• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Three best books in the lot:

Vol. 2 #1 - check

Vol. 2 #2 - didn't get

Vol. 3 #1 - didn't get

I also didn't get Vol. 2 #7 and he said most of the books are NM and the few pics he shows are all bagged and boarded.

I received several books that are complete trash with not even bags and about half only have bags with no boards.

Seller responded that he's not doing a partial refund or covering the return shipping costs so my options are:

1) keep something significantly less than what I thought I was buying or

2) eat a $20-$30 shipping charge to send them back. :boo:

I need opinions. :foryou:

He sent his eBay accounts when I asked about his packaging/shipping. I should have realized when I looked at what he actually sells that he really isn't a comic book dealer in any sense of the word.

winorbust and 1998yanks

Why is he selling under two accounts?

He pays for return shipping especially since he screwed up. This is not a disagreement on grading, this is him not delivering advertised items. He pays the shipping.

Seller doesn't think he did anything wrong.

I spoke with him on the phone. He sounds very young and obviously doesn't understand that some books have first and second printings. doh!

He's going to refund me + $5 shipping. :D

Still going to lose $$$. It's a giant box. Awesome.

This will teach me to buy from unknown sellers. :flamed:

Seller doesn't think he did anything wrong.

I spoke with him on the phone. He sounds very young and obviously doesn't understand that some books have first and second printings. doh!

He's going to refund me + $5 shipping. :D

Still going to lose $$$. It's a giant box. Awesome.

This will teach me to buy from unknown sellers. :flamed:

Not good enough.

Why should you accept losing money when none of it was your fault?

You asked the right questions. It was his negligence and inability to know what he's selling and to even include the books he showed and promised.

You had posted this a little while ago:

Seller responded that he's not doing a partial refund or covering the return shipping costs so my options are:

1) keep something significantly less than what I thought I was buying or

2) eat a $20-$30 shipping charge to send them back. :boo:

You forgot

3) Nominate him for the probation list in a loud clear voice until they can see the flames and smell the charred flesh, from his burning reputation, from outer space.

But are return shipping costs enough for a Probation List nomination? hm

I would think so. Return shipping charges would be part of your refund. If he doesn't refund you in full, I'd think it would be PL worthy if you wanted to go that route. 2c

But are return shipping costs enough for a Probation List nomination? hm

I would think so. Return shipping charges would be part of your refund. If he doesn't refund you in full, I'd think it would be PL worthy if you wanted to go that route. 2c

I agree completely. The seller has made material errors and is wholly responsible. The PL is appropriate. I would imagine just serving the seller the obligatory PM notice may get things moving. :wishluck:

Quick question. I had some one take a book then not pay me for two weeks after the invoice. I specifically put in the thread to reply to all PM's in 24hr and Pay in 48hr. I let that slid and sent him a message when he paidthat I was TDY( away for work for all you civilians) and would send as soon as I got back.This message was unread as of today and I receive a dispute from Paypal from him for non receipt of item without ever contacting me here. I now do not feel comfortable to send a book. I already provide a full refund but wanted some opinions.

Refund him. He sounds like nothing but a problem and if you send the book who knows what new problem he will have. If you were feeling really nice, you could send him a message via email listed in paypal and see what he says.

Refund him. He sounds like nothing but a problem and if you send the book who knows what new problem he will have. If you were feeling really nice, you could send him a message via email listed in paypal and see what he says.

I refunded his money and it looks like he may have left the board after some issues in the Probation section while I was away.

Hello,

Your response seem fair,

Harvey and I are in a dispute about one of books missing, I know I sent it he claims he didn't get it.

So what do you do?

John

Harvey is one of the finest/most upstanding members on the boards and was last years Formitte of the year for a reason. If he said it wasn't in the shipment, then it wasn't in the shipment. Sometimes people make mistakes when packing, it happens. Hence the reason why "The Geek" was in there. Maybe you grabbed the wrong book while packing and made a mistake? You should make things whole and either have him ship everything back to you at your cost, or work out a partial refund to make things square.