• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

So what happens when a person says they will take books if I can wait for a few days for payment. I say ok, not a problem. Few days turn into a week, meanwhile from the time he asked to take the books he bought and paid for something else on the boards that I noticed. At this point I'm just going to dead the sale, so that's not the problem. I'm just curious if backing out of deals is something other people need to be aware of.

Did you follow up with him and ask him to pay you now? Did he say specifically how many days he would wait to pay?

So what happens when a person says they will take books if I can wait for a few days for payment. I say ok, not a problem. Few days turn into a week, meanwhile from the time he asked to take the books he bought and paid for something else on the boards that I noticed. At this point I'm just going to dead the sale, so that's not the problem. I'm just curious if backing out of deals is something other people need to be aware of.

This has arisen before. If you work out a payment deal with the boardie, outside transactions shouldn't matter. Maybe he asked to pay you in a couple weeks because he knew he committed to another book and only could take yours with that stipulation.

He may be a complete tool who will never pay, but until that happens the payment schedule you work out only needs to apply to your transaction.

I am pretty reasonable with people having things come up and not being able to pay on time. Telling me you are waiting on your Ebay auctions to end before you can pay me, that's cool. But I feel you shouldn't say I'll take the books in a PM if you then commit to something else the next day, pay for that, leaving me hanging on money that seemingly never shows up from Ebay auctions.

Rather shady business on his end.

What happened in that sales thread was completely out of line.

It's especially choice that one member is trying to take somebody to task for what he perceives is an "inappropriate" post while in the midst of performing a complete threadkrap himself.

Not only that, but probably one of the stupidest things I've seen on here, and that is a high bar. When CGC sees books getting cracked out, they are not insulted, they are thinking cha-Ching. A huge part of their marketing is getting people to crack and resub books. A book can't get resubbed if it isn't cracked. So complete logic fail plus threadcrap equals douchebagatron.

I am pretty reasonable with people having things come up and not being able to pay on time. Telling me you are waiting on your Ebay auctions to end before you can pay me, that's cool. But I feel you shouldn't say I'll take the books in a PM if you then commit to something else the next day, pay for that, leaving me hanging on money that seemingly never shows up from Ebay auctions.

Rather shady business on his end.

Unless something is specifically worked out between buyer and seller BEFORE the buyer commits to buy the book, the buyer should immediately pay for the book or at least within 24 hours. It just seems like good business, we shouldn’t need rules to state this.

A buyer committing to purchase books and then not paying while at the same time buying other books :facepalm:

Question on protocol.

Just bought a slabbed book, it arrived, with the case cracked. Package looked ok, but it must have gotten smushed cause the top corner was cracked, there was a big opening in the case on the side and the top left post was loose (and there's a small piece of the case inside.

I have no complaints about the shipping. Bubble wrap and one of these type boxes was used (a new one, not a recycled amazon one, just that type of packaging):

amazon+box+4.jpg

which are used frequently here on the site.

The seller has been great and offered to get it reslabbed at no cost to me, and to get it done via him (so Im shipping the book back to him).

He's a good boardie in fine standing, and has been a regular poster for a year...

my question is, should I ask for my money back until the book comes back to me (when he recieves it and ships it to me I'd pay him)?

I know I could just re-sub it myself, but the seller was in the UK (so I pay no duties/taxes for the book coming to me in Belgium), if it comes to me direct from the US, It'll likely get stuck in customs and theres a decent chance I get stuck paying the 33% tax on the book, which for this book means an extra $265!

thus Im going to go thru the seller to get it done.

So what is protocol?

I would have worked it out with the seller and not advertised this here.

+1

And that would be protocol. ;)

Why not pose a question to the boards, like 1,000 whiny babies do daily, and see what the consensus is?

After recieving feedback, he can decide how to proceed. No names were used, he didn't even criticize the seller.

He asked a question and got a bunch of opinions. Seems you misread this post. (thumbs u

Question on protocol.

Just bought a slabbed book, it arrived, with the case cracked. Package looked ok, but it must have gotten smushed cause the top corner was cracked, there was a big opening in the case on the side and the top left post was loose (and there's a small piece of the case inside.

I have no complaints about the shipping. Bubble wrap and one of these type boxes was used (a new one, not a recycled amazon one, just that type of packaging):

amazon+box+4.jpg

which are used frequently here on the site.

