• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

General discussion thread - keep the other threads clean
29 29

35,153 posts in this topic

Vol. 1 #2 and 3

Vol. 2 #1 - 14

Vol. 3 #1 - 90

lol

I only have #1. :cloud9:

But I want to build a nice set someday. I love this series. But you don't need to send me free books just because I destroyed you in this argument. ;)

I agree that if it is just a question of grading accuracy, the buyer should pay for return shipping. The pictures are not clear enough to show the grade described. And it is up to the buyer to ask for clearer pics. In this case however, there were also print issues, and packaging issues. This give the buyer the right to void the transaction and ask for shipping. If the seller can negotiate a different resolution, fine. But final say goes to the buyer in this case. IMO

Hello all,

I think we have a resolution. I decided that the right thing to do is pay the return shipping and use this as a learning experience. I will send $15 to Harvey.

In addition Harvey doesn't want the books, neither do I, so if anyone who was involved in this discussion wants them please contact Harvey and he has my permission to mail them to you, if they go undeclared they will come back to me.

Sorry for the problem everyone.,

Vol. 1 #2 and 3

Vol. 2 #1 - 14

Vol. 3 #1 - 90

lol

I only have #1. :cloud9:

But I want to build a nice set someday. I love this series. But you don't need to send me free books just because I destroyed you in this argument. ;)

j4azc.jpg

They are slowly making their way to my next discount box so it's up to you. They may have been sold.

I don't see why a buyer should eat return shipping charges if the books are not as described.

Easy. The buyer needs an ounce of responsibility in deciding to return any item. No seller should agree to let a buyer completely off the hook because of a NM vs NM- situation.

Nah. It's a pain in the neck to have to send books back. That's enough of a cost to discourage frivolous returns. If you sell raw books, you should take returns and refund the shipping. I wouldn't buy a second time from a seller who didn't.

I don't see why a buyer should eat return shipping charges if the books are not as described.

Easy. The buyer needs an ounce of responsibility in deciding to return any item. No seller should agree to let a buyer completely off the hook because of a NM vs NM- situation.

Nah. It's a pain in the neck to have to send books back. That's enough of a cost to discourage frivolous returns. If you sell raw books, you should take returns and refund the shipping. I wouldn't buy a second time from a seller who didn't.

Which is completely up to you but not probation worthy. (thumbs u

Although I get your intent (sellers should honor their product), there are some that have their own grading system for whatever reason. So if you mail them a 9.4 that truly meets all the expectations of a 9.4, and they say by their standards it is a 9.2, should a seller have to eat the shipping?

Although I get your intent (sellers should honor their product), there are some that have their own grading system for whatever reason. So if you mail them a 9.4 that truly meets all the expectations of a 9.4, and they say by their standards it is a 9.2, should a seller have to eat the shipping?

As a buyer, I wouldn't expect the seller to eat shipping in this example. Seller should clearly eat shipping if there is an objective discrepancy...for example, if you send me a different issue than I paid for, or if you send me an incomplete or restored book when I expected a complete unrestored copy. With subjective grading disagreements, it's case by case...

Which not one single person said was probation worthy.

As a buyer, I wouldn't expect the seller to eat shipping in this example. Seller should clearly eat shipping if there is an objective discrepancy...for example, if you send me a different issue than I paid for, or if you send me an incomplete or restored book when I expected a complete unrestored copy. With subjective grading disagreements, it's case by case...

...... I would generally refund the seller their full original purchase price(with shipping) and expect them to pay to ship it back..... but I've gone both ways before, as well..... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I totally agree with this thinking.

If the seller grossly graded a book, or missed something substantial (graded the book from the cover, and missed a torn or cut page) then the right thing on a return is offer to cover the shipping.

One of these days you'll just tell me what's on your mind.

One of these days you'll just tell me what's on your mind.

It's mostly puppies and rainbows but words fail to describe the majesty of it all.