• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:insane:

I never agreed to a $5 refund. He told me to call him. I did when I was driving home. When I got home he threw out - "I'll give you $5 towards shipping. That's it. Then end. Take it. Take it."

I said I had to go and would write him more later.

I've also posted my first response to him in this thread. I explained to him a short while ago that I was initially trying to be polite. I did mention the condition by explaining I thought the books would have been bagged and boarded in my initial response to him.

I did initially offer a partial refund just because I was trying to avoid a headache. He said no - ship them back and that he wasn't paying for shipping.

There's clearly something that is missing with him. :insane:

I filed a PayPal claim. I'll package up the books well and wait for his response via the PayPal claim. Then I'll ship the books back to him. If he doesn't refund my shipping, I will nominate him for the Probation List and add his eBay accounts to the eBay Blocked User thread. This argument with him is just going in circles. He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong.

BTW

In his initial complaint Harvey made no mention of any condition issues, and requested either a partial refund or a full refund.

Since then he found a book he claimed was missing,and refuses to accept any resolution for the two books that I take responsibility for.

I also offered to refund him $5 toward shipping which at one time he agreed to, (before he made this all public) that should be about $11

Probation worthy?

Is there a specific language we can say "yes" in that you will actually acknowledge.

The first thing he noticed was the missing book and the second print you promised was a first. Upon further review, and because you admit you don't know much about the comics you are selling, he looked closer at the books and realized your grading was as good as your knowledge of identifing different printings.

Drawing lines in the sand only works for beachcombers and castaways.

When people do it in business it only winds up costing them money.

BTW

In his initial complaint Harvey made no mention of any condition issues, and requested either a partial refund or a full refund.

Since then he found a book he claimed was missing,and refuses to accept any resolution for the two books that I take responsibility for.

I also offered to refund him $5 toward shipping which at one time he agreed to, (before he made this all public) that should be about $11

Probation worthy?

I want to add here, that as I understand the subtext, you are naturally reluctant to assume the burden of return shipping on the whole lot of books, when it is only some of the books that the buyer is complaining about.

Be that as it may, the buyer's dissatisfaction is general enough, with the books as a whole, that when added to the material errors of the order, it is IMO good business sense to not compound the buyer's unhappiness with further burdens that, in the end, only compound the damage done to your reputation.

You are receiving good advice from the members here. Fix it. Fix it whether or not you think the criticism of your books is entirely fair in every instance, fix it because its the smart thing to do in business...leave no unhappy customers.

Harvey,

Someone who thought they did nothing wrong wouldn't offer you resolution for the comics your complaining about.

Actually plenty of sellers offer full refunds plus shipping for dissatisfied customers, regardless of whether or not they believe themselves to be at fault. It's not universal, but it's not rare by any stretch, it's fairly common. I would say 99.9% percent of sellers here on these boards would offer full refund plus shipping, and the 0.1 would leave the boards. You left out books, you got printings wrong after being asked. You didn't bag and board all books, your conditions didn't match descriptions.

At this point, it doesn't matter, as you've damaged yourself beyond repair, so do what you want. Harvey will essentially have paid the post office $11 to keep you from doing business here again.

Just make it end. Take the return and pay for the shipping. You are not going to win this battle. And you will definitely lose the war.

That war is already lost. I imagine there's plenty of buyers here -- like myself -- who normally don't comment in this thread, but who definitely watch how people do business and adjust their own "Do not buy from" lists accordingly. I know I have done exactly that tonight.

Who are you guys kidding you'll all buy from someone if the deal is good.

Anddddddd..... BOOM! You officially lost all of your credibility here.

Are there people on the boards that will buy from anyone if the price is right? Of course there is. Unfortunately for you, some of the best and most active buyers on the boards have seen and commented in this thread and they are the ones that will never buy from you.

Times are tough out there. If it is hurting you this bad, would you like me to start a charity thread to raise the $6 for you?

Who are you guys kidding you'll all buy from someone if the deal is good.

It's business not personal. Stop making it personal. There's nothing to gain. There are no points to win -- no pennant to take home.

Overall he has good ratings but I love these three comments.

"Item description was inaccurate"

"Stuff was junk not worth shipping cost to send back"

and this should be no surprise to anyone,

"lacks good comm's"