• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jon Berk collection to be auctioned.
18 18

3,495 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like there have been quite a few 9.4's and 9.6's added into the census population reports for the Fox books.  Yet at the same time, some of them are still absent of any books in the 9's grade condition range.  For example, only a CGC 4.5 shows up for Mystery Men 1 while a CGC 9.6 shows up for Mystery Men 31.  hm

So, maybe not all of the have been posted yet or some of the Church Fox books are not into the nosebleed uber high grade condition range that we were all hoping for.  (shrug)

If you want to see the grades Chuck listed the Mystery Men at in his original list, look at Rob's data posted on GitHub -

https://github.com/roblarsen/Edgar-Church-Collection-Data/blob/master/src/M-O.csv

They are uniformally in high grade except for # 11 (listed as FN). So, unless something happened, they should all grade high.

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Looks like there have been quite a few 9.4's and 9.6's added into the census population reports for the Fox books.  Yet at the same time, some of them are still absent of any books in the 9's grade condition range.  For example, only a CGC 4.5 shows up for Mystery Men 1 while a CGC 9.6 shows up for Mystery Men 31.  hm

So, maybe not all of the have been posted yet or some of the Church Fox books are not into the nosebleed uber high grade condition range that we were all hoping for.  (shrug)

He's missing a book or two from the runs.  In some cases the Church copy is not uber high grade though they all look spectacular from the front cover.

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

there's only one non centaur I will target ( and hopefully take down!)

3 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

nope

4 hours ago, G.A.tor said:

there's only one non centaur I will target ( and hopefully take down!)

Please don't let it be one of the books I plan to chase :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Johnny545 said:

My first purchase of 2017, if only I had known the 9.4 was coming up for auction I would have been more choosy lol

c024b0b4-3414-40ce-8f5e-2fb1c1d7e232_zpsynvbdimi.jpg

Let me be the first to congratulate you! :golfclap:

And let me be the first to receive the offer to purchase this book from you when you pick up the Berk copy! :busy:

3 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

My first purchase of 2017, if only I had known the 9.4 was coming up for auction I would have been more choosy lol

Very nice looking copy of one of the toughest to find classic covers out there. Congrats!

Nice.....that's a "retirement" book..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

...... While it's nice to see the Berk books hit the block, I sincerely hope that Jon is OK and that this sale isn't one of necessity....

When I spoke to him he was in good spirits and comfortable with the decision to sell, consistent with the public statement he made in the Bleeding Cool article:

“I built this collection to honor the legends behind and on the pages. Now it is time for me to share the collection with the next generation. I hope you will appreciate and safeguard it as much as I have”

The Fantastic 1 Church copy is a 9.8 and the 3 is the 9.4 referenced earlier.

3 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

When I spoke to him he was in good spirits and comfortable with the decision to sell, consistent with the public statement he made in the Bleeding Cool article:

“I built this collection to honor the legends behind and on the pages. Now it is time for me to share the collection with the next generation. I hope you will appreciate and safeguard it as much as I have”

:cloud9:

40 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

:cloud9:

(edit..didn't mean to copy you Jimbo, lol )

Edited by porcupine48

49 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Jon is always a class act!  I hope I manage to get one book to safeguard.

9 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

K, here goes nothing...... what's the big deal with Fantastic 3?

It is the best book in Billy Parker's collection.

2 hours ago, Electron said:
6 hours ago, Johnny545 said:

Very nice looking copy of one of the toughest to find classic covers out there. Congrats!

+1 (thumbsu

29 minutes ago, Martin Sinescu said:

K, here goes nothing...... what's the big deal with Fantastic 3?

Try finding one ... any one. Also, there may be a classic robot cover too. zzz

Edited by Gotham Kid