• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

:insane:

I never agreed to a $5 refund. He told me to call him. I did when I was driving home. When I got home he threw out - "I'll give you $5 towards shipping. That's it. Then end. Take it. Take it."

I said I had to go and would write him more later.

I've also posted my first response to him in this thread. I explained to him a short while ago that I was initially trying to be polite. I did mention the condition by explaining I thought the books would have been bagged and boarded in my initial response to him.

I did initially offer a partial refund just because I was trying to avoid a headache. He said no - ship them back and that he wasn't paying for shipping.

There's clearly something that is missing with him. :insane:

I filed a PayPal claim. I'll package up the books well and wait for his response via the PayPal claim. Then I'll ship the books back to him. If he doesn't refund my shipping, I will nominate him for the Probation List and add his eBay accounts to the eBay Blocked User thread. This argument with him is just going in circles. He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong.

I want to nominate HarveySwick for the PL for talking on the phone while driving :devil:

I want to nominate him for buying from a guy whose ebay name is 1998yanks (tsk)

Sorry, sometimes I fail, I'm done here. I try not to get involved in these threads it brings out the worst in me,

I'm done

Oh, you're done all right. You just lost a lot of potential customers, both here and on ebay.

:insane:

I never agreed to a $5 refund. He told me to call him. I did when I was driving home. When I got home he threw out - "I'll give you $5 towards shipping. That's it. Then end. Take it. Take it."

I said I had to go and would write him more later.

I've also posted my first response to him in this thread. I explained to him a short while ago that I was initially trying to be polite. I did mention the condition by explaining I thought the books would have been bagged and boarded in my initial response to him.

I did initially offer a partial refund just because I was trying to avoid a headache. He said no - ship them back and that he wasn't paying for shipping.

There's clearly something that is missing with him. :insane:

I filed a PayPal claim. I'll package up the books well and wait for his response via the PayPal claim. Then I'll ship the books back to him. If he doesn't refund my shipping, I will nominate him for the Probation List and add his eBay accounts to the eBay Blocked User thread. This argument with him is just going in circles. He clearly thinks he did nothing wrong.

I want to nominate HarveySwick for the PL for talking on the phone while driving :devil:

I want to nominate him for buying from a guy whose ebay name is 1998yanks (tsk)

:shy:

I stand by my condition description.

I offered full refund at first complaint.

The dispute was return shipping

I shipped all books, two books were not the printing he was expecting. I can resolve that. My mistake, unfamiliar with the series, He knew that I was confused with the production runs.

Let me tell you where I stand and I already know it doesn't matter to you.

1 - I disagree with your condition description. At the very least ALL books should have been shipped in a manner that maintains the condition. You apparently cannot handle that as not a single book should slip by unbagged and unboarded if you are doing some basic quality control with the items you ship out.

2 - Basic quality control also means that first prints are first prints and second prints are identified as such. Apparently you cannot handle that either.

3 - This is your screwup. Make it right. There is no split shipping when you made the mistake. The customer doesn't want to keep your mistake. He wants you to own up to and take back and fix your mistake.

4 - I work hard for my money so I do not particularly care for headaches. You are a headache of a human being. So, thanks for the eBay handle. I will not deal with you here nor there and do not want to sell to you either. Your money is no good with me. No matter what list, if any, that you wind up on, you are on mine.

Why do you have two eBay accounts? I will look into that later.

My 2c

I had a customer buy 1 raw comic for about $20 a month or two ago.

There was a defect the buyer didn't like and he wanted to return it, he was going to pay return shipping.

After thinking about it, I told him to keep the book as a part of his collection until he found the copy he was looking for and that I would refund him 100%

The result: He thanked me and left me great feedback and said he would be back.

Lesson: I lost a little money short term, but I did the right thing and took care of my customer.

Lesson to the seller in this case: IT'S YOUR TURN

If I can interrupt the unabashed ball washing of HarveySwick for just one second, I think you guys are glossing over some very serious red flags.

1) Harvey used his power as commissioner to acquire players in his fantasy football league in the shadiest way possible.

2) he's a lawyer, and lawyers have no soul.

3) like all lawyers, he has a drinking problem. Always going on about "passing the bar". Get help Harvey, please.

4) he's from boston, and they just had a record amount of snowfall in Boston. Coincidence?

5) one of the sellers 2 ebay accts (nothing shady there) is a reference to the 98 yankees, the greatest team of all time. And Yankee fans are above reproach.

6) he talks on the phone while driving.

I think ottobord should continue to fight the good fight, and not allow himself to get steam rolled by the obvious favoritism being displayed by the board. 2c

:shy:

I laughed insanely hard at this.

Again...

The books are not in the condition as described. I just want a refund.

Are you asking for the seller to pay return shipping on condition not as described?

I stand by my condition description.

I offered full refund at first complaint.

The dispute was return shipping

I shipped all books, two books were not the printing he was expecting. I can resolve that. My mistake, unfamiliar with the series, He knew that I was confused with the production runs.

Let me tell you where I stand and I already know it doesn't matter to you.

1 - I disagree with your condition description. At the very least ALL books should have been shipped in a manner that maintains the condition. You apparently cannot handle that as not a single book should slip by unbagged and unboarded if you are doing some basic quality control with the items you ship out.

2 - Basic quality control also means that first prints are first prints and second prints are identified as such. Apparently you cannot handle that either.

3 - This is your screwup. Make it right. There is no split shipping when you made the mistake. The customer doesn't want to keep your mistake. He wants you to own up to and take back and fix your mistake.

4 - I work hard for my money so I do not particularly care for headaches. You are a headache of a human being. So, thanks for the eBay handle. I will not deal with you here nor there and do not want to sell to you either. Your money is no good with me. No matter what list, if any, that you wind up on, you are on mine.

Why do you have two eBay accounts? I will look into that later.

If the issue is condition then I don't agree that the seller should reimburse return shipping.

You told me to keep the books? When did that happen? ???

I received a refund this morning for the purchase price and anticipated giving you the return shipping cost on Monday?

Did we have a different conversation that I'm unaware of?

Jeff, just read the previous posts. There are several issues with this transaction.

Way too many posts and pile ons to spend the time.

You bought a short box of comics. A few were 2nd prints instead of 1st prints. The seller has offered to ship the 1st prints at no cost to you. Correct?

If you want a refund because you do not agree with the condition then of course! I personally allow returns for ANY reason. The only part of that is the buyer pays return shipping. The buyer has to have some stake in the transaction.

If you wanted to be reimbursed for return shipping because of the 2nd prints I would agree. If you want it because you do to agree with the condition then I would disagree.

I'm not going to argue with you Jeff just because you love to do it. :sorry:

I asked several specific questions that were important to me regarding condition and printing and relied on the responses from the seller. If he had told me the true condition of the books or that the first prints were really second prints/reprints, I would have passed.

But if you want to simplify the discussion and try to paint me as a buyer with unreasonable expectations regarding condition and portray the seer as a victim of pile ons and bullying then so be it. :foryou: