• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I don't disagree with that - but my list would have had pics added, not updated. There is a difference.

I still stand by my opinion that FS threads should not have a time-constraint on editing posts.

-slym

Hmm... I've gotten advice from more than one person about putting pics in my threads, even for the "utter junk" (when Greggy comes into one of my sales threads and says that, I know I have "made it" at this site.)

So, do pics make the sale?

Hmm... the poll reads 23-2 in favour of yes.

That means, with my added pics, I truly have only drek.

;)

-slym

I posted this question in 2 other areas but No one will comment so thought I might get a resonse here.

I know there is a formula for the value of restored comics, But how do you put a price on Qualified comics?

Also, Do the different qualifying defects make the comic more or less valuable.

For example, a cut coupon vs. a pulled staple.

Say you had a $500 book in a blue label. What would the same book in the same grade be worth with a green label?

Any info or 1st hand knowledge would be appreciated.

I posted this question in 2 other areas but No one will comment so thought I might get a resonse here.

I know there is a formula for the value of restored comics, But how do you put a price on Qualified comics?

Also, Do the different qualifying defects make the comic more or less valuable.

For example, a cut coupon vs. a pulled staple.

Say you had a $500 book in a blue label. What would the same book in the same grade be worth with a green label?

Any info or 1st hand knowledge would be appreciated.

I know GPA tracks trimmed and incomplete so you might be able to figure it out based on what they have sold for in the past.

That is definitely not formulaic imo. Glod is a very diverse label : unverified sigs that go for very close to blue label prices, missing coupons/pages that go for Plod prices and printing defects that can make it more valuable than either. So it really depends on why it got green.

Also, Do the different qualifying defects make the comic more or less valuable. For example, a cut coupon vs. a pulled staple.

This is why it is difficult to set a formula. A piece missing from a book is much different from something like cleaned staples. Plus, there are varying opinions regarding some defects. Perhaps a better thing to do would be to figure out what a Blue grade would be if the defect were taken into account and go from there.

Also, Do the different qualifying defects make the comic more or less valuable. For example, a cut coupon vs. a pulled staple.

This is why it is difficult to set a formula. A piece missing from a book is much different from something like cleaned staples. Plus, there are varying opinions regarding some defects. Perhaps a better thing to do would be to figure out what a Blue grade would be if the defect were taken into account and go from there.

This is what I was thinking also. Say you have a green label 9.2 with a pulled staple. If it was in a blue label it would be about a 7.0

I wonder how you would price a book like that?

Let me state one thing. People who are in favor of this new broken up sales threads state that its a lot more busy then it used to be. Looking at all the threads today, this is simply not true. Back in Feb, and early March there used to be 2-3 pages of items, for one day. I know because I was actively buying a lot, and selling as well. Since this change, I have not bought a single thing nor sold a single thing out of protest. I HATE this new format, things need to go back to the way they were. And I'm definately not alone in this. :sumo:

Ok, sorry for rantrant

I know a few sellers that have told me they same thing, they are not listing stuff out of protest... but I fail to see what they have to gain by this (shrug)

How can you actively stage a protest against something that used to free, but is now still free but changed somewhat.I mean it's not like there is any leverage as there is no real alternative for the boards. No costs at all, very large customer base with a very low deadbeat ratio and a working self-policing community.

I know there are quite a bunch of sellers out there that are dissatisfied with the changes, but I believe that boycotting their own sales is only hurting themselves.

Well obviously I "protest" didnt' last long, as I did have a sales thread last weekend lol

But, on the other hand I wanted to give a fellow boardie a chance at a Spectacular Spider-Man 1 cgc 9.6, which is gorgeous, and couldnt' do it in the same thread, so I just threw it up on ebay. I agree that cgc is a great place to sell books, with no fee's etc. On the other hand I've broken many a gpa price on ebay though as well. I just like trying to give boardies a great deal, which means under gpa. And starting a 2nd thread just for 1-2 books (like the SS 1 9.6) just seems a bit weird to me.

How can you actively stage a protest against something that used to free, but is now still free but changed somewhat.I mean it's not like there is any leverage as there is no real alternative for the boards. No costs at all, very large customer base with a very low deadbeat ratio and a working self-policing community.

That's not really true, though - as much as I love the boards, and enjoy selling things right here without any fees, ebay as a venue is just as good (if not better) for a lot of books. I've seen tons of un-sold books in sales threads here that I know would sell in a second on ebay for a higher price than the board asking price.

I will personally continue to do both - I'm beginning to realize what sells here & what doesn't, so certain things will just go straight to ebay without being offered here first.

Also ... the new format has severely cut down on my spending here as well. I find it a pain to use, and I'm no longer doing any random BA/SA purchasing because I can't be bothered to keep up with that sub-forum. Which, I'm sure, is good for my personal finances, but no so good for the sellers.

This is what I was thinking also. Say you have a green label 9.2 with a pulled staple. If it was in a blue label it would be about a 7.0

I wonder how you would price a book like that?

I'd say the grade should drop 4-5 grades. How to price it, however you want, but going by the lower graded blue label price makes sense to me.

Andy

I had a post on this thread offering my book for 1,000 in FMV trade. I was informed that I was in violation of the rules. I closed the post.

Is there another thread for trading ? I hope so because comics are suppossed to remind us of our childhood and I did trade comics in my youth.

The title of this thread does not indicate 'Sales' just

'Golden/Silver/Bronze Age Only' = very misleading.

PLEASE advise.