• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jimjum12 said:

The collection will certainly have some effect on buying habits within a segment of the market..... but I'm thinking that segment will be in the vast pool of underbidders. The people who will be taking home Jon's better material will just be conducting business as usual. They may sell one of the helicopters or drop a couple of mistresses, but the funds will be there. What I'm curious about is what type of material will be getting sold in an effort to raise stakes for this round of goodies. We all may have the chance to pick up some nice books, both before and after the auction. Here's to watching the Fantastic 3 break 250K..........GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I didn't know Mr Bedrock owned a helicopter :whatthe:

A couple other comments on the collection contents.  There was a run of Marvel Mystery 1 - 92 but that was sold so the only significant Timelys are a number of Human Torches and a couple bound volumes.  There's also a bound volume set of the Planet run.

Sep2015visit_5.jpg

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

I am certainly not dropping any of the mistresses.

3 minutes ago, MrBedrock said:

There are limits to economizing beyond which a man should not be expected to go.

5 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

There are limits to economizing beyond which a man should not be expected to go.

Sad, but true. 

14 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
  1 hour ago, MrBedrock said:

3 hours ago, batman_fan said:

my wife won't let me date, so no mistresses for me to drop :shy:

34 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:
2 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

I am glad they added the note from "FROM THE COLLECTION JON BERK" very nice.

+1

It was a given.

+2

Like I had posted in the other thread, definitely a fully deserved and well earned designation.  (thumbsu

Especially if they gave one to Nicholas Cage who really had virtually no impact at all on this hobby at all, except for his name.  The other collection I felt that deserved recognition was the one from Bob Overstreet, although this collection came out in 1995 or about 5 years before CGC came into existence.  Personally though, it probably should not have been that difficult to keep track of the lineage for his collection of books if they had decided to go that route.  hm(shrug)

On 2/26/2017 at 6:45 PM, adamstrange said:

This is the Church copy of Fantastic 3.

Fantastic3Churchclose.jpg

Hmmm.......interesting to note that there is now a CGC 9.4 copy of Fantastic 3 listed in their census population report.  hm

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/26/2017 at 5:25 AM, lhcomics said:

If JB were bring multiples of HTF and in demand Cap 1's, Suspense 3's, Pep 22's etc then that could hurt. The hobby has plenty of room to absorb the quality investment/classic type stuff.

I strongly doubt that Jon has multiple copies of any of these top end GA books.  :gossip:

The only book that I am aware that he has a duplicate copy of is Mystery Men 3 since he has always considered that to be his favorite cover of all time.  :cloud9:

13 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Hmmm.......interesting to note that there is now a CGC 9.4 copy of Fantastic 3 listed in their census population report.  hm

was just about to ask if anyone wanted to "guess" the grade... boo

7 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

20 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

was just about to ask if anyone wanted to "guess" the grade... boo

FC looks 9.6. No matter, it is beautiful and it will surely shatter the Suspense 3 price.

Edited by Gotham Kid

10 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

I strongly doubt that Jon has multiple copies of any of these top end GA books.  :gossip:

The only book that I am aware that he has a duplicate copy of is Mystery Men 3 since he has always considered that to be his favorite cover of all time.  :cloud9:

Mysterymen 3 was the only example I could recall seeing two high grade copies.  It's very likely there are a few other duplicates but unlikely both of them to be as high grade and valuable as MM 3.

JonMysteryMen3.jpg