• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

God I love when people post 5 figure books with no back cover picture and an image taken from like 5 feet away. You can afford the book but you can't afford a scanner?

My favorite is when it's on their store's website for sale at the same time. lol

God I love when people post 5 figure books with no back cover picture and an image taken from like 5 feet away. You can afford the book but you can't afford a scanner?

My favorite is when it's on their store's website for sale at the same time. lol

And it's still my pet peeve when folks call it, "The Bay."

Dan

This will not bother you.

reference.gif

Edited by ChiSoxFan

Dan

This will not bother you.

reference.gif

:applause:

Dan

Dan

Maybe it is just me, but anytime I see someone post that if it doesn't sell it is going to ebay I read that as almost like a threat.

lol me too, but I could never figure out why. Like ohhhhhh I better buy this or its going on Ebay. Oh the horror!

Dan

Maybe it is just me, but anytime I see someone post that if it doesn't sell it is going to ebay I read that as almost like a threat.

lol me too, but I could never figure out why. Like ohhhhhh I better buy this or its going on Ebay. Oh the horror!

For me, it depends on the seller. From some it reads like a squeeze tactic, for others just a heads up that the book will be available there if anyone is still mulling it over.

Dan

For me, it depends on the seller. From some it reads like a squeeze tactic, for others just a heads up that the book will be available there if anyone is still mulling it over.

I feel better, lol...I'll say that if my books don't sell...just because I'd like to actually SELL them...

and I want to give people a heads up..esp since many times I just decide to start the leftovers at 99 cents and I'd like to see familiar faces bidding.

I'm going to have to rethink how I word stuff;) :fear:

I need opinions. :foryou:

I recently purchased a Strangers in Paradise lot HERE.

I PMed the seller several times to ask if they were First Printings. The seller didn't really seem to understand how the series was set up and just replied "I assume they are."

There are three volumes. Vol. 1 is the volume most people want (obviously). There are only three issues in that volume. I know those three issues weren't included with this set. But Volume 2 was included and that volume has second and third printings. I asked the seller several times to confirm that Volume 2 were all first printings. The guy clearly didn't know what he had. I sent him 6 books in particular including the actual images of the books to confirm they were first printing. He said he checked and they were all first printings.

He sent his eBay accounts when I asked about his packaging/shipping. I should have realized when I looked at what he actually sells that he really isn't a comic book dealer in any sense of the word.

winorbust and 1998yanks

I get the books today and here is what I wrote him:

Hey John,

I got the books. Thank you for the fast shipping and secure packaging...

BUT there are a few issues. :sorry:

One of the key issues I asked you to check to see if it was a First Printing - Vol.2 #2 :

I saw this and immediately felt GULP:

dpgsk7.jpg

Sure enough it's a Second Printing. doh!

Then I'm missing Vol. 3 #1 -- this issue shown in your photos.

j5l8p3.jpg

#7 is a Gold Logo Reprint (there is no regular edition #7).

Finally, this is my fault, but I guess I expected the books to all be bagged and boarded. Many are missing boards and some don't even have bags! :eek:

Please let me know what you'd like to do. I don't think it's worth it for either of us for me to ship the books back for a full refund, but I think some sort of partial refund would be a fair compromise since I'm missing a couple key books and will need to buy bags and boards.

-Justin

I figured it's going to be expensive for both of us to ship them back so I figured - what the heck, if he wants to throw me a partial refund, I'll just suck it up and make the best out of whatever I have.

His response is kind of snide and he says just send them back. I asked if he would cover the return shipping since this is his mistake and he said he will not cover the return shipping.

As far as Volume 3 #1 -- he replied that it is in the box and he expects it back? But it's not!

Instead I ended up with this random Vertigo book in there. ???

35006fp.jpg

Would you expect the seller in this case to pay return shipping when I asked him specifically if certain books were first printings AND there are books missing.

I need opinions. :foryou:

I recently purchased a Strangers in Paradise lot HERE.

I PMed the seller several times to ask if they were First Printings. The seller didn't really seem to understand how the series was set up and just replied "I assume they are."

There are three volumes. Vol. 1 is the volume most people want (obviously). There are only three issues in that volume. I know those three issues weren't included with this set. But Volume 2 was included and that volume has second and third printings. I asked the seller several times to confirm that Volume 2 were all first printings. The guy clearly didn't know what he had. I sent him 6 books in particular including the actual images of the books to confirm they were first printing. He said he checked and they were all first printings.

He sent his eBay accounts when I asked about his packaging/shipping. I should have realized when I looked at what he actually sells that he really isn't a comic book dealer in any sense of the word.

winorbust and 1998yanks

I get the books today and here is what I wrote him:

Hey John,

I got the books. Thank you for the fast shipping and secure packaging...

BUT there are a few issues. :sorry:

One of the key issues I asked you to check to see if it was a First Printing - Vol.2 #2 :

I saw this and immediately felt GULP:

dpgsk7.jpg

Sure enough it's a Second Printing. doh!

Then I'm missing Vol. 3 #1 -- this issue shown in your photos.

j5l8p3.jpg

#7 is a Gold Logo Reprint (there is no regular edition #7).

Finally, this is my fault, but I guess I expected the books to all be bagged and boarded. Many are missing boards and some don't even have bags! :eek:

Please let me know what you'd like to do. I don't think it's worth it for either of us for me to ship the books back for a full refund, but I think some sort of partial refund would be a fair compromise since I'm missing a couple key books and will need to buy bags and boards.

-Justin

I figured it's going to be expensive for both of us to ship them back so I figured - what the heck, if he wants to throw me a partial refund, I'll just suck it up and make the best out of whatever I have.

His response is kind of snide and he says just send them back. I asked if he would cover the return shipping since this is his mistake and he said he will not cover the return shipping.

As far as Volume 3 #1 -- he replied that it is in the box and he expects it back? But it's not!

Instead I ended up with this random Vertigo book in there. ???

35006fp.jpg

Would you expect the seller in this case to pay return shipping when I asked him specifically if certain books were first printings AND there are books missing.

Seller should just refund your money and tell you to keep the all the books.

Total seller failure all around.

Sue the pants off him Swick :D

xxx ooo

Rupp

PS - on the flip side, that Geek book isn't a bad read ;)

It seems like the three most fair options would be to;

1) Send you the books that are missing

2) Work out a partial refund to compensate you for the books that are missing. I don't know much about SIP, but aren't the books missing the most important ones?

3) Offer a full refund that includes the return shipping since the mistake was his, even if it was unintentional.