• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Here is 111 ways for you to get the point:

AFRIKAANS ja

ALBANIAN po

ALSATIAN ja

ARABIC نعم (naam)

ARMENIAN ayo

AZERI beli

BAMBARA awo

BASQUE bai

BELARUSIAN Так (tak)

BENGALI ha

BOBO hoon

BOSNIAN da

BRETON ya

BULGARIAN Да (da)

BURMESE hoke te / hman te

CATALAN sí

CHEROKEE v

CHINESE 是 (shi) / 对 (dui)

CORSICAN iè / si

CROATIAN da

CZECH ano

DANISH ja

DUTCH ja

ENGLISH yes

ESPERANTO jes

ESTONIAN jah

EWE é

FAROESE ja

FIJIAN io

FINNISH kyllä

FRENCH oui

FRISIAN ja

FRIULAN se

GALICIAN si

GALLO yan / vais / vaer

GEORGIAN ki / diakh

GERMAN ja

GREEK ne

HAITIAN CREOLE wi

HAWAIIAN 'ae

HEBREW ken

HINDI हाँ (haan)

HUNGARIAN igen

ICELANDIC já

INDONESIAN ya

IRISH GAELIC [ repetition of the verb ]

ITALIAN sì

JAPANESE hai / éé

KABYLIAN eh

KHMER cha (female) / baht (male)

KINYARWANDA yego

KOREAN ney (old form) / yea (current form)

KURDISH ere / bele

LAO doy (very formal) / tiao (formal) / euh (coll.)

men leo (that's it) / dai (it's possible)

LATIN sic / (repetition of the verb)

LATVIAN jā

LIGURIAN sci

LINGALA èh

LITHUANIAN taip

LOW SAXON ja

LUXEMBOURGEOIS jo

MACEDONIAN да (da)

MALAGASY eny

MALTESE iva

MAORI ae

MONGOLIAN za / tiim (За / Тийм)

NORMAN veire

NORMAN (JÈRRIAIS) vethe

NORWEGIAN ja

OCCITAN òc

OLD NORSE já

OSSETIAN о

PAPIAMENTU si

PERSIAN bale (polite) / âre (slang)

POLISH tak

PORTUGUESE sim

ROMANI ova

ROMANIAN da

RUSSIAN Да (da)

SARDINIAN eja / giai / si

SANSKRIT आम्। (ām)

SCOTTISH GAELIC aye / [ repetition of the verb ]

SERBIAN da

SHIMAORE éwa

SHONA ehe

SINDHI ha

SINHALA ovu

SLOVAK ano

SLOVENIAN da

SOBOTA da

SONINKÉ yo

SPANISH sí

SWAHILI ndiyo

SWEDISH ja

TAGALOG opo / oo

TAHITIAN e

TAMAZIGHT wah

TAMIL ஒம் (om) ou ஆம் (aam)

TATAR aye

TELUGU avunu

THAI ใช่ (chaï) / ค่ะ (kha) - woman speaking / ครับ (khrap) - man speaking

TURKISH evet

UDMURT ben / o-o / y-y (colloquial)

UKRAINIAN Так (tak)

URDU han-ji

WALOON ("betchfessîs" spelling) oyi

WELSH ydw

[ repetition of the verb ]

WEST INDIAN CREOLE wè

WOLOF waaw

YIDDISH yoh

YORUBA beeni

ZULU yebo

All jokes aside Ottobord, you have over 5,000 good transactions, so online commerce is not new to you. Why are you acting this way here, at a place that allows you to sell to awesome collectors for free? We all make mistakes, just try your best to do what is right to fix it and that's all anyone would ask.

Harvey,

Someone who thought they did nothing wrong wouldn't offer you resolution for the comics your complaining about.

Since you are offering a resolution, as low ball as it may be, does that mean you are admitting you did something wrong?

Harvey,

Someone who thought they did nothing wrong wouldn't offer you resolution for the comics your complaining about.

I offer free return shipping on all my ebay auctions, regardless of the reason.

This thread chain has been hysterical. Thanks for that.