The seller has been great and offered to get it reslabbed at no cost to me, and to get it done via him (so Im shipping the book back to him).

He's a good boardie in fine standing, and has been a regular poster for a year...

my question is, should I ask for my money back until the book comes back to me (when he recieves it and ships it to me I'd pay him)?

I know I could just re-sub it myself, but the seller was in the UK (so I pay no duties/taxes for the book coming to me in Belgium), if it comes to me direct from the US, It'll likely get stuck in customs and theres a decent chance I get stuck paying the 33% tax on the book, which for this book means an extra $265!

thus Im going to go thru the seller to get it done.

So what is protocol?

I would have worked it out with the seller and not advertised this here.

+1

And that would be protocol. ;)

Why not pose a question to the boards, like 1,000 whiny babies do daily, and see what the consensus is?

After recieving feedback, he can decide how to proceed. No names were used, he didn't even criticize the seller.

He asked a question and got a bunch of opinions. Seems you misread this post. (thumbs u

Sometimes the subtle hint just misses the mark.

the awesome seller and I have agreed on how we're handling all aspects of this topic. And I've learned my lesson, don't ask for peoples opinions about things here on the message board.... so moving on...

wait, now what should we do?

;)

the awesome seller and I have agreed on how we're handling all aspects of this topic. And I've learned my lesson, don't ask for peoples opinions about things here on the message board.... so moving on...

;)

Enjoy your book :foryou:

;)

Enjoy your book :foryou:

+1

Anybody here know if this eBay seller is on here?

username is Hobbiesrus

I won an auction this last Friday at 8pm. Seller sends 4 to 5 invoices within less than 2 hrs of auction ending. Was busy all weekend, people have lives to live and people to see.

Today seller files a dispute stating no pay. Auction didn't state when payment needs to be made. I usually pay within 3 business days and so far, I see it as 2 business days has barely pass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Uncanny-XMen-Superhero-comic-book-lot-collection-100-VF-143-300-/201126474062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Kxgb9ah3XEzD9h%252Fl47hTsxWgRYY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_155wt_1047

So far with the seller sending numerous invoices just annoyed me and now filed a dispute because I didn't pay? So far, I'm leaning towards a negative feedback.

So my question is: What is the rule of thumb to pay for an auction when or if it ends on a weekend? Mine is 3 business days max.

Anybody here know if this eBay seller is on here?

username is Hobbiesrus

I won an auction this last Friday at 8pm. Seller sends 4 to 5 invoices within less than 2 hrs of auction ending. Was busy all weekend, people have lives to live and people to see.

Today seller files a dispute stating no pay. Auction didn't state when payment needs to be made. I usually pay within 3 business days and so far, I see it as 2 business days has barely pass.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-Comics-Uncanny-XMen-Superhero-comic-book-lot-collection-100-VF-143-300-/201126474062?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=Kxgb9ah3XEzD9h%252Fl47hTsxWgRYY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_155wt_1047

So far with the seller sending numerous invoices just annoyed me and now filed a dispute because I didn't pay? So far, I'm leaning towards a negative feedback.

So my question is: What is the rule of thumb to pay for an auction when or if it ends on a weekend? Mine is 3 business days max.

Did he open an unpaid item case or did he request to cancel the transaction?

If ebay allowed him to open an unpaid item case it could just be automatic however, you can't open an unpaid item case within two days of the auction ending. My point is, its a non-issue.

Just pay and move on.

Whats your ebay id BTW?

he messaged me and stated he open a case because lately he has been having winners not pay and he opened a case because he stated after 2 invoices he opens it.

To me that is just bad business. It's like when a buyer opens a dispute without notifying the seller about the issues they have.

I already paid him.

he messaged me and stated he open a case because lately he has been having winners not pay and he opened a case because he stated after 2 invoices he opens it.

Sounds reasonable

remember, ebay doesn't let a seller open an unpaid item case an hour after the auction ends. There are time lines put in place for buyers and sellers.

Sounds reasonable

remember, ebay doesn't let a seller open an unpaid item case an hour after the auction ends. There are time lines put in place for buyers and sellers.

Pretty sure it's like four days, isn't it? I know you used to not be able to open one prior to seven days.