• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Agreed. But I want to see what the hoopla is.

And Nick buy your bags from Hotflips. I use the CGC books as another form of protection now when I ship books, and use the HotFlips bags for my collection (they look a million times better)

Thanks for that tip back when Nik (thumbs u

Thanks for the advice on the bags, as Brian (bghkoyama) to show me these recently, and I LOVED the look. Now I know where to buy them.

PM sent to Nik, DrWatson, and Resurrection with the details. I'd like your expert opinion if you would call that a straight book and tell someone this when asked.

Maybe I'm looking at this the wrong way.

Fine, even tho i was the first to defend you, dont pm me.

I'll PM you on how my Spidey collection is going. :shrug:

:makepoint:

And Nick buy your bags from Hotflips. I use the CGC books as another form of protection now when I ship books, and use the HotFlips bags for my collection (they look a million times better)

Thanks for the advice on the bags, as Brian (bghkoyama) to show me these recently, and I LOVED the look. Now I know where to buy them.

PM sent to Nik, DrWatson, and Resurrection with the details. I'd like your expert opinion if you would call that a straight book and tell someone this when asked.

:banana:

:acclaim:

:acclaim:

:acclaim: :acclaim:

:sorry:

You're right. I'll share, but the seller saw the photos and now totally agreed the book is cut odd and said to send it back with shipping covered. Solid results!

Wolverine2.jpg

For those of you not in the loop.

This is the book that was sold. And yes I was the seller. When Bosco ask about the cover being crooked I was looking at how terrible the scan looked and agreed but thought the book was straight. Actually I compared my cover to another image I had found on line and the title was crooked on that as well and I thought that was how it had been printed. After seeing the copy he already owns I understood what he meant and offered a full refund with shipping.

As far as the CGC bag goes, well let that be a lesson to a newbie....I took them all out of the bags and more than likely threw the bags away. I had no idea they were important. I will remember that when the next few books come in from CGC.

All and all I have no problem making this right if an error is made. Just ask anyone who has bought from me since I joined on these boards. The guys with the best stories I will keep secret.

Danny

After seeing the copy he already owns I understood what he meant and offered a full refund with shipping.

All and all I have no problem making this right if an error is made. Just ask anyone who has bought from me since I joined on these boards.

Danny

Top man!!!

:applause:

-slym

You're right. I'll share, but the seller saw the photos and now totally agreed the book is cut odd and said to send it back with shipping covered. Solid results!

Wolverine2.jpg

This is the book that was sold. And yes I was the seller. When Bosco ask about the cover being crooked I was looking at how terrible the scan looked and agreed but thought the book was straight. Actually I compared my cover to another image I had found on line and the title was crooked on that as well and I thought that was how it had been printed. After seeing the copy he already owns I understood what he meant and offered a full refund with shipping.

As far as the CGC bag goes, well let that be a lesson to a newbie....I took them all out of the bags and more than likely threw the bags away. I had no idea they were important. I will remember that when the next few books come in from CGC.

All and all I have no problem making this right if an error is made. Just ask anyone who has bought from me since I joined on these boards. The guys with the best stories I will keep secret.

Danny

For the record, I received a handful of raw books from Danny and found them to be accurately graded. But it was odd that they arrived without bags and boards......JUST KIDDING. :kidaround:

For the record, I received a handful of raw books from Danny and found them to be accurately graded. But it was odd that they arrived without bags and boards......JUST KIDDING. :kidaround:

Very funny.... lol wait I sent you the "actually graded correctly" books what was I thinking.

Danny

Yet another missed opportunity for a perfectly good flame war. :(

After seeing the copy he already owns I understood what he meant and offered a full refund with shipping.

All and all I have no problem making this right if an error is made. Just ask anyone who has bought from me since I joined on these boards.

Danny

Top man!!!

-slym

Since nobody knew who the seller was until now, I'll second the statement "Top Man" as once we worked out the slight miscommunication, Danny stepped right up and offered to take the book back. That's a solid seller to me.

Thanks Danny. Book is ready for shipment for tomorrow morning.

Danny

I guess I could have waited for a while and let the pitchforks come out.

There's always next time. :wishluck:

Danny

Top man!!!

-slym

Since nobody knew who the seller was until now, I'll second the statement "Top Man" as once we worked out the slight miscommunication, Danny stepped right up and offered to take the book back. That's a solid seller to me.

Thanks Danny. Book is ready for shipment for tomorrow morning.

Thanks again Nick it's not always fun dealing with people that are new like me but with time we all learn.

I have found that life is easier if you only make the mistakes once, and you can't learn from your mistakes if you don't recognize them for what they are.

Danny

:lol:

WHY CAN I NOT EDIT THE 1st POST IN MY FS THREAD??? Doesn't someone around here know that it's almost crucial to be able to edit our FS lists???

:frustrated:

-slym

You lose the ability to edit posts after something like three days.

WHY CAN I NOT EDIT THE 1st POST IN MY FS THREAD??? Doesn't someone around here know that it's almost crucial to be able to edit our FS lists???

Which makes no sense for a sales thread. I put in a post in the "Ask CGC" section, maybe there is a way to take that function off for the FS section.....

(shrug)

-slym

Which makes no sense for a sales thread. I put in a post in the "Ask CGC" section, maybe there is a way to take that function off for the FS section.....

(shrug)

-slym

Most sellers just post an updated list of the books and whether they have sold or not. It is also a good time to adjust prices on unsold books. Buyers appreciate an updated list as they don't have to scroll through the thread to figure out what is left.

I've dealt with danny/dwip99. He was a pleasure to deal with.

Heh - usually, my FS threads don't get to 3 pages, and wouldn't have this time if there weren't a little camaraderie going on in there! It definitely wasn't because I was selling stuff.

(thumbs u

-slym