And thank you Harvey for giving me two more names to add to my block list. (thumbs u

Take advice from us stupid people.

The more you drag this out... the more those ebay accounts will be passed around... and the more you will be singled out as a problem seller.

Act swiftly ... and you can walk away unscathed and just try harder next time ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

I've already blocked this person on my eBay account. I'd bet I am not the only one, either.

-slym

Sorry, sometimes I fail, I'm done here. I try not to get involved in these threads it brings out the worst in me,

I'm done

So, when you "fail," and people give you good advice on how to correct your mistake, you run?

Bye. :hi:

-slym

If I can interrupt the unabashed ball washing of HarveySwick for just one second, I think you guys are glossing over some very serious red flags.

1) Harvey used his power as commissioner to acquire players in his fantasy football league in the shadiest way possible.

2) he's a lawyer, and lawyers have no soul.

3) like all lawyers, he has a drinking problem. Always going on about "passing the bar". Get help Harvey, please.

4) he's from boston, and they just had a record amount of snowfall in Boston. Coincidence?

5) one of the sellers 2 ebay accts (nothing shady there) is a reference to the 98 yankees, the greatest team of all time. And Yankee fans are above reproach.

6) he talks on the phone while driving.

I think ottobord should continue to fight the good fight, and not allow himself to get steam rolled by the obvious favoritism being displayed by the board. 2c

:shy:

Edited by JAM_NYC

If I can interrupt the unabashed ball washing of HarveySwick for just one second, I think you guys are glossing over some very serious red flags.

1) Harvey used his power as commissioner to acquire players in his fantasy football league in the shadiest way possible.

3) like all lawyers, he has a drinking problem. Always going on about "passing the bar". Get help Harvey, please.

4) he's from boston, and they just had a record amount of snowfall in Boston. Coincidence?

5) one of the sellers 2 ebay accts (nothing shady there) is a reference to the 98 yankees, the greatest team of all time. And Yankee fans are above reproach.

I think ottobord should continue to fight the good fight, and not allow himself to get steam rolled by the obvious favoritism being displayed by the board. 2c

Swick ball washing is a serious crime in itself. lol

Puts a new twist on the quote "passing the bar" ;)

xxx ooo

Rupp

:D

:insane:

I never agreed to a $5 refund. He told me to call him. I did when I was driving home. When I got home he threw out - "I'll give you $5 towards shipping. That's it. Then end. Take it. Take it."

I said I had to go and would write him more later.

I've also posted my first response to him in this thread. I explained to him a short while ago that I was initially trying to be polite. I did mention the condition by explaining I thought the books would have been bagged and boarded in my initial response to him.

I did initially offer a partial refund just because I was trying to avoid a headache. He said no - ship them back and that he wasn't paying for shipping.

There's clearly something that is missing with him. :insane:

I filed a PayPal claim. I'll package up the books well and wait for his response via the PayPal claim. Then I'll ship the books back to him. If he doesn't refund my shipping, I will nominate him for the Probation List and add his eBay accounts to the eBay Blocked User thread. This argument with him is just going in circles. He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong.

I want to nominate HarveySwick for the PL for talking on the phone while driving :devil:

6) he talks on the phone while driving.

:D

:foryou:

All jokes aside Ottobord, you have over 5,000 good transactions, so online commerce is not new to you. Why are you acting this way here, at a place that allows you to sell to awesome collectors for free? We all make mistakes, just try your best to do what is right to fix it and that's all anyone would ask.

I don't presume any special knowledge of the seller in this case, but I sometimes wonder if it is a matter of the dulling effect of doing business in an automated and largely anonymous online environment. The internet has never been good for interpersonal skills, and if a given seller has only known business online the level of "customer service" awareness may be very low.

So a seller who is otherwise an honest dealer still ends up with a narrow vision of every transaction. They are used to point click buys followed by point click shipping followed by point click feedback. That is great until something goes terribly wrong, but then there is no experience of face to face customer service to fall back on.

If you have never had the experience in real time of standing in front of an unhappy customer wanting you to fix something, online commerce is not going to get you that experience. The very vocabulary of real time customer service may not exist for that seller. 2c