• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

your response is stupid

The sue him part was... that's a given.

Unfortunately, if you sent second prints instead of first prints... especially after SPECIFICALLY being asked by a potential buyer which one they were... then you are at fault.

Just suck it up and compensate him for his loss. Swick wouldn't lie about a missing book. Ask anyone, he's a good egg.

Easy peasy and you will then get to make more mistakes here that you can fix later ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Hello,

Your response seem fair,

Harvey and I are in a dispute about one of books missing, I know I sent it he claims he didn't get it.

So what do you do?

John

Justin (HarveySwick) has always shown that his is very honest and caring. You are rather new here. If a mistake was made, it would help your future sales if you would just admit the possibility of a mistake and work out either a full return with complete return shipping, or do as he asked and offer a fair partial refund.

You catch more flies with honey and of course ANYONE could make a mistake, especially with different printings involved..

I also have two years of problem free transactions here. I offered a $5 compromise on shipping, it cost me $11.57 to ship the box, we clearly have a dispute. So the forum really prosecutes people over a matter like this?

Hello,

Your response seem fair,

Harvey and I are in a dispute about one of books missing, I know I sent it he claims he didn't get it.

So what do you do?

John

What arrived is what matters. Pretty unlikely that sneaky comic books gnomes broke into the package, took out the one book, sealed it up and then sent it on its way. But then again gnomes have been known to have questionable business practices.

Step 1 - Steal underpants

Step 2 - ?

Step 3 - Profit!!!

I also have two years of problem free transactions here. I offered a $5 compromise on shipping, it cost me $11.57 to ship the box, we clearly have a dispute. So the forum really prosecutes people over a matter like this?

You have 1 year and 6 months (more or less) of basically being here to sell. HarveySwick takes part in the Community. I'm not sure I've ever even seen him sell a book.

It's a matter of a probation list, not a prosecution. Wouldn't it be wiser to spend $11.57 and look like a nice, caring community member, instead of getting upset over the loss of $6?

listen I'm quite intelligent and know the business side of the boards.

just refund the money including return shipping and move on. arguing about it isn't going to make things better.

there is a time to cut your losses, this is one of them

You have 1 year and 6 months (more or less) of basically being here to sell. HarveySwick takes part in the Community. I'm not sure I've ever even seen him sell a book.

It's a matter of a probation list, not a prosecution. Wouldn't it be wiser to spend $11.57 and look like a nice, caring community member, instead of getting upset over the loss of $6?

HS has sold me plenty of Drek

I checked every book front and back to make sure there weren't two books per bag and board. I literally flipped book by book putting them in order as the seller had mixed Volume 2 in with Volume 3.

There is no Volume 3 #1. I checked three times at my office because the seller insisted that he lacked it. Even tonight, I pulled the box from my car to check it for a fourth time and the issue just isnt there. (shrug)

I tried to explain that I don't want this to be an issue. I just don't think I should have to pay the shipping cost when I was pretty clear with my question regarding the printings:

I don't know how I could have been any clearer. :D Here is what I posted in our communications since the seller seemed confused:

I think we're talking about the same books - "Vol. 3" is 1996-2007 Abstract Studios (113 issues) and 1997 Image (12 issues). Vol. 2 are the only books I just wanted to make sure are first prints.

These are the six books that have second and third printings:

syq9gk.jpg

2mesoye.jpg

2j5gitf.jpg

2mg9j6c.jpg

i2ir8i.jpg

2ensrj6.jpg

If you checked through and it appears that they are first prints please send me your PayPal address and I'll get you paid up today. :foryou:

He told me he checked and all were first printings - despite the fact that the second book out of six said "Second Print" on the backing board and says "2nd printing" on the first page - where I specifically asked him to look.

I suggested the partial refund originally because I thought it would be a headache for both of us to deal with a return despite me not even wanting the books in the condition they were received.

Now I just want a refund incl. shipping costs and wipe my hands of the deal. I've told the seller that I'll give him a shipping quote on Monday. If he repays me, great. Otherwise, I'll just nominate him for the probation list.

I asked all of the questions and he answered them all giving me false answers.

HS has sold me plenty of Drek

:eyeroll:

Take advice from us stupid people.

The more you drag this out... the more those ebay accounts will be passed around... and the more you will be singled out as a problem seller.

Act swiftly ... and you can walk away unscathed and just try harder next time ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I never gave false answers to anyone.
I suggest complying with Justin's request. I can't place a price on my reputation here. How much is your reputation here worth to you?