has had a few Action 1s. I would think there is no money in bidding for a copy unless he keeps it for years(shrug)

My mistake.........the Church Fantastic 3 then.  (thumbsu

48 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
53 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

nope

27 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
29 minutes ago, woowoo said:
49 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

My mistake.........the Church Fantastic 3 then.  (thumbsu

nope

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:

(tsk) I take it that's no on Action 7:popcorn:

the action 7 is the court copy (I believe restored, but can't 100% recall)...I certainly will be a player for that book, but it is not a must have

6 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:
55 minutes ago, lou_fine said:
1 hour ago, G.A.tor said:

nope

How deep was Jon's Funny Stuff run?

Just now, G.A.tor said:

the action 7 is the court copy (I believe restored, but can't 100% recall)...I certainly will be a player for that book, but it is not a must have

I was talking on buying a copy from you. The court copy missing the elephant  and I need that.

21 minutes ago, woowoo said:

I was talking on buying a copy from you. The court copy missing the elephant  and I need that.

I've had multiple copies available. I think you didn't like the prices lol

Just now, G.A.tor said:

I've had multiple copies available. I think you didn't like the prices lol

I am starting to learn No pain No gain and every year it hurts more.:preach: Pm me a price if you still have a copy.