• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

I actually have 4-5 runs left. No joke. Bought that stuff new from Diamond at the time and couldn't sell em out of the shop. See? you don't like me homie yet you'd still buy from me. And at $100 I am about 10 time-sing my $$. Win Win. And it wasn't the first picture, it was WAAAAY down the list. Id say 80-90 pics down. Come on man, gimme some credit.

New sales thread tomorrow. Keys and some GA.

I think Mr Oakman is getting :mad: Don't worry, I'll still sell to you if you want my books. "Your kind" is always welcomed here with me. Come on, I am feeling so much love from all my new friends. I spent the day on here having a blast. Took my daughter to the new cap America movie tonight and she loved it. It was a comic-al day. :banana:

Why do you continue to spin rather than just keep to the conversation? This is an amazing forum where Action #1's and Tec #27's have been sold. You can bring all the cool books you want and take all the money you can but that doesn't answer questions. Almost anybody can bring cool books but can everyone bring honesty?

Many here have kids. Almost everyone here will see the Cap movie if they haven't seen it yet.

Yes, you will always sell your books. This conversation is not about whether you will always sell your books or not. People will buy from Satan if it means some respite from the heat. Books always sell. Reputations don't.

The question is whether the person selling the books is being truthful not whether the books are good or not.

And again, it's not personal but there is a molehill medium hill of evidence making things look questionable.

This is a hard crowd to please (not by my making - I'm just an observer but they're a bunch of frooking attention whores and drama queens) so the dilemma here is whether they approve or not, not me.

And Oak's "your kind" is a board favorite. Don't try to take a dig at Oak.

I'm getting the feeling that this conversation is not really going places.

Roy, really? Did u actually read this thread? What in the world question did I leave unanswered. I dissected every comment made and thrown at me. Ugh. If it's not ok for me to make light of the fact that I have a thick skin, then I apologize for offending you. Your last comment was weird about many of us having daughters and seeing the movie and making digs at your boy oak. Go back and read! Look back and ye shall find the answers u seek almighty wise one.

Gnite

Frank,

Until now I really had a tough time gauging what kind of person you are and exactly how much you knew about what your brother does. Unfortunately your response answered that for me.

Call me a liar, call me trouble, call me a meth-head, call me whatever.

Every word I wrote is the truth. You can't say the same. I could argue what you said point by point and we can continue to go back and forth. But to be honest, I never wanted to get into a back and forth with you.

I wanted to educate board members regarding what I saw as a potential problem. That's all. I have nothing further to add at this point. Good luck and I hope you do right by everyone who buys from you.

You're welcome to have the last word. I have nothing else to say.

And yes, my Brother does have a different take on things. He did tell me that you have a substance prob, I have never witnessed this and I am not saying you do. Who knows and who cares, do what you want in your private life. I told him yesterday about your post and he said stay away from that kid he's trouble. Again, I never witnessed anything. He did also say that re: $$ that you apparently got screwed by some OTHER guy in NYC (weird how you seem to be getting screwed by all these ppl) and he helped recover a large chunk of that $$ for you and you had promised to give him a % of what he could help recover and you never did. Again, this is heresay, I have no clue if it is true.

Then you really shouldn't be flapping you're jaw around here.

Lastly my Brother is 5'6 and I personally have never witnessed him threaten anyone. ha. And as far as criminal activity goes.

5'4"

1239883735_goodfellas_-_joe_pesci.gif

As an onlooker, I'll say this - you know an awful lot about your brother's good dealings and very little, if anything, about about his bad dealings. hm You were involved with him for a period of time in a business. Then there's a big gap when you knew nothing about what he was doing or any of his interactions with people, including Adam. Now you're currently involved with him again in a business. That honestly just seems all too convenient and somewhat fishy.

(shrug)

It's their mess. I was wrongly brought into it. They should work it out. And no. I didn't know the extent of what happened. Only what I had heard from both parties. And stories are vastly diff. My bro works for me. Yes. And we haven't worked together since I bought him out of comic shop in jan '06. His dealings w Adam were post that. He got laid off last summer, I offered him a job when I opened my new shop in November. Nuff said.

It's their mess. I was wrongly brought into it. They should work it out. And no. I didn't know the extent of what happened. Only what I had heard from both parties. And stories are vastly diff. My bro works for me. Yes. And we haven't worked together since I bought him out of comic shop in jan '06. His dealings w Adam were post that. He got laid off last summer, I offered him a job when I opened my new shop in November. Nuff said.

For the record, as far as all of this goes I don't believe that you have no idea what your brother is into.

It's unnatural to not have an idea what a brother is doing, especially if you spend a lot of time working with them (and in a small town no less) but in my books Adam's account trumps anything else.

Remember how you said via PM to me that you didn't know what I was talking about when I said that the facts are not always the truth?

Well you might sell books cheap or ship quick (the facts) but that doesn't change what has transpired (the truth).

I wish you the best of luck in sorting out things between you and your brother. I really do. Lifestyles like that take a toll on family and friends.

Your like the energizer bunny. you just keep going and going. I met Adam, maybe 4 times in my life. I don't really KNOW the guy any better than I know you. I've known my Brother all my life and well, I honestly don't know who to believe but I do find it HARD to believe the allegations Adam is throwing into this are 100% the truth. No one really knows the truth besides Adam and Greg.. Like I said, let them figure out their mess. I want no part of it. I have about as much of a right being dragged into it as you do.

Very very good point actually and that's something that I will deal with personally.

Adam's reputation is 100% stellar and I absolutely believe his side of the story. Your brother is obviously a POS. Stating that you're unaware of your brother's poor character and repeating stories about Adam's drug habit is frankly unbelievable and that makes you a liar and untrustworthy. It's very fair to associate you with your brother considering you're brothers, you've been in business together, he currently works for you.

You may sell a few books here but most of us will avoid you like the plague.