• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

My first impression is that I would never want to stretch my purchases out over 7 or 8 months at a time like that. Especially the way books are going from $3 to $50 seemingly overnight. That being said, you both appeared to have agreed to that method so unless there is something missing, if he owes you books, he owes them. He can't just change his mind, especially for the ones you already paid for.

Is it possible that there was some sort of mis-communication and he thinks that you flaked on him or something?

My first impression is that I would never want to stretch my purchases out of 7 or 8 months at a time like that.

+1

Maybe for a key book or two, but no way on a large order like that. Who is the seller?

I run piles for my buyers over a year sometimes, check my feedback. If things go up, well then they do. I sold a Dr Strange #1 to a nice boardie in the UK in vf shape for $30 a long time ago. I still have it in front of me, just about to ship out now. Same book probably go for $60 right now. I would never think of "losing it". Right now as we speak I have piles for 7 people that range anywhere from 1 week to a year. But all their books are pulled and in their pile!

Regardless of personal thoughts on length of time of a pile both parties agreed to wait until a short box was full.

Also I'm sure I'm not the only person this seller keeps piles for either.

And this is skirting the issue, I'm more upset over the avoidance here.

I should also mention the seller has posted numerous times since the PM's and even started a couple new sales threads.

Edited by comicnut

I run piles for my buyers over a year sometimes, check my feedback. If things go up, well then they do. I sold a Dr Strange #1 to a nice boardie in the UK in vf shape for $30 a long time ago. I still have it in front of me, just about to ship out now. Same book probably go for $60 right now. I would never think of "losing it". Right now as we speak I have piles for 7 people that range anywhere from 1 week to a year. But all their books are pulled and in their pile!

Regardless of personal thoughts on length of time of a pile both parties agreed to wait until a short box was full.

I should also mention the seller has posted numerous times since the PM's and even started a couple new sales threads.

Out the seller.

Out the seller.

He gives you the exact date to look at to find the seller. Don't be lazy.

Out the seller.

He gives you the exact date to look at to find the seller. Don't be lazy.

I'm not lazy, but stupid. Tell us

He bought some $3 books on 11/14/12

I see 11/13/2012 and 11/15/2012 but nothing on the 14th, though it could easily have been via pm.

I guess I'm trying to gauge opinion. Do you think I could have done more? I think I reminded and asked enough times. How many times do you remind a person? How long do you wait?

A lot of stuff was bought via PM and I didn't claim in the thread, the seller was to take down items as he did when his stuff sold normally. It wasn't supposed to be general knowledge that you could buy books for other than ask.

I guess I'm trying to gauge opinion. Do you think I could have done more? I think I reminded and asked enough times. How many times do you remind a person? How long do you wait?

A lot of stuff was bought via PM and I didn't claim in the thread, the seller was to take down items as he did when his stuff sold normally. It wasn't supposed to be general knowledge that you could buy books for other than ask.

I think you need to send him a separate PM and tell him you are going to post on the probation thread and propose him for it if he does not answer and solve this in 3 days.

My guess is, he'll answer...if I've guessed correctly as to who it is. Even nice people sometimes need a slight kick in the whatever.

He needs to answer you, especially since you've sent him money.

If he doesn't, continue the process, he'll answer.

Anyone know where I can find a Darth Vader #3 variant for sale??

I haven't been able to find one ANYWHERE!! :ohnoez: