• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

and its fair that I gave Harvey my ebay accounts in a private message, and he posted them here publicly in a dispute thread?

So you think eBay screen names are private?

I usually don't have any problem with my Ebay accounts being known or seen, however when my ebay accounts are made public attached to a negative post about me as a seller overall, (especially when that information was intended to be private) it can definitely hurt a reputation. In fact although he says that he was trying to give me the benefit of the doubt by posting my account names, in the same breath he publicly proclaimed what I considered NM comics "trash".

Your posts are also doing a good job of this as well.

Harvey just found the comic he said I didn't send him. Does that change your opinion?

Not really. Speaking of math, you should do the calculations on the number of people that will not deal with you after each of your posts.

The seller clearly doesn't understand that he is wrong. That he sold several books to me confirming that they're all first prints when several, including one of the six books I specifically inquired about, were second prints or reprints.

He also told me that most of the books were NM when I asked about the condition. His sales thread was very clever showing books with bags and boards. There was no indication I would receive the books that I got. (shrug)

I filed a PayPal claim. I told the seller that I'll nominate him Monday for the Probation List if he won't rimburse me for the shipping.

This entire transaction has been a nightmare. :flamed:

Not really. Speaking of math, you should do the calculations on the number of people that will not deal with you after each of your posts.

I diidn't make this public, but when my good reputation is attacked I defend it.

and its fair that I gave Harvey my ebay accounts in a private message, and he posted them here publicly in a dispute thread?

I usually don't have any problem with my Ebay accounts being known or seen, however when my ebay accounts are made public attached to a negative post about me as a seller overall, (especially when that information was intended to be private) it can definitely hurt a reputation. In fact although he says that he was trying to give me the benefit of the doubt by posting my account names, in the same breath he publicly proclaimed what I considered NM comics "trash".

Harvey just found the comic he said I didn't send him. Does that change your opinion?

No. You are coming off like a jerk. You may not be one, but your posts are sure making it seem that way.

Did you look at the picture of the book he received and the picture of the book you showed in your sales thread?

"One of these things is not like the other"

I diidn't make this public, but when my good reputation is attacked I defend it.

Ok, so now that the missing book is resolved....

What reason are you giving for not paying for the return shipping? There is still the issue of the re prints, that I believe he specifically asked you about before you sent them. (shrug)

Edited by AntBrown

What reason are you giving for not paying for the return shipping? There is still the issue of the re prints, that I believe he specifically asked you about before you sent them. (shrug)

I just told him I will send him the two he is complaining about, and by the way the lot was for 115 comics.

John,

It is pretty clear you and you alone either messed up by accident or on purpose.

If you are concerned with your reputation as a seller, just say "sorry" and gladly accept the books back + return shipping.

Bottom line, you have a reasonable customer who is not happy with his purchase as you did not meet terms of the deal. Take it all back, pay the return shipping, apologize, learn from this so you can sell another day. This is not really all that difficult.

I just told him I will send him the two he is complaining about, and by the way the lot was for 115 comics.

Have you ever considered a career in PR?

Do you know the price of tea in China by chance?

The number of books is irrelevant. If he didn't get everything he paid for and in the condition described, its up to you to make it right.

Edited by AntBrown

I offered to make resolution for the two books he's complaing about.

But didn't you already tell him to just send the books back for a refund in your initial contact? Why did you change your mind now?

Also, you're not addressing the fact that the books were not in the condition described.

P1180918_zpskloh52aw.jpg

P1180919_zpsconxedhl.jpg

P1180920_zpsnmzipsbp.jpg

almost all of them are NM

Looking at these photos and receiving this reply, would anyone anticipate receiving more than half of the books without boards and some not even in bags?

I just want a refund and to move on from this headache.

I stand by my condition description.

I offered full refund at first complaint.

The dispute was return shipping

I shipped all books, two books were not the printing he was expecting. I can resolve that. My mistake, unfamiliar with the series, He knew that I was confused with the production runs.